Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer  (Read 43491 times)

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »

Doesn't address the parsimonious and pusillanimous issues of Mother Harley but, most times, if you ask your credit card company to charge back the fee a hotel property charges for a cancelled reservation it will happen.  You're being charged for a product or service never provided.  That particular hotel might not want you back.  But you can likely save the money.

Great to know. I will need to call the location tomorrow. They are a smaller company, to see what they can do for me. I would hate to try that on a small business especially since it isn't their fault.
I am a small business owner as well and usually try to help people in the time of need however not everyone runs their business like that. We will see. Thanks so much for the heads up though.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2017 CVO Ltd Stage 4 sumping issue...HD shipping new design oil pump to dealer
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »

Great to know. I will need to call the location tomorrow. They are a smaller company, to see what they can do for me. I would hate to try that on a small business especially since it isn't their fault.
I am a small business owner as well and usually try to help people in the time of need however not everyone runs their business like that. We will see. Thanks so much for the heads up though.

I understand and would also try to work something out with them.  Credit for future stays or something other equally satisfactory.  But if you feel it's likely they'll re-book the room (or you check over your dates for availability and find out they have) so they'd be double-dipping the charge back is last option for recovery.

J.D.

« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »

Wow this situation is a textbook case of bad customer service.  Like Comcast bad.

I wonder if they would consider setting you up with a loaner so you don't have to miss your trip or lose the deposit.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »

I have asked for a loaner twice. No one had even acknowledged my request so I won't beg them.
I was able to cancel but lost $730 instead of the $2000. They were able to work with me a little.
I was able to leave a voicemail message with Matt levatich's assistant Jenny yesterday asking for someone with some kind of responsible authority to at least afford me enough respect to call me back and have a professional conversation about very poor customer service.
Request has gone completely unacknowledged.
Again absolutely nothing what so ever.
It is almost a laughable situation if it wasn't my $50k+  :huepfenjump3:

J.D.

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »

I was in a similar situation years ago with a "major" retailer (not motorcycle related).  I tried every angle for several months to get a reasonable resolution to no avail.  The situation was a complete cluster from near the beginning and fortunately I documented every email, conversation, phone call, photos, etc.  Finally I made a call and hired a local attorney to handle the situation on my behalf, turning over my documentation package.  We had one brief face to face meeting to get aligned.  That very afternoon I received a call from said retailer with an agreement to my resolution proposal - the exact resolution proposal I was trying to get working on my own behalf.  Attorney only costed me a few hundred bucks and literally only needed to make a single phone call to the right person.  Only regret, other than doing business with this retailer, was being nice for too long and not hiring the attorney earlier.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »

I was in a similar situation years ago with a "major" retailer (not motorcycle related).  I tried every angle for several months to get a reasonable resolution to no avail.  The situation was a complete cluster from near the beginning and fortunately I documented every email, conversation, phone call, photos, etc.  Finally I made a call and hired a local attorney to handle the situation on my behalf, turning over my documentation package.  We had one brief face to face meeting to get aligned.  That very afternoon I received a call from said retailer with an agreement to my resolution proposal - the exact resolution proposal I was trying to get working on my own behalf.  Attorney only costed me a few hundred bucks and literally only needed to make a single phone call to the right person.  Only regret, other than doing business with this retailer, was being nice for too long and not hiring the attorney earlier.

In many cases all it takes is one call or letter from an attorney to convince a company to do the right thing.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work, especially if you're dealing with a company that has a history of blowing off such contacts and basically forcing people to spend time and money pursuing legal action.  Considering Harley's spotty history of customer disservice, it's hard to say which way it would go.  In this case, I think there has been enough bad faith and outright fraud (lies) plus documented monetary losses to justify an attorney.  It is highly unlikely Harley is going to magically do an about face and step up to do the right thing after the history we've read in this thread.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »

Have you disclosed the location of this wonderful dealer so we can all get in on the action!!

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:23 PM »

Have you disclosed the location of this wonderful dealer so we can all get in on the action!!

>:(

Good point.  I perused most of the pages of this posting and never did note the Dealership name (seemed like it may have been somewhere in Virginia??).  YUP,  we should  all know the name of any dealer that is jerking one of us around to this extent.  In the past,  we have acknowledged Dealerships that do great service work and those that have offered discounts on mail order parts/accessories.  So put the name out there.

Also,  I would agree with Twolane and others earlier in this post as to (brand)..........Do I hear INDIAN :apple:  I'm too old now to much care about another new bike,  but given what I'm seeing,  after 5 Harleys..........these kinds of posts tell me all I need to know............next one (if ever) would be a new Yamaha or more likely an Indian.   Why would one want to continue paying big bucks for the kind of grief displayed here................. :nixweiss:

mark

« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2017, 08:19:12 PM »

You may want to write the HD CEO a concise letter outlining your trouble.  I had problems with AT&T a few years, got no resolution, left messages with AT&T managers, etc, with no returned calls.  Wrote the AT&T CEO a letter outlining my problems and I soon had every AT&T employee that blew me off trying to kiss my ass.  Remember to make your letter concise and to the point - no longer than a page, with short paragraphs.  Cover the main points - don't get bogged down small details.  People are more likely to read something short.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »

Yes everyone deserves to know who the dealer is that I am dealing with. However before I get to that let me explain how today went.
So again no communication what so ever this week. I showed up out of the blue today.
My bike hasn't been touched.
I asked the mechanic what's going on.
He said oh I got your cam cover gasket but they didn't send the other gaskets. The cylinder base and head gaskets.
He said they ordered them and found out they are backordered.
The mechanic said he was called yesterday from Harley wondering why my bike wasn't finished, he said because they didn't ship the gaskets to find out they are on backorder. None to be found anywhere.
So now my bike is awaiting more gaskets that are not abvailable now.
The mechanic now blames this on the factory rep ED making a statement, which I wasn't privy to that he would send all of the parts needed.
I also start questioning them to see my service invoices for the amount of times and dates that my bike was in the shop for the same related sumping issue and also when the last date my bike was delivered to their shop for the sumping issue.
She didn't have but one service ticket in the computer related to sumping even though I have had it in there 4 times before the factory rep showed up and released with a diagnosis of can't duplicate the issue.
 So she messed up and fessed up that the factory rep ED had the mechanic go back into the computer and close invoices and delete them. He also redated the only other two invoices to sept 1,2017 even though the bike was dropped off on 8/16/2017.
So the reason I mention this is because there is no basis right now with service records for me to prove my case of my bike being in the shop 3 times for the same engine failure and on 9-16-17 if it was not repaired then they will have to buy my bike back with the lemon law to apply.
Which when I mentioned that to Ed that day, he was a very busy body to go behind my back to erase some service history to swing this in favor of the dealership and harley. This is the same factory rep to look me in the eyes to agree to replace my motor to then go behind my back behind closed doors and order the repair. And here it is 2 weeks later with no repair, backordered part and a hateful rep. No motor, no bike, no ride. Pure pain in the ass.
Hence they would have until this Saturday 9/16/17 to repair my bike or buy it.
I told her it takes someone really good to get me and both harley and Shenandoah Harley Davidson has done a fabulous job doing so as well covering their tracks in the process.
They should be very proud of that fact because it doesn't happen often. However it has happened here.
So I am pissed and call HD customer service, very nicely mind you.
The rep was nice today and sent a message to the customer service manager Mrs. Smith. She called me back within 1 hour.
I went thru this whole process from the start to finish from the overcharge scam from this shifty dealer to all the B/S of everything this dealer and harley put me thru.
I also went into great deatails of how the factory rep has treated me as well as the moves he made behind my back to undermine me and flat out lied.
I also explained that when he let me ride the bike to create sumping issue that when I returned to Shenandoah before I could shut the bike off and stop he yelled to me direct within 12" of my face
" you don't even have the right oil pump on your bike and you can't understand why your bike is sumping" and slammed the paperwork invoices on my bike and was blaming me like it was my fault.
 That's when I returned conversation explaining to him that I only paid for the parts and install as a kit and that the dealer was the one to yell at and to blame. This is all true by the way.
Mrs Smith said this is all here say and that Harley Davidson has made a decision to repair my bike even when repair parts are not available and that they have done all they can and would do. I started laughing and realized then and there this is a straight up bullchit roadshambo
So I was trying to hold off on releasing the name of the dealership however it would weigh on my soul to know that they could be doing this to more than one customer.
Shenandoah Harley Davidson.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2017, 11:38:32 PM »

Looks like your not there first rodeo, this is on there Facebook page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

J.D.

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2017, 11:39:09 PM »

At this point you really might want to consider tidying up your documentation and consulting an experienced attorney.

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2017, 12:10:13 AM »

You said they deleted computer records of the numerous times it had been in for this issue. Do you have the documents from the times you dropped it off?

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2017, 12:53:59 AM »

I think there is quite a bit of evidence in these posts that may help your Attorney, times and dates are all here
for everyone to see.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2017, 06:49:08 AM »

Looks like your not there first rodeo, this is on there Facebook page
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.