Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tire wear  (Read 4198 times)

HDMIKETN64

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2015 Road Glide Special - Stage IV
Tire wear
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »

15k is about the most I get out a rear tire. But I Ride two up most of the time. My go to replacement tires are Dunlop American Elites for my baggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michael Noirot
Clarksville, TN

2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
2015 Road Glide Special - Stage IV

LilysBigDaddy

• Full CVO Member
  • Annabelle
    • NC

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited "Annabelle"
    • CVO2: 2008 FXDSE2 Dyna 105th Anniversary "The Beast" 129 HP / 129 Torque
Re: Tire wear
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »

Hi Ray is that your first set of elites I'm leaning in that direction but didn't know anyone who had tried them, did get 20k on the oem's.

yes, this is my first set. I've previously had mich comm ll & got about the same results. honestly,I don't see much, if any difference between the mich commll or the dunlop AE. probably more of a price difference & availability than anything
Ok have replaced my front now at 23k with a American Elite, very satisfied with it, i will say this was the factory original and the balance out of york, PA wasn't even close, glad i did it myself, much smoother ride.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

May you have a Great and Godly Day!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 08:59:29 PM »

American Elite tire with 16k

I was surprised when I got it on the lift and saw that the left side was wore so much more than the right side. Very little cupping.

When looking at the tires while on the jiffy stand, I would see all the tread on the right side and thought I was in good shape.

Lessons Learned:  Inspect both sides of the tire.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »

Y’all ride like little girls getting that many miles on the rear tire  :huepfenlol2:

I’m on my second set of AE’s and I like them much better than the 407-408f combo.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  :drink:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »

Y’all ride like little girls getting that many miles on the rear tire  :huepfenlol2:

I’m on my second set of AE’s and I like them much better than the 407-408f combo.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  :drink: now thats funnyyyy

TN
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 08:04:28 AM »

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  :drink:

TN

Or perhaps.....we are so much man and machine that we are one cohesive unit ripping through the curves on the most efficient line while maintaining maximum speed and lean angles with silky smooth power management throughout the entire maneuver.

As opposed to coming into a curve hot....not on the proper entry line....slamming on the brakes to make the turn....then down shifting into first gear....hard twist of the throttle while exiting to achieve maximum acceleration to 20 mph.......just in time to see my tail lights disappear over the horizon.

That's my story....come get some!   :drink:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:12:55 AM by Cat Eye »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »

Or perhaps.....we are so much man and machine that we are one cohesive unit ripping through the curves on the most efficient line while maintaining maximum speed and lean angles with silky smooth power management throughout the entire maneuver.

As opposed to coming into a curve hot....not on the proper entry line....slamming on the brakes to make the turn....then down shifting into first gear....hard twist of the throttle while exiting to achieve maximum acceleration to 20 mph.......just in time to see my tail lights disappear over the horizon.

That's my story....come get some!   :drink:

Roger that Cat Eye, I ain’t looked at it from that perspective  :nixweiss:  I will practice and get back with ya.  :orange:

And I will getmesum, Sir  :drink:

TN

From the looks of yer rear tire I ain’t getting on a boardtrack with ya, unless we reverse direction.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:50:31 AM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »

What tire pressures are you running? My dealer recommends 40 front and rear cold when riding solo.

SouthSide

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »

I'm at almost 19,000 on originals; never happened before.
MGS True Duals w/high flow baffles
PowerVision tuner

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 11:22:46 PM »

What tire pressures are you running? My dealer recommends 40 front and rear cold when riding solo.

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 12:01:14 PM »

Wow I have a 2015 road glide ultra cvo and so far  it is a stretch it to get 10,000 on a back tire (the factory 407 that sounds like a mudder when it wears) and I keep the air pressure at 40 but I also ride two up most of the time. I am due again for back tire and thinking about tying the Michelin commander or the Dunlop Elite, any rear wear numbers on them or thoughts?  Thanks

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »

Wow I have a 2015 road glide ultra cvo and so far it is a stretch it to get 10,000 on a back tire (the factory 407 that sounds like a mudder when it wears) and I keep the air pressure at 40 but I also ride two up most of the time. I am due again for back tire and thinking about tying the Michelin commander or the Dunlop Elite, any rear wear numbers on them or thoughts?  Thanks
While I've been pleased with the ride and handling feel of the AE's over the stock Dunlop's, it appears I'll only get similar mileage. Was hoping to avoid the cupping issue I experienced with the stock rear tires on my 2010 FLHTK and 2011 FLTRUSE, but it was not to be :'(. The cupping on the AE rears became noticeable around 7-8k miles (similar to the stock tires) and has continued although not quite as noisy as the stock Dunlop's. Currently at 10,470 miles and looking at maybe getting 14-15k tops with the AE's. Apparently the cause of tire cupping is still a mystery as I've yet to read a definitive explanation :nixweiss:.

FWIW the majority of my miles are fully loaded touring ........two up with loaded saddlebags, tourpak and tourpak rack luggage. Tire pressure has been 38-40 front, 40-42 rear (cold) and monitored via FOBO. Riding style is assertive on the curves with occasional scraping of the kickstand. It's always been a mystery to me reading tire mileage claims on identical touring bikes of 20k (and some claims even higher) when many others, myself included, can get only 13k-15k maximum. I suppose it might be a matter of perspective. I believe it's time for tire replacement when the "wear bar" becomes even with the tread ........others might view the "wear bar" as a 5k miles left marker LOL ??? Bottom line .......each to their own. I look forward to hearing of riders experiences with the Michelin Commander II tires. Thought about trying them until I learned they were made in China :-\
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:05:21 PM by Trigger-Man »
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.