Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Limited seat  (Read 2842 times)

211at711

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

CVO Limited seat
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »

I picked up a CVO Limited a bit ago, and have done some touring on it with plans for much more. I'm having significant seat comfort troubles. I've tried stock, Corbin, and Saddlemen and have been unhappy with all. Any suggestions on what to try next?

My police bikes never had seat troubles, but it was a different kind of riding. Lots of on and off, and not too many miles. The seats I've tried, after 50-70 miles, the discomfort is evident.

J.D.

Re: CVO Limited seat
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »

I bought a wool covered gel pad to place on top of the seat that helped me tremendously.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »

I used the be a Corbin fan. Had about 12-15 of them.

Tried a Russell day long seat in my 14 CVO last year. Wish I would have done that years ago. By far the best seat I ever had. (And the ugliest). 1,000 mile days are easy with this seat, it is that good.

I would say it is 3 X better than a Corbin and I will never buy anything else for street bikes. 

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

Another huge fan of the Russell Day Long here. Best seat I have ever tried, and I went through Mustang, Ultimate, Corbin, air and gel pads, etc. They are pricey and you have to wait, but well worth it in my opinion. My wife on the back seat agrees. When I told her I was trading for a Harley her only question was can we keep the seat. I had to promise to buy a new seat for the new ride.

Iron Butt #41707

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage
    • CVO3: 1979 Honda CBX
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »

I had Tom Simmons in Fayettville, AR build a Custom seat for my 2009 Ultra Classic. I still use it on my 2012 CVO. It's a thousand mile seat. It does take awhile to get it back but it's well worth it. His web site is tscustomseats.com

xupd42bmg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 04:24:40 PM »

Beadrider....  that is the answer to all your problems. It looks like damit but I swear it works. My girlfriend got some for my ultra and I was like uuugggg   really. I've had them on since Christmas. 15hr rides no problem. Yesterday I removed them cause I don't really care for the look. After 2 hrs we had swamp ass and it was hurting. Trust me when I say, THE BEADS ARE GOING BACK ON!!!!!!

211at711

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:50:23 AM »

I had Tom Simmons in Fayettville, AR build a Custom seat for my 2009 Ultra Classic. I still use it on my 2012 CVO. It's a thousand mile seat. It does take awhile to get it back but it's well worth it. His web site is tscustomseats.com

I wrote Tom Simmons 3 weeks ago and he didn't even bother to write back. So, he's out of the running!

flyguy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 110th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2016 Road Glide Ultra 117 Kit
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »

What year is your CVO ? I have a 13 that I replaced the seat on because it was uncomfortable with a 14 CVO seat and it made a huge difference. Now I have to say that the seat on my 16 CVO RG Ultra is even more comfortable. Put 10,000 in 6 weeks and was really pleased.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.