Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: More lay-offs loom at Harley as second quarter domestic U.S. sales plummet  (Read 8081 times)

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU

Just curios of all the know it all's. Who here runs at least a $1B corporation with full P&L. If you do I think it's okay to comment. If not, why do you think you even should comment??????  You are just a keyboard warrior and it's pathetic you even think you have a point.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Just curios of all the know it all's. Who here runs at least a $1B corporation with full P&L. If you do I think it's okay to comment. If not, why do you think you even should comment??????  You are just a keyboard warrior and it's pathetic you even think you have a point.

You're at a site whose sole purpose is public commentary on topics of shared interest. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Was going to put a small font and parenthetically noted (dipstick) at the end of that ^ but remembered that doing so would be impolitic.  So I didn't.  The moderators should be proud of me for my dedication to site esprit de corps.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

You just made my point.

Was going to put a small font and parenthetically noted (dipstick) at the end of that ^ but remembered that doing so would be impolitic.  So I didn't.  The moderators should be proud of me for my dedication to site esprit de corps.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

You just made my point.

Doesn't play well with others.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

Not sure what that means. You have physiological issues?  Or do you try to intimidate me?  Either way it seems to be a you issue. 

Doesn't play well with others.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Not sure what that means. You have physiological issues?  Or do you try to intimidate me?  Either way it seems to be a you issue.

This got boring fast.  Was expecting something actually entertaining.

So, to summarize, no, never mind.  He wouldn't get it until later anyway and I don't have the patience.

So, back to the thread.  Yeah, I wish Harley was run with improved insight also.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

Do you run a $1B corporation with full P&L?  If you don't, then by your own words you shouldn't be commenting here.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3

I remember the previous CEO of HD shopping for new places to establish their headquarters or mother factory at the least for the concessions that other states, countries would provide to them for their presence. I think there was union negotiations going on at that time.

As far as my BILLION' dollar corporation experience goes.........I have none, maybe.

I like a heated discussion as much as anyone but the personal attacks I can do without, I'm very sensitive with cyberbullying so please respect that.

Carry on

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7

Does anyone else find the above post as comical as I do???

There are folks on this forum that are (or have been) in Boardrooms of Public Companies, Manage $100M+ Programs, Own Multi-Million Dollar Companies, work on a Global Scale with Fortune 100 Companies, and more,,,

Yea, a bunch of kno-'nuthins here... LMFAO
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:05:44 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

mark

I think there are some kids on your lawn...

G 97

Or you could simply quote and specifically ask those directly who you find to be a keyboard warrior.  Rather than making a blanket comment.   Nevermind that a big part of any forum is for peeps to offer and share their own opinions on topics for discussion.   One doesn't have to be a CEO to offer an opinion. 

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

so let's change this to a commercial airplane. The captain is the CEO. How many here has a valid opinion on how to operate the airship??????? (I might have an unfair advantage being a Commercial pilot) but if you think you can run a Corporation why would you not think you can pilot an airliner. Easy answers because you can't, and your opinion is just another internet warrior wasting his breath.

But hey it's a free world. Knock your socks off thinking you matter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

so let's change this to a commercial airplane. The captain is the CEO. How many here has a valid opinion on how to operate the airship??????? (I might have an unfair advantage being a Commercial pilot) but if you think you can run a Corporation why would you not think you can pilot an airliner. Easy answers because you can't, and your opinion is just another internet warrior wasting his breath.

But hey it's a free world. Knock your socks off thinking you matter

There is a simple solution here.  If you're of a mind that good natured and friendly conversation between generally informed adults of generally comparable interests and often surprisingly interwoven backgrounds in a format and on a forum whose primary (if not sole) intent is precisely that type of conversation you can, and I say this will all due sincerity and respect, go away.

Or not.  It is your choice. 

Some of the conversations here are obviously obtuse (at best) and pick up good natured teasing and even ridicule (can one say "oil threads") as they might deserve.  Others, such as this one, are understood to be "curb racing."  The chatter among people with an interest who also (surprisingly often) have at least enough of a background to have some moderate insight enough to have that conversation; at least at a an informed journeymen's level.

If this level of conversation annoys or offends you please understand that no one here wishes to harm your (apparently) tender sensibilities.  If that is happening I would offer, and again I say this with all due sincerity and respect, that you might consider finding other fora more suited to your elevated understandings and that does not insult your patience and intelligence; as we mere riders here apparently do.

Should you choose to disregard this sincerely offered and respectfully given advice please note, however, that should you choose to stay and continue to (lamely and pedantically) bitch and (poorly) attempt further ridicule, well; most of us really just won't give a flying f&#k and we will make fun of you for a brief period.  Then we'll get bored and simply disregard your nonsense.

By the way, have a good day  :2vrolijk_21: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

This

thread

is

dipsticked.

Proof that I had to look up the word "impolitic" since I thought it might be some sort of parasitic politicritter.  :nixweiss:  I like esprit de corps, recall a young lady who used to wear that fragrance....   :coolblue:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.