Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: san diego and back  (Read 1019 times)

mazz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

san diego and back
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:37:52 PM »

rode out to California in late June and back after the 4th of July. had to ride solo buddy was having some back pain. 3 and a half days on the road each way from Rockford Illinois and a week to party with old high school buddy. Got a lot of really hot weather little hail in the Rockies . I took southern route out along I40 or 66 and back up I15 then thru Denver and I 80.
116 degrees in Utah , so hot I never worried about bathroom breaks [ I am 65 ]. I don't recall ever having a sore butt , I had Alligator Bob lower and upgrade my seat to his gel pad.
Motor was flawless and yes their is a speed limiter on these bikes. Entertainment unit froze up regularly while iPod was installed and irregularly without it. Stopped at 4 dealers in route they all moved me up to front of the line and quickly gave me and update different than the other 3 ..... nothing worked. Getting a new head unit from home dealer as we speak.
ALL IN ALL GREAT TRIP A LITTLE WORN OUT FROM HEAT .
Mazz

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: san diego and back
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:13:52 PM »

You should have let us know.  Could have arranged a meet n greet with the other members of this forum from the San Diego area and gave you the $1.98 tour.

Yep, the heat will definately zap the energy level....especially when we get up in to our mid to late 60s.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: san diego and back
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

Sounds like a great trip, Mazz.      :worthless:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.