Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Yikes..... Wobble  (Read 3204 times)

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Yikes..... Wobble
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »

MH, those are good comments. We were definitely heavy and I am going to try it empty and what happens. I think you are right.

Bob
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:58:02 AM by bubtrauma »
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »

I also experience woobles with my SGSE 2015, and it is frightening.

The bike is properly maintained, fully equiped with front and rear öhlins shocks/springs and with perfectly balanced and inflated new metzeler tires... and some woobles nevertheless occure in certain situations.

It might usually occure in long curves at different speed from as low as 60 mph, most generally from 75 mph, depending the quality of the road asphalt or bumps. But it also occurs in straight line at higher speed and above 100 mph it's, let's say unpredictive.

The phenomenon is amplified when loaded with a mid size HD luggage installed in the passenger seat with a sissy.

After having experienced woobles at different speed, I have almost lost confidence in this motorcycle above 70 mph despite the fact that it can easily reach 125 mph.

Even with $$$ invested in performance suspension the scoot is subject to woobles, so l guess the motorcycle conception is flawed by design. I never experienced that with my Springer, even at high speed. This is a real issue and I am clueless on how it can be solved. That sucks and it is dangerous, specially here in Europe where highway speed is usually 75-80 mph, even not limited on some part in Germany.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »

:-\

Lolo,  maybe you have never seen this write-up regarding the H.D. wobble, but this guy breaks it down somewhat to give you a perspective as to why it happens..........as he sees it.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 06:53:32 PM »

Thank you for the very interesting document. So now the 600$ question is does a kind of swing arm and front stabilizer plate will solve the issue? Hard to get a definitive answer on this as I have read different posts on such systems which relate zero to magic effects.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.