Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with Service engine light after Air ride install....  (Read 989 times)

psoff

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Help with Service engine light after Air ride install....
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:20 AM »

I have a 2017 SG CVO....
I Installed am Rear Air Ride kite from Xotic Customs. I used the Aux. Dash switches to activate the up and down. During the install I removed the ECU and the BCM as well as unplugged a number of connectors. ! big issue with this kit is where the Air tank mounts. It is behind the right Bag So when I went to mount my bag back the electrical connector hit the air tank. So for now I have that connector is unplugged. During the install I did cross a couple wires and blew the P & A 20 amp Fuse. (now replaced)
After the install everything seems to work and bike runs fine, but I now have a Service Engine light on. I rode it 20 miles and still the engine light is on.

Does anyone know what might have caused this and how I can get rid of the issue?
My first thought is that maybe the bag connector not being plugged in might do this. I dont see why it would. When I get some time today I will plug it in and see if the light goes out.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Help with Service engine light after Air ride install....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »

Read the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's), write down any you find, then clear them.  Fire the bike up and go for a short ride and see if the codes return.  If you don't know what the codes mean, either post them here or do an online search.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

psoff

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »

Read the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's), write down any you find, then clear them.  Fire the bike up and go for a short ride and see if the codes return.  If you don't know what the codes mean, either post them here or do an online search.

Jerry

How can I read the code on the CVO?

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »

Used to be you held trip meter switch as you turns on ignition then used trip switch to toggle  thru not sure about the 17... just you tubed it and it's the same to the new bikes
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:01:37 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

psoff

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »

I figured it out thanks....There is actually 2 ways to get to the DTC codes on the 17. 1 is through the Boom radio screen. Hold the Mute down turn on the run switch. Hold Mute for 2 seconds AFTER the "accept" screen appears. Release mute and hit accept. Then you can see the DTC's

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.