Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Electrical help  (Read 1048 times)

cvogeorge

Electrical help
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »

I had to access the battery on my 2015 RG CVO and when I was putting everything back together I noticed there was a black plug to the left of the ECM board that didn't have a match.  I swear I unplugged it to get to the battery but for the life of me can't find a matching plug.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

George

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Electrical help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 04:36:45 PM »

If your description is correct and memory serves, I believe that is an extra plug. I don't think you unplugged it but rather pulled it from it's retaining clip. Is it running?

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »

Give us the color of the connector housing, how many pins or sockets, how many wires actually go into the connector, and the color of the wires.  That will help narrow down the possibilities.  Some possibilities are the security antenna, the purge valve connector for California emission system bikes, and probably a few more.  It's not uncommon to have unused connectors btw, since they use the same main wiring harness in various models.  It's cheaper to give away a couple unused connectors than it would be to have different main harnesses for every possible option.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cvogeorge

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »

It starts and sound good but I haven't taken it on the road.  It is a 6 pin black female plug.  There is another plug located right by it but they do not match up.  Tried to attach a photo but not having much luck.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.