Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley stuck in flood, what to do next  (Read 3714 times)

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
Re: Harley stuck in flood, what to do next
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »

The only flood experience I have had was in WV and there is typically some higher ground close by up there.  Sometimes people would leave a car to get flooded when they could have moved it to safety, the insurance company did not always pay those cases.

That was years ago and different circumstances to TX and LA.

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »

THis was sitting on 10 inch blocks.
Adjuster has yet to come out, what do you guys think?
Totaled?

FYI, I looked at my policy and I am covered for $5k in accessories.  Now that I am adding everything up just the sound system, jammers, GPS is about $5k.  I might just take the other stuff off if it is considered totaled.  Just a heads up to bump your accessory coverage, I was paying $6 a year for $5k coverage, coverage all the accessories wouldnt have been much more.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:40:59 PM by kalikali »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »

THis was sitting on 10 inch blocks.
Adjuster has yet to come out, what do you guys think?
Totaled?

FYI, I looked at my policy and I am covered for $5k in accessories.  Now that I am adding everything up just the sound system, jammers, GPS is about $5k.  I might just take the other stuff off if it is considered totaled.  Just a heads up to bump your accessory coverage, I was paying $6 a year for $5k coverage, coverage all the accessories wouldnt have been much more.

You can tell from the waterline on the bike that the water had been significantly higher than it currently is.  To my mind there'd be no thought at all of trying to talk the insurance company out of totaling it.  Let them take it away and start over.  Strip pieces you can before they come look.  Still show enough receipts to claim your $5k in accessories.  Then thank the travel gods you had insurance.

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 10:10:24 PM »

This guy had some serious bikes and cars in his collection:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »

A rope around the handlebars and knock a hole in the ceiling drywall and loop the rope over the truss and lift it up to hang on the rear wheel might have "been" an option.  I know you had blocks under it too.  I think a back wheel underwater would be fixable.

I know, 20/20, but we do feel for all of you that had no options but to leave your stuff where it was and just walk away until it's over.

Good luck.  I agree, this is not a bike that I would want to try to get sorted out at a later time.

Can you imagine what the glut of flood vehicles is going to be like at the auctions coming soon?  Also all of the unscrupulous people giving the cars/bike a quick cleaning and then peddling them off as not flood vehicles?

For the right price I would be interested in some toys, but it would be purely at my choice knowing that upfront.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.