Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seats  (Read 1551 times)

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
Seats
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »

Looking for inputs on seats.  I am planning on putting a new seat on my Street Glide.  I need something that would be good for 500+ days.  The stock seat hurts after about 100 miles.  The Mustang touring seats are good for around 200'ish miles before they start to hurt.  Both give me the same 2 hot spots.

I've been eyeballing the Road Zeppelin, the Hammock, and the Sun Downer.  Other than the price difference, and how big the RZ is, does anyone had any complaints of these seats?  I'm not short... 34 inch inseam.  Typically, when I ride, I schedule 10-15 minute breaks every hour-to-hour and a half.  The dealer has the RZ in stock and said I can take it overnight, so I'm going to run down and pick it up.  Hope it's comfy and not too hideous.  Lol.

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Jeevz

• Junior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE Stardust
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »

The stock seat on a 2017 CVO Limited is the first stock seat to work for me, 600 miles no issues.  The pillion may be visually too tall on a Street Glide though.  I had a Danny Gray Longhaul Airhawk on the '09 Ultra I traded in and could do 1,000 mile days on that one too.  It has a much lower pillion profile and would likely look close to stock height on the Street Glide.

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »

When I had the dealer on the phone, I mentioned the CVO ultra seat...  he said $1200!  I need one this week to get ready for Maggie Valley. Not that they had that one in stock, either.
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

The Harley Hammock was always good by me. I tried different seats including Danny Gray Airhawk and came back to the Hammock.

DH

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 01:42:38 AM »

Ended up calling my dealer's sister store.  They had both seats and let me try them both on one of their Street Glides. Ended up getting the Hammock with the adjustable backrest. Hopefully this will work out well.  Man, I cannot believe how big the RZ was in person!

Thank y'all for your inputs.

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.