Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not like winning the lottery, but similar  (Read 1684 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Not like winning the lottery, but similar
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »

:cherry:

Well,  those of us that are not armed with loads of extra money,  usually have to dream or take moderate steps in getting some of the extras or "toy" we enjoy.  Having owned a streetrod for close to 40 years,  and having a lot of $$$ tied up in it,  it appears I now have a (high potential) sale of it.

I say High potential as the deal is not done yet.  I do have a significant deposit and acknowledgement of closing the deal later in the month.

This enables me (as an old guy) will be 75 tomorrow.............to ponder what toy or toys I might decide to go after when this deal is done.

I'm a current owner of a 2014 SG Special with low miles as most all of my buddies have given up riding and/or significantly limit the riding that they do do................(back pain/knee pain/ etc.).

So,  I enjoy getting out there in decent weather,  but I no longer need to fight the rain and cold weather, etc.  that I used to do.

Thinking of another possible ride,  I would consider a Indian.......as an alternative to the 5 Harleys I've had since 1993.  Also,  I have a buddy with some old Triumphs.......(My first bike was a 650 TR6---1963 model).  He has a restored one from the late 60s as I recall.  I might be interested in that......

Also,  I've thought of BossHoss V8 bikes,  I test rode one a few yrs ago in Myrtle Beach at a rally.  It was cool,  but on the ride,  you just could NOT lean it over but just a "tad" when turning on to a road ramp or the damn thing would scrap the ground.......did not like that "limitation on handling".

Anyway........what would some of you do as to a new ride..........if you had the extra funds to go ahead and make it happen. :nixweiss:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Not like winning the lottery, but similar
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »

I am thinking  :indian_chief:

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »

I'm 35, but if I were in your situation, I'd be buying a C7 Z06 convertible. 

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »

:-\

Hey,  I've owned 4 convertibles over the years,  my first was a '61 Chevy with the tri power 348.  Next 3 converts were Corvettes............so I've been there and done that............ ::)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »

:2vrolijk_06:

Definitely would have to give Indian a good, hard look were I in your shoes.  Good on you to still be able to ride.  That's awesome! :2vrolijk_21: 

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »

Slingshot might be a consideration if it were me and I didn't go with an Indian.

Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 10:01:39 PM »

Slingshot might be a consideration if it were me and I didn't go with an Indian.

Mike
 :drink:
I could see you in one, unc.   ;D

Mo, I would go Indian.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »

:cherry:

Well,  those of us that are not armed with loads of extra money,  usually have to dream or take moderate steps in getting some of the extras or "toy" we enjoy.  Having owned a streetrod for close to 40 years,  and having a lot of $$$ tied up in it,  it appears I now have a (high potential) sale of it.

I say High potential as the deal is not done yet.  I do have a significant deposit and acknowledgement of closing the deal later in the month.

This enables me (as an old guy) will be 75 tomorrow.............to ponder what toy or toys I might decide to go after when this deal is done.

I'm a current owner of a 2014 SG Special with low miles as most all of my buddies have given up riding and/or significantly limit the riding that they do do................(back pain/knee pain/ etc.).

So,  I enjoy getting out there in decent weather,  but I no longer need to fight the rain and cold weather, etc.  that I used to do.

Thinking of another possible ride,  I would consider a Indian.......as an alternative to the 5 Harleys I've had since 1993.  Also,  I have a buddy with some old Triumphs.......(My first bike was a 650 TR6---1963 model).  He has a restored one from the late 60s as I recall.  I might be interested in that......

Also,  I've thought of BossHoss V8 bikes,  I test rode one a few yrs ago in Myrtle Beach at a rally.  It was cool,  but on the ride,  you just could NOT lean it over but just a "tad" when turning on to a road ramp or the damn thing would scrap the ground.......did not like that "limitation on handling".

Anyway........what would some of you do as to a new ride..........if you had the extra funds to go ahead and make it happen. :nixweiss:

How significant is this $$$ windfall?  $20k to $30k, $30k to $40k?  How much are you willing to reinvest into another toy?

I take it that you're keeping the '14 SG.

This is just my opinion and something that interests me, but when you look at riding/driving in the sun with the wind blowing through your hair, or what's left of it, this strikes my fancy very much.  I've posted pictures here before, but here is another.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/morgan/3-wheeler/1995624.html

This is just the first one I found with a price attached.  They are available and the newer ones are the better ones, but this one has been updated with all of the newer features.

You've got me by about 7 years and I'm very happy to be in pretty good health, for the condition I'm in...  It sounds like you're still able to do just about anything you want, riding etc.

But for me to get on something slower and just cruise, that's what whips my wire today.  I like my old '76 FLH Shovelhead just a Sunday rider.  A Morgan Three Wheeler would take that a bit further for me as a slow cool looking ride.

Again, this is kind of like the old Victory Visions, you either love them or hate them and the Morgan I think falls into that category.  I've been on the Morgan forum in the UK for several years now and there are many here in the US on the same forum that have the M3W's.  They say that they are the MOST fun they've ever had driving/riding.  They also say that you will be bombarded with questions anytime you stop at a light or gas station.

Okay, off my soapbox now.

I wish I still had my streetrod.  That is the ONLY thing I've ever sold that I truly have seller's remorse for.  Yes, I've sold things that I wish I had today, but nothing like my streetrod.

After 40 years, I think you know whether or not you're ready to part with it for good.

Whatever you reinvest in will not be taking any money that will affect your life style, so you really can be a bit crazy in what you buy.

Good luck with your new toy, whatever it may be...  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »

Dan, I don't think age has anything to do with it 'cause y'all both have some years on me but I would love to have that Morgan.....and I still have hair for which the wind bloweth through..... ;D

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 02:20:17 PM »

If everything goes as planned, I hope to be working on my new trike project this coming winter.  It should "resemble" a slightly older Morgan three wheeler.

I think that could be the next best thing to actually riding on two wheels.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

:-\

That Morgan is cool,  but pricier than I had in mind.  By the way,  here is a pic of the '69 Bonny that I possibly could get and it's only got around 50 miles since a total rebuild.

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.