Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Say a prayer for us down here  (Read 3686 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Say a prayer for us down here
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »

All is good here at our house never lost power a few palm fronds ripped off and a lot of leaf debris. Areas all around are a lot worse with rising waters and downed trees. Spent yesterday afternoon cutting up a huge pine tree and some oaks at a home a few miles away. Saw a elderly man and woman sitting in their front yard with a saw trying to cut the tree up. She is scheduled for knee replacements and he has a bad back. I stopped asked if they needed help and after a few minutes of trying to convince them I wasn't there to rip them off my help was free they said they could use it. Went home got my saws and went back and cut the trees up drug the brush to the street.  I did get a pint of homemade blueberry jam from a friend of theirs that stopped by.  Best payment was being able to help someone that needed it. Going out today to see if there I can find someone that needs a strong back
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:16:44 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »

Attaboy Jim, thats how it's done. 

GOD BLESS  :2vrolijk_21:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »

Attaboy Jim, thats how it's done. 

GOD BLESS  :2vrolijk_21:

Just had some of the blueberry jam on toast Oh my I think I'm in love.  This stuff is awesome.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »

I do want to personally thank everyone that posted on this thread. We have a great group here and want you all to know how much I appreciate you. . It's a huge task to get this area back up but there are many wonderful crews working very hard restoring power and cleaning up.  Irma was a bad one. . Stuart.

Hey Stu! Glad to hear you made it through. Is Robmay still down in this neck of the woods? Linda & I are up in the Jensen Beach area and finally got power day before last. My folks in Jupiter only got it back on last night. Lots of trees down. We believe a tornado took out a few large trees across the canal from us. Actually the house was Chief's childhood home (small world). Hope everyone else is safe.

AJ

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »

Hey AJ. . Was wondering where you have been.  Got Power back on today in our Margate location. It was rough for us a few days.  But I really can't say enough how fast fpl is getting all the power restored.  Can only get better now.  Last time I saw Robmay he was up near ocala. . . Stuart

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:07 PM »

Sure glad all is good.Stu. Got a message from John today and sounds like he is all good too. Still sounds like it is bad, but it sounds like it has turned out good compared to what they were originally predicting. Still hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for all
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 10:32:01 PM »

All is good here at our house never lost power a few palm fronds ripped off and a lot of leaf debris. Areas all around are a lot worse with rising waters and downed trees. Spent yesterday afternoon cutting up a huge pine tree and some oaks at a home a few miles away. Saw a elderly man and woman sitting in their front yard with a saw trying to cut the tree up. She is scheduled for knee replacements and he has a bad back. I stopped asked if they needed help and after a few minutes of trying to convince them I wasn't there to rip them off my help was free they said they could use it. Went home got my saws and went back and cut the trees up drug the brush to the street.  I did get a pint of homemade blueberry jam from a friend of theirs that stopped by.  Best payment was being able to help someone that needed it. Going out today to see if there I can find someone that needs a strong

Wouldn't the world be a great place if more people were like you and willing to help those that really need help. Hats off to you.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »

Wouldn't the world be a great place if more people were like you and willing to help those that really need help. Hats off to you.
x2 Good on you. Hopefully there are many others like you to help others that will need. :2vrolijk_21:

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »

Hey AJ. . Was wondering where you have been.  Got Power back on today in our Margate location. It was rough for us a few days.  But I really can't say enough how fast fpl is getting all the power restored.  Can only get better now.  Last time I saw Robmay he was up near ocala. . . Stuart

I heard from Rob May

Still no power, trees down everywhere, should get back to something that looks like normal soon.

Thank god he is okay !
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.