Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sometimes it works.................and some times it does not.  (Read 1132 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Sometimes it works.................and some times it does not.
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »

:-\

I've got low miles on a 2014 SG Special..........and every once in a (ride),  something electronic...............fails to work.

It is not always the same "glitch"...........I can start off and not be able to get to my thumb drive via (media).......or other failures.......like today.  I cranked up in my driveway and headed out.  Finally realized I never got the (message) that normally shows up regarding (Harley covering their azz regarding whatever).   So.......miles down the road,  I stop to  get gas and when I started up again.......Bingo.......the (warning showed up) and all was back to normal. :nixweiss:

Obviously a (switch) related problem,  have any of you had this going on. :nixweiss: 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Sometimes it works.................and some times it does not.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »

It will disappear on it's own 15 seconds after startup. Did you by chance start the bike up and then finish gearing up while not looking at the screen by chance?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »

It will disappear on it's own 15 seconds after startup. Did you by chance start the bike up and then finish gearing up while not looking at the screen by chance?

Well.........maybe I did.  I have the FOBO app which monitores my tire pressure.  Right after starting it up,  I looked up the app via my smart phone to check my current tire pressures.  A while later, down the road a mile or so,  I noted there was nothing on the screen at all.  Quite often,  I "click" to (media) and then my (thumb drive) which has lots of tunes I like.

Until I restarted after getting gas,  I could NOT get anything whatso ever on the FU*** blank screen. :nixweiss:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »

Well.........maybe I did.  I have the FOBO app which monitores my tire pressure.  Right after starting it up,  I looked up the app via my smart phone to check my current tire pressures.  A while later, down the road a mile or so,  I noted there was nothing on the screen at all.  Quite often,  I "click" to (media) and then my (thumb drive) which has lots of tunes I like.

Until I restarted after getting gas,  I could NOT get anything whatso ever on the FU*** blank screen. :nixweiss:
I'm had to restart my while riding down the road before. Hold the mute button down for 3 seconds to turn off the system and then turn it back on. Hell, now I can't remember exactly why I've had to do that. This getting forgetful sh!t if for the birds.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »

Mine started out with no volume control, that led to not being able to have use of any infotainment controls to blank screan, dead radio.
All intermitant and always correted with the shut down and restart.
 Went to the dealership and they checked the radio softwear and told me there have been about 10 updates, some were for the problems we had.
It took about 10 minutes for them to install the latest softwear.
Close to 500 miles later and no more issues.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:13:13 AM »

Another sign of p-poor quality, ship the product long before it's ready and then make a ton of updates, one at a time, that may fix one issue but create another.  So many of the reported issues with the Harley infotainment system, from day one, were things that ANY actual testing would have exposed before they sold the first unit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »

even my iphone needs updated now and then....  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 12:21:56 PM »

even my iphone needs updated now and then....  :nixweiss:

Most of my stuff that requires occasional updates are subject to security updates, not general updates to fix common bugs that were known since the product was released.  To me that's a big difference.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

Another sign of p-poor quality, ship the product long before it's ready and then make a ton of updates, one at a time, that may fix one issue but create another.  So many of the reported issues with the Harley infotainment system, from day one, were things that ANY actual testing would have exposed before they sold the first unit.

Jerry

Are you suggesting that one unit on a beat-up old workbench loosely wired to a couple of 6x9s all setting next to the shop bong does not constitute appropriate testing?

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »

I'm not happy with these kinds of problems either,  but having been involved in software development and support for much of my career with the Iddy Biddy Machine Co.,  I can tell ya for a fact,  that no software gets out the door (error free) regardless of how much/how long testing is done.  And yes indeed,  a modification/fix to eliminate one problem can also sometimes create another problem that did not exist before. :oops:

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.