Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CycleShell  (Read 2154 times)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
CycleShell
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:01 AM »

Does anyone have one? Has anyone used one? Any customer service experience? I've attempted to contact them, for an upcoming move to Japan (Active Duty PCS), via their website, email, and phone vmail on multiple occasions, but they have yet to return my inquiry. I'm now running short on time to acquire adequate protection for my 2012 FLHXSE3CVO. Any experiences, advice, or recommendations are appreciated!

Thx,
Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

CycleShell
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:45:37 AM »

Does anyone have one? Has anyone used one? Any customer service experience? I've attempted to contact them, for an upcoming move to Japan (Active Duty PCS), via their website, email, and phone vmail on multiple occasions, but they have yet to return my inquiry. I'm now running short on time to acquire adequate protection for my 2012 FLHXSE3CVO. Any experiences, advice, or recommendations are appreciated!

Thx,
Doc
 :worthless:
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: CycleShell
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:07:56 AM »

I have used the Cycleshell for 6 years with my 12 Roadglide with a tourpak and when I got my 17 Streetglide last Oct. I got another and and I couldn't recommend it higher. I do use it in my garage but it still is in perfect condition. Keeps the bikes dust free and the built in structure protects the bikes from random basketballs, brooms etc. Yea, unfortunately I know that first hand..
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:13:10 AM »

See my reply to your other post
Alan

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »

Alan, how hard was it for you to get reach them for purchase? I've been trying for about a month now with no replies to my web inquiry, email, and phone calls. TIA

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »

Any vendor who makes it that hard to get your money from you or who seems so disinterested in doing so is one I'd worry about. 

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »

I hear what you're saying. However, it's the best product on the market, with a deck and that fully seals out dust or critters. I'm two months away from moving to Japan for two years and I don't expect that I'll have a garage. So I really need this. Maybe you or someone else here knows of another product that's the same quality or better. Thanks again!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »

I hear what you're saying. However, it's the best product on the market, with a deck and that fully seals out dust or critters. I'm two months away from moving to Japan for two years and I don't expect that I'll have a garage. So I really need this. Maybe you or someone else here knows of another product that's the same quality or better. Thanks again!

It "is" the best or at some time in the past it was?  They've got a minimal web presence.  They don't exist on Amazon or eBay (new or second hand).  The only reference here is years old.  And for an extended period of time you can't even get someone to answer the phone, email or call you back to take your money.  None of that bodes well.  Can't help but at least worry a little.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »

Alan, how hard was it for you to get reach them for purchase? I've been trying for about a month now with no replies to my web inquiry, email, and phone calls. TIA
Both times I bought them they answered the phone first time I called. I did end up chatting with her in Oct when I get the last one and she told me that they were having trouble keeping up with orders as she said their business was blowing up. I wonder if they got so behind that they are getting "cocky" about new orders? That would be a fatal mistake and I hope that is not what is happening as I really do love the product! My son is getting the new Fat Bob in a couple of months and I told him to get one of these, guess I should tell him to either get on it or look for another product. He will have to keep the bike outside and this is very "hearty" and will protect the bike. It is also lockable.
I hope this is just some mistake somewhere
Alan

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »

I've had a CycleShell for 7 years.  About 2 yrs ago, I needed a new cover (it's replaceable, but it turned out to be a royal PITA).  When I finally got in contact with her and paid for the new cover, she promised me it would be there in 2 weeks.

Fast-forward 6 weeks; still don't have the cover I already paid for.  Multiple attempts to get in touch with her were unanswered, and I finally left a voicemail threatening legal action.  That apparently got her attention, as she called me back and gave me the same story she gave SDCVO about them being overwhelmed, that they were waiting for a shipment of covers from overseas, and that she would get me one as soon as they came in.  About 2 weeks later, I had to get medieval on the phone and tell her to steal one from the ones they were using (to build new ones) and get it to me.  It showed up about 8 days later.

As far as ownership and use, I really liked the concept, and while it's far better than nothing, be aware that it does trap humid air inside (I used mine outside)--I had to put a small heater in to keep the condensation off the bike and to prevent mold growth.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »

I have had both Cycleshell and Bike Barn in the past 12 years. I live in upstate NY so we get plenty of winter weather. I prefer Bike Barn for durability and strength for holding up to snow. Also they have been very responsive to questions and replacements.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 08:27:57 PM »

Two major differences between the Bike Barn (BB) and the Cycle Shell (CS):

1.  The CS has its own "floor."  This is both a plus and a minus.  It adds weight and bulk; costs a lot to ship; and when folded, requires a space about 5' long x 4' wide x 6" thick for storage.  If you have to/want to put it on bare/soft ground, it's a lot better.

2.  BB has 75" height, while the tallest CS is only 67".  I found the CS to be barely tall enough for my Springer, with 12" mini-apes, when on the kickstand.  IMO, the CS isn't really large enough for a touring model.

3.  The tourer BB has 54" width, and the CS only 45".  Much more room to be inside the (closed) barn than with the CS.

3.  The CS comes fully assembled; you assemble the BB.  Not a huge task, but when you have to replace the cover, it's much easier on the BB.

4.  The BB has a better warranty, ten years to one.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 22 queries.