Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little Rock and the Ozarks....  (Read 2281 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Little Rock and the Ozarks....
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:21:30 PM »

Mike (Bubba on this forum) rode in from Russelville this morning and he and I went for a little ride today up to Pinnacle Mountain State Park before swinging by a Mexican food restaurant for lunch.

Let me begin by saying if you're from the states of the Rocky Mountains or any of the other mountains west of their....Arkansas's idea of a mountain is just about anything that raises more than a few feet in elevation.  While there was no real verticle challenges, there was a lot of curves and a lot of beauty.  :2vrolijk_21:

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/pinnaclemountain/   
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Little Rock and the Ozarks....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »

Mike took the lead and we left the RV park....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

It was in the low to mid 70s.  While I left in a jacket, I quickly shed it for riding in my t-shirt....excellent riding weather.  Beautiful lakes and woods are abundant in the Ozarks....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »

This is the Bubba fan club!   :huepfenlol2:Not sure where all these ladies were from but they asked me to take some pics of them.  So I in turn told them I was going to make them famous by putting them on CVOHarley.com  They sure had a great sense of humor...

Beautiful views where ever you look......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 10:24:57 PM »

And we rode places where I was sure we were hearing the banjo music.....

We swung by Rock City Harley Davidson, where Mike was trying to talk me in to a new CVO Ultra Classic.....

Here we have Bubba's ride....

We had a very nice ride through some beautiful countryside and I had the good fortune of meeting another really nice person from this forum.  Thanks a bunch Mike, for reaching out, for being the tour guide and for lunch.  Interesting, after you left got to talking to my neighbors...the guy with the other CVO and they have invited Babe and I for a ride down to Hot Springs tomorrow....so it'll be another day in the saddle.

West Coast GTG   

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 12:01:21 AM »

JC you will enjoy Hot Springs.  Be sure to go to the look out mountain tower and bath row. Be sure to check out the hot springs that are around the hotels. Garvan Woodland gardens is another neat place to walk around if you like nature and gardening.
And BTW western Arkansas is the place to be NOT Little Rock and we do have big mole hills here, they are called Mount Magazine is the tallest but Nebo and Petit Jean are great views too.

JC enjoyed meeting you and Babe, have fun on your stay here in Arkansas and ride safe.
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »

JC doing what JC does to get the right shot.  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »

Mike you can join us today.  We're not leaving here until about 10-10:30 a.m.  Give me a call or shoot me a text if you want to join us.

I might have to run over to Walmart to get swim trunks.....might have to take advantage of those hot springs.   :P

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »

Still in the area.  For more pics....click this link...   https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=113660.msg1446680#msg1446680   

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.