Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dark Side CVO's?  (Read 13667 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Dark Side CVO's?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »

Iski I believe you and I think along some of the same lines. Hopefully we are not the only two on this forum.  ;D

HighOnHD, although I do my best to try not to think, sometimes I still do & the next thing I know......it's not the next thing I know.  We most likely do.  Life is short, the time we waste use is valuable, it's more fun with a smile.

To tell ya the truth, I don't care if somebody runs tractor tires on a Sportster, much less run car tires on a bagger.  If it makes 'em happy & they don't run my ass over, great.

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2017, 04:24:40 PM »

I don't care if somebody runs tractor tires on a Sportster, much less run car tires on a bagger.  If it makes 'em happy & they don't run my ass over, great.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2017, 06:00:14 PM »

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »

Now that looks like something to consider when old age sets in! Probably more fun to ride than a trike anyway.  ;D

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »

How does that do in the Ride like a Pro course, and how far a part would the cones need to be  ;D
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2017, 08:25:51 PM »

How does that do in the Ride like a Pro course, and how far a part would the cones need to be  ;D

Not a problem it just mows ‘em right down,...lol!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »

As for the question I posed it was "Anybody out there riding their CVO on the Dark Side?". Why do I need to define it? If you do it then you know what it is and conversely if you don't know what it means then you most certainly don't do it.
As one engineer to another, the hole in that logic is large enough to drive your cyclotron through.  That's the problem with asking questions that are just attempts to receive validation of your own decisions:  They aren't really about getting information.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:32 PM »

For us simple Bikers

A cyclotron is a type of particle accelerator invented by Ernest O. Lawrence in 1934 in which charged particles accelerate outwards from the centre along a spiral path. The particles are held to a spiral trajectory by a static magnetic field and accelerated by a rapidly varying (radio frequency) electric field

Hope this clear this up.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »

For us simple Bikers

A cyclotron is a type of particle accelerator invented by Ernest O. Lawrence in 1934 in which charged particles accelerate outwards from the centre along a spiral path. The particles are held to a spiral trajectory by a static magnetic field and accelerated by a rapidly varying (radio frequency) electric field

Hope this clear this up.

So who makes it? Honda?  :P
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »

So who makes it? Honda?  :P

Not sure, but I  hear it can roast one hell of a pistachio nut.

:drink:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:03:06 PM by Cat Eye »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2017, 10:17:38 PM »

True, but if you do you will void your warranty.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:13 AM »

Not going to roast my chestnuts!  Not even one of them!   :o
If you want peace, prepare for war.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »

Some of the remarks remind me of what went on here a few years ago, it was a small house cleaning and we lost some members that just has enough personal attacks.  Why look for a fight?  There are not allot of members that offer so much time and advice helping a wide variety of forum members.  I for one don't want to loose their input regardless of their position on certain subjects.  I just don't see why this post had to get so personal, can't we just read what we want and ignore what we want to without a verbal go around?  I might be wrong but it would not be the first time someone waits in the back ground ready to pounce in some kind of ambush setting. 

We don't need this.     

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »

Some of the remarks remind me of what went on here a few years ago, it was a small house cleaning and we lost some members that just has enough personal attacks.  Why look for a fight?  There are not allot of members that offer so much time and advice helping a wide variety of forum members.  I for one don't want to loose their input regardless of their position on certain subjects.  I just don't see why this post had to get so personal, can't we just read what we want and ignore what we want to without a verbal go around?  I might be wrong but it would not be the first time someone waits in the back ground ready to pounce in some kind of ambush setting. 

We don't need this.   

Yep! What he said! :(
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 01:40:37 AM »

I suppose if you just ride in a straight line it probably won't hurt to run an automotive radial tire, but from an engineering standpoint it is not a wise modification.  The benefits claimed by all those Gold Wing riders about improved tire wear and fewer tire failures might be due to the comparison to the stock Honda tires, which have a significantly lower load rating compared to what will come on your new Harley.

The whole idea started way back in the 50's and 60's on "choppers", because tire companies didn't make wide tires for bikes back then.  Considering how evil the handling was on a severely raked out front end, I guess the chopper riders didn't mind that the car tires sucked for anything other than straight line low speed cruising.  Try some high speed cornering and the pucker factor increased exponentially.  Thanks, but no thanks.

fwiw car tires have been used on harleys since the 1920-'s at least.....

BTW I went darkside less than 24 hours before heading out on a 3k mile ride to idaho, wyoming, tetons, rockies, plains and back to Alabama this June.

spent the first 750 mile day making suspension adjustments at each fuel stop!

BTW I anticipated issues and added preload spacer in forks as well as thicker heavier fork oil..same day we installed the car tire..

Learned a lot, Put 7k miles on my 18 heritage 114 in less than 6 weeks.

Car tire worked great non the dragon, in the tetons or running 100mph from missouri to Idaho in 112* temps... Car tire REALLY REALLY REALLY worked well hitting gravel at 50mph in the wyoming boonies as well as massive heat rain showers SEVERAL afternoons.

Darkside is fun!!!

Jerry
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.