Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans  (Read 1513 times)

Touring83

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

Question about Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:52 AM »

I'm thinking about adding these fans to my 2014 SG. The website has some great videos and data, and it really looks like these things help the bike when at a stand-still.

I wanted to get info from the owners if possible. When cruising at highway speeds are you noticing a difference in oil temps with the fans on as opposed to off? Do these fans mainly just benefit the rider who is in a lot of stop and go traffic? I'm a high mileage rider who doesn't get caught in many situations where the bike sits running. I just want to make sure the fans are beneficial for a distance bike.

Thank you!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Question about Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 03:03:43 PM »

I had the Ward's fans on my 09. They seem to help and they operated off of a thermostat so only ran when temp was above the threshold. Hard to believe you don't get into traffic if you ride alot. The traffic situation in the US is just about everywhere anymore and looks to only get worse.
I will say that 09 SERG was actually miserable to ride, before & after removing the cat, changing the baffles, having a canned TTS then dyno tune and finally the fans. It was just HOT and not fun to ride here (Florida), I understand most of the heat we feel is from the exhaust but I almost quit riding as neither one of us enjoyed it when temp was above mid '80's, then test rode current 15 CVO RG and it is better, somewhat.

Touring83

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »

I mean I hit stop lights when passing through towns. But I rarely have occurrences where I am in extended stop and go traffic like trying to commute through a big city. I live in a smaller town.

I appreciate your feedback on the fans!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »

I also had the Ward's fans on my air-cooled bike.  I didn't notice any cooling effect on the highway.  It did help keep engine temps down when in stop n go...but the fan-assisted oil cooler provided more cooling, and didn't blow really hot air onto my already overheated right leg.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:39:02 AM »

I have had the mighty mite fans installed on my Breakout last summer. I think they will help cool the engine when you're riding, but they definitely will cool things down when you're stopped on in traffic. Best way to describe this is that my Breakout, with a SE 117 kit, decked heads, high compression, and two oil coolers still had the EITMS kick on after only a minute in heavy traffic or stopped during warm weather. So shortly after having the mighty mite fans installed, I took a long ride on a sunny 85 degree day here in South Carolina. I then parked my bike on a macadam parking lot and let it sit at idle for ten minutes with the fans running. The EITMS never kicked on. That was good enough for me. I don't know how much longer it could have gone without the EITMS, but clearly, the fans made a big difference. Oil temp averages 206 when riding after the fans were installed and was showing 220 before, on the same dipstick gauge, for what that's worth.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:43:09 AM by RoadDawg »
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Touring83

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. A 10-15 degree difference with those fans is pretty good while riding.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.