Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Royal Enfield Encroaching on HD?  (Read 1157 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Royal Enfield Encroaching on HD?
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:24:09 AM »

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Re: Royal Enfield Encroaching on HD?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:38:53 AM »

Very interesting read. The writer is spot on about getting younger people on Harley’s. If HD wants to cultivate young riders it needs to start with a dirtbike. I still think HD made a huge mistake when they killed Buell. In 2008 Buell was developing a dirt bike called the Griffin, and as is typical with Buell it had a number of innovative features including the first  ablasion cast component (rear swing arm).  It’s a damn shame, if you’re a kid on a dirtbike you’re going back to the dealer for all the parts and accessories you need, and when doing so you’re walking past all the new Harley’s. That is the way Harley would be able to influence future riders. This entire rant is  only my opinion, I could be wrong!!!
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »

Harley has a lot of problems. For my next bike I will look at others. In the past 25 years I have purchased 8 Harley's 4 CVO's.
Bill

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »

Harley has a lot of problems. For my next bike I will look at others. In the past 25 years I have purchased 8 Harley's 4 CVO's.
Not to pile on: in the last 28 years I purchased 12 new Harleys including one CVO ultra. Still like Harleys but wanted something lighter with great suspension, performance  and comfort without spending a fortune.  I bought the new 18 BMW K1600b or bagger. For the price of a Road Glide Special I received more features than found on a CVO combined with a 160hp 6cyl engine and state of the art suspension. There are down sides, BMW doesn't have Harleys dealer network and parts are expensive.

Harley is trapped by a base that demands a air cooled V-twin combined with specific styles. Makes it impossible to develop motorcycles today's youth desires.

My opinion,  I wish Harley the best.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.