Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haunted exhaust  (Read 1661 times)

LB1369

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Haunted exhaust
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »

Just installed a Rush Reaper on a ‘10 CVO Street Glide And when shifting and during decel it makes what sounds almost like a “whistle” No exhaust leaks everything is tight no popping on decel runs great it just makes this weird sound like a marmot sounding an alarm! It’s driving me nuts!!! Any ideas?

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
Re: Haunted exhaust
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »

my frank drago 2 into 1 with a fake dual did the same thing they make it for him frank said its something to do with the way the baffle works to get rid of the exuast and make more power

LB1369

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »

:nixweiss:did it ever go away? I’m hoping after it gets a little carbon in the baffle it’ll stop!! I wanted a Dragula but waited for two months, called Frank and he told me “maybe” in 4 weeks just basically got tired of waiting. The Reaper is ceramic coated inside and out same gauge steel as Dragula just not quite the warranty that you get from Drago but if the noise persists.........

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »

no it will always do that its in the design something to do with exhaust scavenging you will get use to it...or sell it lol it did not bother me....after a while lol 

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:18:21 PM »

i removed the packing from mine... it actually made it quieter and had a better decell rap when shifting. your results may differ 
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

LB1369

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »

:nixweiss:thanks I’ll pop it apart and check it out If Dragos makes the same noise there’s no sense in selling it to get a Dragula just to have the same annoying noise Does the Dragula have a 1/4” rod transversing the end of the baffle? The Rush does its kinda like the old Shovelhead drag pipe deal where you drill a 1/4” hole at the end of the drag pipes and put a 1/4” bolt in there to supposedly cause turbulence in the exhaust to get a little more torque with the straights Maybe that’s what’s causing it but if the Dragula doesn’t have the rod that shoots that idea in the foot

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 06:24:25 PM »

the drago baffle dose have the ''rod'' at the end. the only difference be tween the two pipes i found is they have a different baffle and will enter change with each other, franks baffle is longer and like two chamber, if that makes scene both sound good   
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

LB1369

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »

Yup the Reaper was the closest thing I could find to Dragos It woke the 110 up but that weird noise is IRRITATING!!!

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.