Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: my one day review of the BMW K1600B  (Read 27018 times)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
Re: my one day review of the BMW K1600B
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »

If the good Lord had seen fit to give me longer legs, I would'a had one of these (this color, too) back in 1999.  I test rode one for half a day all over East TN (FLSTFI Dave, remember when McNutt's was over on Lovell Rd. and the only BMW dealer in East TN?) and loved the ride/power/seating position but I was tip-toes when stopped and that killed it for me.

Didn't Prince ride one of those Purple Rain?

Steve@fullsac.com
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »

Didn't Prince ride one of those Purple Rain?

Steve@fullsac.com
I just (found) read on the internet that it was a Honda - You thought Prince’s Purple Rain bike was a Harley? You’re wrong!… I thought it was/might be as I remembered the fairing reminded me of those Vetter <sp> of back in the day.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »

Steve the GTL has had the removable top box.  But they're saying that the top box on the Grand America is not removable.

Alan, when you test rode the GA are you able to use the pro shift (without a clutch) with full throttle or just maintain where you're at when you shift?
I don't know if the bike I rode had it or not, if it did I didnt know so I just shifted normally. It probably had it and Im pissed I didn't try it!
Alan

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »

That’s my point guys. I don’t understand why the GTL had removable bags and trunk but the new models don’t? Seems it would have been super simple to “recreate” this on the new bikes and it would have been a nice addition.  :nixweiss:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2018, 11:19:21 PM »

Maybe the easy to remove bags and box came off when riding,malfunctioned with time or were easy to steal?  :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »

Maybe the easy to remove bags and box came off when riding,malfunctioned with time or were easy to steal?  :nixweiss:

Come on now......we are talking about German engineering here.   :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »

This is a great video that talks about the clutchless shift.   I had the same problem test riding yesterday.....kept forgetting that I didn't have to use the clutch and didn't have to roll off of the throttle.....   

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2018, 12:59:35 AM »

This is a great video that talks about the clutchless shift.   I had the same problem test riding yesterday.....kept forgetting that I didn't have to use the clutch and didn't have to roll off of the throttle.....   
so what did you think?
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »

Incredible motorcycle that runs circles around a Harley in every regard.  I could go on and on but I'd sound like a salesman.  Went for test ride Sat. here in the Black Hills.  Took Babe back yesterday so she could experience what I was talking about.  The only down side.....no rider's backrest and the position of the foot pegs.  The upside.....so many......being able to shift up under full throttle without a clutch and without having to let off the throttle, the adjustable windscreen, the smoothest suspension....I couldn't imagine a motorcycle this smooth, German engineering, handling at slow speed or high speed, horsepower, torque, no lugging....just twist the throttle without downshifting and go.  Like I said, I could go on and on....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:11:23 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2018, 09:59:38 AM »

JC

How cool was the clutchless shifting?
Corbin has an option for a backrest. Don't care for the white piping, but other than that it looks strangely familiar?

Steve@fullsac.com

PS- my 1600B will in on Thursday!   :bananarock: :orange:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:05:55 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »

It was hard to get used to. Shifting with a clutch and rolling the gas off has been a habit for decades and hard to break that habit.  I was actually laughing at myself because I kept forgetting.  Yesterday's ride I did a little better.  I think I could master it in a day or two of constant riding.   :P

Yep, saw that seat on Corbin's web site.  Julio is who you want to see if you go in on a Saturday to have it custom made. 

It seems most of the BMW riders go up to Redding, Calif. to get the Russell Day Long seat made but he's two or three months out for an appt.  That seat is but ugly but looks very comfortable for all day in the saddle....(go to page 2 of this link to see the seat for the 1600 B).....  https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/ 

Both RDL and Corbin make a taller/further back seat for tall riders.

This bike, even with the "top box", is surprisingly nimble even at slow speeds in a parking lot.....much more than HD.  Maybe because it's 100 lbs. lighter and superior suspension?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:31:51 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2018, 11:55:22 AM »

JC

How cool was the clutchless shifting?
Corbin has an option for a backrest. Don't care for the white piping, but other than that it looks strangely familiar?

Steve@fullsac.com

PS- my 1600B will in on Thursday!   :bananarock: :orange:

"Any way you want it....just the way you need it"! (just click on any area in the seat photo to built it as you like): 

http://media.corbin.com/config/bmwk16bdte/#bmwk16bdte_1.pfs?width=1300&p.tn=Black_Bomber_Jacket.png,Asphalt_Vinyl.png,Silver_CF_Vinyl.png,Black.png,Light_Silver.png&p.c=,,,,&p.on=&wildCard=none&thePrice=763.00&thePart=BMW-K16-DT-E

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.