Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jim Russsell of Russell Karting was tragically killed .  (Read 3230 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Jim Russsell of Russell Karting was tragically killed .
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:29 PM »

We wanted to pass along to everyone the news that Jim Russell, of Russell Karting in Kansas, was tragically killed Sunday in a motorcycle accident just over the Mexico border.  This was a single accident as he was traveling with a group of friends.
Russell was the king of kart racing and  always helped those less fortunate. He was a big supporter of the Victory Junction Camp in Nc for sick children ,
He put thousands of miles a year on his bike.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Jim Russsell of Russell Karting was tragically killed .
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:13:42 AM »

Sorry to hear of the loss.  He will be greatly missed.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:32:09 AM »

Sorry to hear of his tragically loss.

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »

Bummer.
Ron

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:55:59 AM »

We wanted to pass along to everyone the news that Jim Russell, of Russell Karting in Kansas, was tragically killed Sunday in a motorcycle accident just over the Mexico border.  This was a single accident as he was traveling with a group of friends.
Russell was the king of kart racing and  always helped those less fortunate. He was a big supporter of the Victory Junction Camp in Nc for sick children ,
He put thousands of miles a year on his bike.

That's sad, DavidB.  :'( I didn't have the pleasure of knowing the man, but I sure have heard a lot about him.  One thing for sure, he checked out doing something he really enjoyed.  I hope when it's my time to go, I'm doing the same.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

Our prayers for his family and friends.
WOODY

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 06:37:06 PM »

Click here:
http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=7620&sid=6b11d07afcdbb01f31e0cd0b60350e1f&PHPSESSID=f76a31b54499d36ba56b6bf9d2e4f0d9

So Sorry to hear about his Death, My Thoughts and Prayers go out to his Family.

Helen
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:39:10 PM by pumkinownerswife »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:12:43 PM »

I did not know this man, so saying anything about his loss would not have any real meaning, but for those of you who did know him, I commend you for starting this thread and saying a few words. When I joined the MMMC in Maine many years ago, every Memorial Day the entire club would ride to the different places where fallen brothers were buried. According to club tradition, those that had been closest to the brother would open a beer and upturn it on the grave. Words of remembrance would be spoken and we'd all drink a toast. This event always touched me to the core for it was the true spirit of brotherhood expressed in a way that even the most jaded could not help but feel something. I know the perception of 1% clubs is mostly negative, and probably deservedly so, but there is a lot that the world at large never sees like the MMMC's annual Memorial Day ride. I am no longer a member of the MMMC nor the IHMC I spent time with here in California. So this site is now my "club"  family for lack of a better word. If all goes according to plan, I'll be around for many many years, but if not, I guess it touches me to think that folks would say some words over my passing and I might be remembered well. It is a strange thing this cyber brotherhood we have, but nonetheless a good thing. I hope to meet more of you in person. This summer in Nelson and who knows where next. I would advise any of you who have not planned to attend one of the rallys to do so. Not so we can post a thread upon your demise, but just because you will be amazed at how well you know people you've never met. So thank you Jim Russell for giving me a moments reflection on the ideals of brotherhood.

B B

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 05:24:41 AM »

Sorry to hear of the loss

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »

To those who knew him and loved him, GOD speed..

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.