Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Why We Do This  (Read 7047 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Why We Do This
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »

Thanks Ken and Ernie. I appreciate it. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »

Howie - I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your daughters friend Drew.

Life is a journey and for some of us it is a journey that is far too short. For Drew that certainly rings true.

We all adopt an attitude to the way we live and mine (like many people who contribute to this forum) is to live for today as you never know what tomorrow might bring.

I hope your daughter will remain strong and see Drew's passing as a message to make her live her life to the full.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »

Hoist; So sorry to hear about your daughter's friend. My prayers go out to your family and Drew's family.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:53:23 AM by woody »
WOODY

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
    • Battlefield Motorcycle Club
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »

Sorry for the loss, but I agree with the fact that we all die someday, and should just simply try to help fellow brothers in need and have fun doing everything we do. Hoody

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »

Howie,

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to Drew's family and yours.

You have my most sincere condolences.

Travis

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »

Sorry to bring you all down. I need to get this off my chest. My eyes are watery as I write this. My daughter just called me. She's 24. She just found out her friend died in the shower today. No drugs or booze. Nobody knows what happened. The coroner will let the family know. His name was Drew . He was 28. Really nice fellow! What a damn shame!

So when people ask you why you ride, just remember one day we all wake up dead! You never know when or why. You could cross the street and get run over by a bus. All I know is, I've been  fortunate enough to be sucking air and walking for over 52 years now. I've been riding since I'm 14. I love it more than anything besides my family! The world's been around for 5 Billion Years, they've only been making motorcycles for over 100. They've only been really good for over 50 of those 100. I know and appreciate what the hell I'm here for! Enjoy every day of your life and live each one as if it's your last. Cause you never know when it will be!!!

Bless Drew's soul and may he rest in peace!!!

Hoist
Howie,
Sorry to hear this.  I'll keep Drew's family and your daughter in my prayers.  As I get older, I realize how much sweeter each day I live is and as you say, riding my bike always makes me thankful to be alive.  I had a heart attack at 42, quadruple bypass and all the associated medical follow-on stuff.  That kind of stull will really get your attention, but nothing grabs me more than losing young people.  Just doesn't seem right.  My kids (son - 30, daughter - 27) have both lost very close friends at very young ages.  It kills you to see their pain - but their resilient.  Thank God for that.
For Drew - Rest in peace.
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »

Nige, Woody, Mike, Travis, and Tony: I thank you all for the condolances and appreciate the kind words. My daughter and her friends are at his funeral as we speak. They are resilient, as you say Tony. They're doing OK now and are celebrating his life instead of mourning his death as I had hoped! They're a great group of kids, and I'm proud my daughter has developed into such a strong, mature young woman! Thanks again all! Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 02:41:54 PM »

Sorry for your loss....life goes by so fast....some are taken at a young age, hard to explain.  Live life to the fullest extent each day, you never know what will be around the corner.

napalm
napalm

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »

Sorry for your loss....life goes by so fast....some are taken at a young age, hard to explain.  Live life to the fullest extent each day, you never know what will be around the corner.

napalm

Thanks Napalm, I fully agree and try to instill this in my kids as well. Look forward to meeting you in York! Hoist!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »

Will say a prayer for the families.  A parent should never have to bury their child.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 03:25:49 AM »

It all been said before, and much more eloquantly than I can say, but your daughter, her friends and that family of Drew are in our prayers.  It is indeed very sad when the young give up on the future, because we all know how much there is to do, see, touch, feel, .....................  Many condolences.   :(

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »

Howie,
My deepest condolences on the loss of your daughter's good friend.  I know the pain when someone dies before their time.  My 24 year old daughter lost one of her best friends last year to a senseless accident.  You just look at that and ask why, but there's never an answer.  I am thankful every morning when I see my reflection in the mirror, knowing that I have another day to enjoy life.  It's never easy when someone dies, but when it's someone close, and so young, it's even harder to take.  Our prayers are with you and for Drew. 
Charlie

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

magoo, Candy and Red, I thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words! Hoist!

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 08:00:12 AM »

Howie,

Sorry for your and your daughter's loss. It is never easy and the thought that it will happen to all of us does not help...

My condolences.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »

Well said Howie :2vrolijk_21: Some of my best days have been behind the handle bars :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.