Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!  (Read 15742 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »

Hang around awhile, it'll get a lot more weird than this believe me. And don't be so sensitive. I was just seeing if I could pick on a newbie without gettin my hand slapped by a Mod. Nothing personal, you were the first newbie I came across yesterday. Now you're a Jr and open season, so it's not as much fun. Welcome to the site.

B B

LOL.  Politics and religion always get weird on boards - part of the turf.

Sooooo now I know the best way to get on double secret probation here. Newbies = closed season. :pepper: On another board far, far away I was usually on triple super secret probation since I was a moderator and decided to stalk myself.  Long story.  But really, I'm not sensitive.  Especially about politics and nutso politicians from any party.

Cheers!

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »

I'm not trying to start an altercation here, but were you kidding when you said this? 

T

Hey T, I was wondering the same thing. I think the lack of an answer was the answer. NPR & PBS, fair and balanced? :ROFLOL:
I know of no more liberal conduits for biased reporting.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:40:05 PM by MJZ »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »

Hey T, I was wondering the same thing. I think the lack of an answer was the answer. NPR & PBS, fair and balanced? :ROFLOL:
I know of no more liberal conduits for biased reporting.

Sorry, I gotta ask I can't help myself    And Fox News is what ?????

B B

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:39 PM »

Big B, you know the answer to that. IMO they are as far off the mark to the right as the above mentioned are to the left. I am somewhere right of Attila the Hun but even I could not say Fox is really fair and balanced, with a straight face.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »

Big B, you know the answer to that. IMO they are as far off the mark to the right as the above mentioned are to the left. I am somewhere right of Attila the Hun but even I could not say Fox is really fair and balanced, with a straight face.

Nothing wrong with where you stand dude, just so long as you know where the left, right and middle really are. Thanks for the post

B B

PS
    My company delivered a brand new Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer to the Navy recently and it showed up in San Diego last week. I went aboard yesterday. I love the smell of a brand new Weapon of Mass Destruction. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:58:09 PM by SPIDERMAN »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:22:27 PM by MJZ »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 09:38:09 AM »

I'm not trying to start an altercation here, but were you kidding when you said this? 

T

I'm not going to get in a pissing contest over any of this, but people tend to listen to what they want to hear.  My point is that generally speaking, the one hour news reporting on PBS tends to present both sides of any controversial news story, and what is even more amazing is they actually let the people say what they want to say without interuption by the host who's also not foaming at the mouth if he/she doesn't agree with their position.

And the entire Global Warming trend is not an Al Gore agenda just because he is presenting the case backed by actual science and statistics.  Are parts of the film critical of the present administration?  Yes.  Does that make it a political documentary?  No.

The fact of the matter is if you are right wing, you (you is meant in general terms and not specific to anyone here) tend to discount anything said by what you perceive to be anyone left of your position.  The same can be said of those who are left wing. 

Sociology/Psychology 101

To make a blanket statement that mainstream news organizations, in GENERAL, are "liberal" is just simply not true.  In depth statistical analysis of news reporting supports this statement, and not reactionary "feelings" just because they are saying something you don't want to hear, or does not fit with your model of how the world works.

I just think people should keep an open mind, that's all.  Tunnel vision allows no other viewpoints.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »

What do they allways tell you, don't talk about politics or religion!!! What the heck!! The way I look at it neither side is really working for us, they both have to many special interest groups paying their way! As far as the media, they are the same way too, both sides have their own garbage spewing favorites.

One thing you can't dispute, pumping millions of tons of pollutants into the air and water isn't good!! But like many other high profile political activist, they need to clean up their own back yard before the tell everyone how to live, but thats politics!

Government needs to start working for the people the supposedly reperesent! They need to break down that partisanship and work together, not be so happy when the other side does something wrong, because they both do things that are wrong, and it reflects on them all and they don't get much done the way things are going!!!!
                                                            Ok, I feel better now!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soapbox:

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 06:11:56 PM »

fortunatly for me,  I was born with arms,,  not wings.  so I guess that puts me in the middle. ;D

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »

MJZ, can't you cut Gore a little slack?  Give him some credit for inventing the internet.  I think he's already working on the next big thing - his butt.  Al's getting bigger than the World Wide Web.  He's got a face like a jack-o'-lantern.

Travelinshoes

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »

I'm not going to get in a pissing contest over any of this, but people tend to listen to what they want to hear.  My point is that generally speaking, the one hour news reporting on PBS tends to present both sides of any controversial news story, and what is even more amazing is they actually let the people say what they want to say without interuption by the host who's also not foaming at the mouth if he/she doesn't agree with their position.

And the entire Global Warming trend is not an Al Gore agenda just because he is presenting the case backed by actual science and statistics.  Are parts of the film critical of the present administration?  Yes.  Does that make it a political documentary?  No.

The fact of the matter is if you are right wing, you (you is meant in general terms and not specific to anyone here) tend to discount anything said by what you perceive to be anyone left of your position.  The same can be said of those who are left wing.

Sociology/Psychology 101

To make a blanket statement that mainstream news organizations, in GENERAL, are "liberal" is just simply not true.  In depth statistical analysis of news reporting supports this statement, and not reactionary "feelings" just because they are saying something you don't want to hear, or does not fit with your model of how the world works.

I just think people should keep an open mind, that's all.  Tunnel vision allows no other viewpoints.

I got ya on that.  I just disagree that's all.  You're entitled to your opinion.  However, PBS by their own admission is liberal and does have an agenda.  That's why their funding got cut off.  I hate to break the news, but most media is liberal...and I really don't care.  Fox does lean right....and I really don't care.  But I think I can see them for what they are.  I guess that is a blanket statement and by even the media's estimate it simply IS true.  And as far as the "global warning" stuff goes.  I remember in 1974 when the same dude said that we were entering an ice age.  And just as many scientists say that this current crowd is wrong.  I'm from Tennessee and I can tell you that Big Al is NOT the guy who the global warming crowd should use for a front.  At least not in Tennessee, cause we know about him.  When you don't even carry your home state, the rest of the country should ask themselves or a Tennessean why.  Of course, this is just my opinion for as little as it's worth.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »

FOX only looks to lean right because everyone else is so far left (IMHO). 

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »

I got ya on that.  I just disagree that's all.  You're entitled to your opinion.  However, PBS by their own admission is liberal and does have an agenda.  That's why their funding got cut off.  I hate to break the news, but most media is liberal...and I really don't care.  Fox does lean right....and I really don't care.  But I think I can see them for what they are.  I guess that is a blanket statement and by even the media's estimate it simply IS true.  And as far as the "global warning" stuff goes.  I remember in 1974 when the same dude said that we were entering an ice age.  And just as many scientists say that this current crowd is wrong.  I'm from Tennessee and I can tell you that Big Al is NOT the guy who the global warming crowd should use for a front.  At least not in Tennessee, cause we know about him.  When you don't even carry your home state, the rest of the country should ask themselves or a Tennessean why.  Of course, this is just my opinion for as little as it's worth.

Dead on nailed perfect! I'm also from Tennessee and I have known of little Al back when he was big Al's goofy pudgy wimp prep school kid. Born with a platinum spoon up his rear. His dad was a big time national political powerful force and little grew up learning from the best.
Hmmmm, want to know what I really think? ;D :soapbox:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »

Politically many people think they are "moderate."  Die hard far left wingers and far right wingers will tell you that they are middle of the roaders and wonder what the hell is wrong with you that you do not agree with them.  Nothing here aimed at any poster - just general comments on the topic at hand.

The majority - those who are in the middle politically but usually have a mix of sorts of the left/right positions re:politics - tune it out sometimes.  Media outlets abound with opinions left as well as right and people clamor how this one or that one is better than the other one when at the root, most of them are about ratings and ad revenue.  I find NPR and Fox to be good news sources for their partisan (biased) views they tend to represent.  Better to get both sides of a story than one to sort out one's own version of the truth.  Of course both have fans that say they present both sides and yadda yadda & this is no attempt to convince anyone otherwise.  We choose what we choose for reasons we choose.

As to Global Warming - I am strongly pro-Global Warming. Do everything I can to increase it.  Freezing the Earth is not anything I wish to contribute to, so I figure its better to warm the place up as much as possible.  Each tank of gas in the bike means more carbon footprint for me I suppose, so there is a certain satisfaction after a ride in that even.  I am considering working on a project to place a temp. regulating thermostat on the sun and hope soon to acquire a few spare millions of federal funding to study the idea.  No, not really.  But its not that bad an idea....hmmmmmmmm. ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:39:54 PM by iskifreely »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

There isn't a single politician on the National Stage that cannot be ripped by real truths, 1/2 truths and innuendo. George W Bush being a case in point. The proof of his total incompetence was evident in everything he had ever done until Carl Rove got involved with him. But one thing the Republican party is better at than the Democrats is getting their smear campaigns in high gear first, so the Democrats are always on the defensive. The point being, we vote for office holders for all the wrong reasons. We want them to represent our common welfare, but we also want them to be role models. You won't find more than one or two role models in all of National Politics and most of them fall short in other areas far more important to being President of the United States of America. Case in point - - - Jimmy Carter Beyond dispute, the most moral and decent human being ever to hold the office in the past 100 years or so. BUT, Carter's lack of will in dealing with Iran decisively, his disastrous econmic policies all lead to an ineffective presidency. I won't presume to tell anyone who to vote for, but I will say that if the candidate's personal life is the biggest influencer of your vote, you will at some point be as disappointed in your vote as many who supported George W. Bush must be at this point. Most importantly however, look to the type of people your candidate surrounds themself with. This president's biggest downfall has been the incompetancy of at least 2/3rds of his staff.

Just my $0.02

B B   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.