Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!  (Read 15752 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »

Politically many people think they are "moderate."  Die hard far left wingers and far right wingers will tell you that they are middle of the roaders and wonder what the hell is wrong with you that you do not agree with them.  Nothing here aimed at any poster - just general comments on the topic at hand.

The majority - those who are in the middle politically but usually have a mix of sorts of the left/right positions re:politics - tune it out sometimes.  Media outlets abound with opinions left as well as right and people clamor how this one or that one is better than the other one when at the root, most of them are about ratings and ad revenue.  I find NPR and Fox to be good news sources for their partisan (biased) views they tend to represent.  Better to get both sides of a story than one to sort out one's own version of the truth.  Of course both have fans that say they present both sides and yadda yadda & this is no attempt to convince anyone otherwise.  We choose what we choose for reasons we choose.

As to Global Warming - I am strongly pro-Global Warming. Do everything I can to increase it.  Freezing the Earth is not anything I wish to contribute to, so I figure its better to warm the place up as much as possible.  Each tank of gas in the bike means more carbon footprint for me I suppose, so there is a certain satisfaction after a ride in that even.  I am considering working on a project to place a temp. regulating thermostat on the sun and hope soon to acquire a few spare millions of federal funding to study the idea.  No, not really.  But its not that bad an idea....hmmmmmmmm. ;)

Good one iski! Gotta love it! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 01:13:01 PM »

Good one iski! Gotta love it! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist, the anti-Global Warming people are trying to freeze us to death in the dark, and make us feel guilty about it at the same time.  Reminds me of nagging nincompoops who talk about stuff but do so very little about it except complain loudly and expect others to do something but not them.

Sometimes I not only take the long way there on the bike, I ride a few extra miles and then back just to get those greenhouse gasses up in the atmosphere in greater numbers. 

Thanks - on this one I am not joking.  Being pro-Global Warming is a serious way to have a helluva lotta fun. ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »

This sort of explains Al The Bore Gore doesn't it ? http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/president-al-gore-p1.php

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »

Hoist, the anti-Global Warming people are trying to freeze us to death in the dark, and make us feel guilty about it at the same time.  Reminds me of nagging nincompoops who talk about stuff but do so very little about it except complain loudly and expect others to do something but not them.

Sometimes I not only take the long way there on the bike, I ride a few extra miles and then back just to get those greenhouse gasses up in the atmosphere in greater numbers. 

Thanks - on this one I am not joking.  Being pro-Global Warming is a serious way to have a helluva lotta fun. ;D

I agree, and add "pro-ozone hole too! It's really fun to piss off all the tree huggers too! ;D Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »

Yea, but ISKI, living in Tallahassee, I'd watch what you wish for, ice melts, you'll be under water!!! Good here in Colorado, I'll have water front property!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:22:13 PM by Talon »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »

Pro-Ozone hole!  A new idea worthy of support.

My buddies will enjoy that one.  Trre huggers.......reminds me, I need to do something with that extra trunk full of spotted owls....... ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »

Yea, but ISKI, living in Tallahassee, I'd watch what you wish for, ice melts, you'll be under water!!! Good here in Colorado, I'll have water from property!!!

Talon - I live in the northern part of the state, and figure in the southern 3/4 goes underwater, the ocean will be a shorter ride than it is now. 

Maybe you could begin growing some palm trees in Colorado?  The Rocky Mountains might become a coconut grove also.  Lots and lots of positives to consider.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: In Colorado!! Better get planting!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »

Please do not confuse a journalist's personal political leanings with what he/she reports.  I think Bill Clinton would dissagree with anyone who would say that the "press" is liberal in it's reporting of news, otherwise attempts would never have been made to impeach him for getting a BJ. (If you consider Bill Clinton to be a "liberal", would not the "liberal press" have made some attempt to downplay that story?).

The press is ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT, thank God.  Authority NEEDS to be questioned constantly.  That is one of the very foundations on which this country was founded.  It (the press) asks questions, regardless of political affiliation.  Statistical analysis of new stories, both in print and  broadcast media, simply and unequivocably support the statement that the press is NOT liberal.  Those are facts, not beliefs.  Most mainstream news organizations in this country are owned, in fact, by conservatives.  Some 55-60% of reporters, by predominant methodology of determining political/social attitudes, are on the liberal side of the fence.  Again, that does not mean their reporting is automatically liberal.  One does not, by necessity, lead to the other.  Most editorial comments in the major news publications are, in fact, conservative in their opinions.

By the way...George W. Bush is a f'ing moron...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »

Like everything else, they're in business. They sell their advertising and subscriptions. They twist things anyway they'd like just to create controversy and increase sales. Wishy-washy, out-of-context takers, sometimes outright liars. FTPress! I don't believe most of what I read or hear or take it with a grain of salt. They all have their own agendas! And it's not so we hear the truth! Most people can't handle the truth!!! It's to sell papers! ;) Hoist! 8)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »

I think Bill Clinton would dissagree with anyone who would say that the "press" is liberal in it's reporting of news, otherwise attempts would never have been made to impeach him for getting a BJ. (If you consider Bill Clinton to be a "liberal", would not the "liberal press" have made some attempt to downplay that story?).

Clinton wasn't impeached for getting a BJ.  He lied to the court.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

Clinton wasn't impeached for getting a BJ.  He lied to the court.

Point taken, but he should never have been asked the question, IMO.  The whole thing was a witch hunt.  And he was not impeached, either.

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »

Try as I might, I can't get this thread to move to the positive. The country needs real leadership. We have a Presidential election in 18 months. Please state who you support and your reasons for supporting that person WITHOUT knocking anyone else. I for one will not respond in the negative. OK, I'll start

I personally support Rudy Guiliani. Why? Because of his stewardship of the City of New York from the brink of bankruptcy. Because of his tough on crime stance. Because of his leadership during the 9/11 crisis.  And perhaps most importantly because he does not toe the party line on every issue. Govenor Swarztzenegger is proving himself to be a very capable leader for many of the same qualities. If anyone disputes these qualities as regards Rudy Guiliani, please do so without trashing the man. Like him or not, I personally believe he's earned at the least respect.

Thanks
            B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »

Try as I might, I can't get this thread to move to the positive. The country needs real leadership. We have a Presidential election in 18 months. Please state who you support and your reasons for supporting that person WITHOUT knocking anyone else. I for one will not respond in the negative. OK, I'll start

I personally support Rudy Guiliani. Why? Because of his stewardship of the City of New York from the brink of bankruptcy. Because of his tough on crime stance. Because of his leadership during the 9/11 crisis.  And perhaps most importantly because he does not toe the party line on every issue. Govenor Swarztzenegger is proving himself to be a very capable leader for many of the same qualities. If anyone disputes these qualities as regards Rudy Guiliani, please do so without trashing the man. Like him or not, I personally believe he's earned at the least respect.

Thanks
            B B

Before whipping the city into shape after it was destroyed by previous stewardships, he was instrumental in bringing the mob to its knees here too as a Federal Prosecutor! He bucked the system and changed parties when he refused to support the Governor in an election. That guy has balls and will stick to his guns. He was a NYer that only wanted what was best for the city. He'll do the same for the country. His handling of the events of 9/11 are almost unprecedented by a politician. Most would have gone running away and handled things remotely or let an Aide do it. I wasn't crazy about some of his agendas, but he was singlehandedly the best thing to happen to NYC in recent times! There's only one candidate for President as of now and that's RUDY!!! Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

Thanks
            B B

B B...I respect the man, but unfortunately it's too early for me to know his position on things important to me personally, and the direction he wants to take the country.  As a general rule, I do not support the Republican platform or their political/social agenda.  That is not meant as a negative comment, but as an idealogical one.  The field of candidates is too broad at the moment for me to make an informed comment on any of them.  I generally wait 'till they cull themselves with foot in mouth disease before I start seriously looking at who's left.  Moving up to the presidential level in political races often requires good men to compromise their integrity and questioning of the "status quo".  He (RG) will certainly be a front runner when the dust settles, IMO.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.