Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quantity of Each CVO Model??  (Read 2041 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Quantity of Each CVO Model??
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:55:30 PM »

Several times on this site the question has been asked "how many were made?".

That information is now available on the Harley Davidson website under CVO, at the link below.  Then click on whatever model year that you are curious about and it will tell you quantity, color (click whichever color you want and it will change to that color), etc.  
Go here..................

http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/CVOP/en/05_history.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

I want to thank a good friend of mine at HD for pointing this out to me and once again, helping to provide me with information for this site.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Quantity of Each CVO Model??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 08:24:47 AM »

JC you da man,  thanks thought it would take a few years to pry this info out of HD.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 08:51:36 AM »

JC these numbers seem funny when you look at them.  The 2002 red road king says they made 2,200 of them but they only actually made a few hundred  because of paint issues with the red.  Could these be preproduction numbers not what actually rolled off the assembly line??   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • &quot;AWESOME&quot;
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 09:38:01 AM »

I would think that the number reflects the total number of bikes in both colors. Example of the 2002 Roadking, there were only 400 or so in Red and the rest in Purple.... Just my understanding...... Ride Safe, Dave [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Johnnabal

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:47:01 AM »

When I was at York in 01 with my 2000 red roadglide eagle I was told they made 1550 total. 950 orange and 600 red ones. All kind of numbers out there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 12:56:14 PM »

The total numbers were kept a close secreat by HD until this year.  I was given a quit lengthy reason for that.  As I understand it now, the numbers provided are "approximate" total numbers.  How would you or I as a consumer verify it?  We don't, we just take what's given to us and "believe it or not!"  [smiley=laugh.gif]

I've been trying to work on this information every since I became a moderator here, but kept being tied off.  Now it's delivered, for what ever it's worth.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 06:57:30 PM »

well it only gives APPROXIMATE units made....not exact numbers.....those approximations have been up on the site for over a year.....I have made a few calls to HD last fall and was told to call back after Dec. 2003 that they would have the actual production numbers then.....I wasn't that interested and never called back.
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

rasmusmi

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 08:48:50 AM »

I'm interested....how many of each color combo of the 2005 SEEG's are being produced - anyone??  Thanks for any/all replies!  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 02:09:55 PM »

I think it's about the same as the 04's, about 2750.

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 03:04:58 PM »

I would think that the number reflects the total number of bikes in both colors. Example of the 2002 Roadking, there were only 400 or so in Red and the rest in Purple.... Just my understanding...... Ride Safe, Dave [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I had called the MOCO about a month ago and got the information seen in the below thread.  For what it's worth, the info was given to me 2 years after production close.  I tried the same thing in early '03 prior to production end and was told I could not get the numbers until the run was completed. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=g1;action=display;num=1094757754
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

GrayRider

• Extremely Grateful
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 04:04:25 PM »

They made 1950 of my model, and I think half of them are here within a 40 mile radius. [smiley=laugh.gif]

CVOx2

• 2002 FXDWG3 &amp; 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 02:04:48 PM »

[bgcolor=Yellow]They made 1950 of my model, and I think half of them are here within a 40 mile radius.[/bgcolor] [smiley=laugh.gif]

I have the same bike and because I had the other half of the production around me I bought a H.D. Radical numbered paint set. I have #4 of 200 black and silver battleaxe set. Although it resides on a stock fxdwg #10 of 200 is less than 10 miles from me! Oh well.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 09:56:01 PM »

Thanks for the information...I have heard <a href="http://numerous" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://numerous</a> estimates!

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.