Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tax and Audit Trifecta  (Read 3277 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Tax and Audit Trifecta
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »

Your brother the big bad moderator has cautioned me not to pick on you, so I'll try to be helpful. Don't CPA's have to be bonded and insured ? If so, you make a claim against his insurance bond or at least I thought that was the whole purpose of the " C P A " process.  :nixweiss:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:16 PM »

So now the IRS has been sending notices to the address i used with them which his office and he kept the notices so I never knew this was happening.

In Oregon it is illegal for an accountant to use their business address as the clients. That way you would have both received the IRS letters from the get go.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 11:21:02 PM »

Pick away...I deserve it! My lawyer is working on it, but...The problem is he ran my payroll through a seperate business he owned that was a payroll company. This company has since been dissolved yet the guy that worked for him and managed it is in business again under a new name in the accountants old office, which is also still open - just under a new name with the same employees except the former owner - allegedly his dad owns the new business - ironic since he owned the old one til the son took over ten years or so ago. The kicker that really stinks is I have known him for about 12 years and considered him a buddy, feel like a sucker now, oh well - live and learn.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:22:14 PM by Ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.