Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: One Of Our Members Recovering From Surgery....  (Read 9288 times)

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: One Of Our Members Recovering From Surgery....
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 01:04:01 AM »

Dave - Wishing you the best & speedy recovery!!  My wife is scheduled for heart surgery to repair a valve (not replacement) at the end of April as it is also messing with heart rhythm.  Hope to see you back on the bike soon!!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

Dave - Wishing you the best & speedy recovery!!  My wife is scheduled for heart surgery to repair a valve (not replacement) at the end of April as it is also messing with heart rhythm.  Hope to see you back on the bike soon!!

Johnny, I'll keep your wife in my prayers. I hope it all goes well.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:31 AM »

Get well soon Dave.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »

Thanks everyone. I hope to meet you all someday. :2vrolijk_21:

Johnny, our prayers will be with you and your wife.
The surgery itself wasn't too bad, The worst part of the recovery for me so far is the Catch 22 of needing to cough and do breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia yet with the wired together sternum it hurts like heck to cough.
Also not used to being the one needing help, I usually am the helper.
Ride safe everyone,
Dave

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »

Hey! Dave
Here's to wishing you a very speedy recovery ! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Don ( ISelBulls )

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »

The surgery itself wasn't too bad, The worst part of the recovery for me so far is the Catch 22 of needing to cough and do breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia yet with the wired together sternum it hurts like heck to cough.
Ride safe everyone,
Dave
Dave,
I feel your pain brother.  One of my "fondest" memories, was my first sneeze in the hospital - i was just about three nano-seconds late in getting the "buddy" pillow to my chest.  Ouch!
It'll pass soon enough - and as I've always told everyone - you'll be amazed at how much better you feel.
Hang in there,
Tony

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »

DAVE
FROM ONE DAVE TO ANOTHER I WISH YOU WELL. :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »

Get Well Dave  :apple: - See you on the Road soon -That's me next to Dood in the picture on the first post.  :) (woopie Turtles)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »

Good luck on your recovery - ride safe

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »

Dave,

I had another member put me onto this thread.  I'm glad to hear that you're through the surgery and well on the road to recovery.  I was found to have severe mitral valve prolapse a couple of months ago.  I've been through a heart echo, a TEE, and a heart cath.  I'm scheduled for surgery 04/30.  My cath had me clean as a whistle (no blockage).  I've been approved to go the robotic route, so they won't have to open up my chest.  I understand that the recovery time is reduced just because they don't have to cut through the breast bone. 

The surgeon says the I've got about a 66% to 75% chance of him being able to repair my valve, but we'll have to be prepared with a plan incase the repair doesn't work out.  I've got an appointment with my surgeon next Tuesday and want to talk with him about tissue valve (pork or beef) versus the metal valve.  They say the metal valves last forever, but I've got some concern about the blood thinners.  I've considered that 10 or 12 years from now valve replacement might be an outpatient procedure, but I'm just 49 now.  If the tissue valves just last 10 to 12 years (what I was told by doc), I'd probably need three or four and that's just to the point that I give up the Harleys for a Vette.

I'll plan to PM you.  I'd appreciate your opinions on the valve replacement.  I wish you the best on your continued recovery and hope that your back in the saddle sooner rather than later. 

Thoughts & Prayers,
PHAZE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 10:31:08 PM by PHAZE »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »

Ride safe everyone,
Dave

Been there, done that! Grab a pillow and hug it against your chest. Hope you feeling better, you should notice some improvement everyday now.
Hang in there bro, the hard part is over. :2vrolijk_21:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 09:21:17 AM »

Dave,

I had another member put me onto this thread.  I'm glad to hear that you're through the surgery and well on the road to recovery.  I was found to have severe mitral valve prolapse a couple of months ago.  I've been through a heart echo, a TEE, and a heart cath.  I'm scheduled for surgery 04/30.  My cath had me clean as a whistle (no blockage).  I've been approved to go the robotic route, so they won't have to open up my chest.  I understand that the recovery time is reduced just because they don't have to cut through the breast bone. 

The surgeon says the I've got about a 66% to 75% chance of him being able to repair my valve, but we'll have to be prepared with a plan incase the repair doesn't work out.  I've got an appointment with my surgeon next Tuesday and want to talk with him about tissue valve (pork or beef) versus the metal valve.  They say the metal valves last forever, but I've got some concern about the blood thinners.  I've considered that 10 or 12 years from now valve replacement might be an outpatient procedure, but I'm just 49 now.  If the tissue valves just last 10 to 12 years (what I was told by doc), I'd probably need three or four and that's just to the point that I give up the Harleys for a Vette.

I'll plan to PM you.  I'd appreciate your opinions on the valve replacement.  I wish you the best on your continued recovery and hope that your back in the saddle sooner rather than later. 

Thoughts & Prayers,
PHAZE

I got your PM PHAZE and will send you my info.
Thanks again everyone for your kind words, support and prayers since most of you have never met me. I appreciate the brother/sisterhood that is shown on this site.
I enjoy seeing and reading about everyone's adventures and rides since I am not ready to ride yet. Seems like many of you have been in this spot before due to illness or injury and we all can relate. It's great to find out that you can return to a normal riding life. (If it's considered normal?) :huepfenlol2:
PHAZE we will talk more on the phone, but for those of you on blood thinners due to this type of surgery and getting an artificial valve I have been signed up for a 5 year study program to evaluate the amount of blood thinners the FDA reccomends vs. experience with my particular valve and it's use in Europe and South Africa where the thinners are very seldom used long term and there was very little problem with blood clots. This study may lead to a reduction in the use of thinners over time in the U.S. :nixweiss:
You folks are right, the pain of coughing is getting a little less each day
and I am starting to regain some mobility and endurance.
Thanks again everyone,
Dave

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, support and prayers since most of you have never met me. I appreciate the brother/sisterhood that is shown on this site.

Aw, Dave, we all have met you. And we're all the better for it!

We'll try to keep you amused whilest you heal, but no hard laughing!

God bless,
:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 01:06:02 PM »

Dave,

I enjoyed talking with you.  You sound great and especially after hearing what all you've been through and that the surgery was just a couple of weeks ago.  Keep your chin up and I know you'll be back in the saddle before you know it!  We'll talk again soon.  After the 30th, we can compare scars.  I'm guessing that you'll win!

PHAZE

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 10:28:31 AM »

Well folks my wife just called to inform me that a coworker's husband was my age died suddenly in his car on the way to work.
He had what the doctors diagnosed as respiratory problems and sent him home with antibiotics. They now believe he had a heart attack.He had the shortness of breath and no prior history of heart problems.Just like me.
As much as I hate going to the doctor, I am grateful for the doctor not perscibing meds over the phone like I wanted at first. Surgery was no fun and recovery is slow at times. (Still awhile before I can drive and even longer to ride) But it beats the alternative.
I know the ladies are better at visiting the doctor usually then men but guys don't take chances with your life!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.