Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Southern Illinois Harley rider and HD dealer employee killed by drunk driver  (Read 4862 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)

A fine guy here in southern Illinois was killed by a drunk driver last weekend.  He and his wife were riding when they t-boned by a car that pulled out in front of them.  The guy in the car was drunk, high and had drugs in the car.  This guys was the general manager of Campbell's HD for 3 years. 

http://www.dailyregister.com/articles/2007/04/23/news/news2.txt
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2

Sorry to hear of another "Upstanding Biker" taken too early in life by a careless drunk in a cage.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...

Damn shame... it can happen to any of us at any time. The guy in the truck needs to suffer.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Damn how I hate to hear that. My thoughts go out to his family. This guy better be in jail a long ass time! Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King

So very sorry to hear...... such a shame.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra

Sucks.  Lots of jail time's not enough - but it's a start.

BigR55

Sorry to hear of the loss. My condolences to the family and friends.

My quarter brother (half brothers half brother) just lost his leg after the same type of accident in Tennessee right before bike week. The driver wasn't DUI but just stopped and then turned in front of him a few seconds before the crash.

Our group from Evansville was riding in southern Illinois last weekend and had a close call with a pickup passing our pack of ten bikes. Made me think that when planning a ride, the first and last bike should be on the same type of radio. The Ultras all use CB but some riders use the Chatter Box and are not in on what is happening.

:(

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser

Always sad to hear of a brother being killed, it happens way to often.  Will say a prayer for the families involved and for swift justice.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SPIDERMAN

My condolences to the family. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I'll hear about something like this and it's almost like the thing in Starwars when Obi-one staggers a bit and says there's been a terrible event in The Force. Even when you don't know the person, it's like losing one of your own.

B B

deepsoutheagle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 red seeg2

HEY GUYS, I AM NEW THIS WEB SITE BUT NOT TO BIKING. I HATE TO HEAR ABOUT ANYONE GOING DOWN AND ESPECIALLY WHEN A DRUNK DRIVER IS INVOLVED. BEING FROM WEST KY. I HAVE BEEN TO CAMPBELLS MANY TIMES. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO THE FAMILY
ride it like you stole it, then stop for beer

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member

So sorry to hear this news.  Prayers and Best Wishes to family and friends.  The Service Manager of the local HD shop was killed about a year ago.  It affected all the staff, the customers, the HOG chapter so much it was unbelievable.  I know most of us shop at the local grocery store or shopping center, but we seldom create that bond like we do with the folks at our favorite motorcycle store.  We have more than the customer store employee rapour with some, they begin to feel almost like family.  Sad times.  I sure wish folks who like to indulge would like to do so in the comforts of their own homes, and just stay there.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member

Another sad case.  What sort of time do drunk drivers get for this sort of accident in the US

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3

Quite a shame for this loss, prayers out to the families and friends.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson

Another sad case.  What sort of time do drunk drivers get for this sort of accident in the US

All too frequently not near enough.  Things are getting tougher but not near where it needs to be. >:(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

This sort of 'nonsense' is still universal.....a local biker just lost a leg due to being run over by a intoxicated driver who had numerous previous DUI's.  That sort of thing is getting harder to accept.  Speaking of which, what was the latest on the national/famous bike-builder that killed a scooter rider while intoxicated?  Did he ever go to court on this?  Just remember that drunk drivers are only one of the hazards we meet on a regular basis out there and it seems to me to be getting worse, not improving.  Hope my preception is wrong.  I'm truly sorry for the victims in this and each case.   :(       spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.