Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Southern Illinois Harley rider and HD dealer employee killed by drunk driver  (Read 4860 times)

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson

The worst of dealing with drunk drivers is that it is totally avoidable by the driver.  They just have to make a good choice, don't drink or don't drive.  I have made bad choices too, and have paid dearly.  Its the reality of it.  Thank God I didn't kill or maim anyone.  Things were different back in the 70's.  I once had a deputy follow me home after stopping me.  I was drunk and he wanted me home and off the road.  We were only a couple miles of farm road from home and it was probably easier for him than paperwork.  Now the roads are so much more crowded.

From the other side, the most horrible part is the unpredictability of it.  They pull out of side streets, run red lights, cross center and lane lines, etc, etc....without warning. 

I accept if I drive to fast I may get the wobble, if my tires are improper I may have a failure.  If I go into a corner on the wrong line or into gravel I may have trouble.  All predictable.  But to have someone just come and kill you....due to their bad choices...Hard to swallow.  Worse when they are slapped on the wrist and allowed to walk.  Its like OJ or something....

Tros

The worst of dealing with drunk drivers is that it is totally avoidable by the driver.  They just have to make a good choice, don't drink or don't drive.  I have made bad choices too, and have paid dearly.  Its the reality of it.  Thank God I didn't kill or maim anyone.  Things were different back in the 70's.  I once had a deputy follow me home after stopping me.  I was drunk and he wanted me home and off the road.  We were only a couple miles of farm road from home and it was probably easier for him than paperwork.  Now the roads are so much more crowded.

From the other side, the most horrible part is the unpredictability of it.  They pull out of side streets, run red lights, cross center and lane lines, etc, etc....without warning. 

I accept if I drive to fast I may get the wobble, if my tires are improper I may have a failure.  If I go into a corner on the wrong line or into gravel I may have trouble.  All predictable.  But to have someone just come and kill you....due to their bad choices...Hard to swallow.  Worse when they are slapped on the wrist and allowed to walk.  Its like OJ or something....

Things sure are different now, no doubt about that.  There are parts of the 70's I can't remember too. I had a Deputy do something similar for me one night.  Fortunately, I got off the stupid bus a long time ago. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.