Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Today's event  (Read 3707 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Today's event
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »

AJ,

Way to go man. I could imagine how shook up that could make you. If you ever see me in that shape, I prefer to have your g/f give me mouth to mouth. Seriously, GREAT job. You should be proud. You are a hero!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »

AJ,

I know you say you don't want the accolades and all that stuff, but my hat's off to you. Way to go. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time, and having the presence of mind to do the right thing.  :2vrolijk_21: I have never been in a situation like that before, but only hope that if it does ever happen, my actions will be as dead-on as yours. Enjoy your drink, you earned it. WAY TO GO MAN. Can't wait to meet you in September.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 09:58:35 AM by Chief »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 08:50:38 AM »

Good Job!  The man upstairs undoubtedly knew you were the right kind of person to be there.

My prayers go out to you for being an outstanding person , and to the girl to hopefully recover and get guidance to a happier life
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »

AJ, right place at the right time, great job.  Glad you had the training.

I'm involved in a charitable trust through NADA that allows me to give a Resusi-Annie to schools, firehouses, churches etc. once every three years.  My wife also has a trust with NADA, so we donate one 2 out of every three years starting this year and it never stops, goes on in perpetuity.

I don't know that people realize how important it is to know resuscitation.  We just got the employees retrained with First Aid.  Here's a quick link to workplace training info from the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/services/hss/courses/PromoSpotweb.wmv

AJ, it sure is great you were there and you know the answer to the question if you hadn't been.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »

AJ, right place at the right time, great job.  Glad you had the training.

I'm involved in a charitable trust through NADA that allows me to give a Resusi-Annie to schools, firehouses, churches etc. once every three years.  My wife also has a trust with NADA, so we donate one 2 out of every three years starting this year and it never stops, goes on in perpetuity.

I don't know that people realize how important it is to know resuscitation.  We just got the employees retrained with First Aid.  Here's a quick link to workplace training info from the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/services/hss/courses/PromoSpotweb.wmv

AJ, it sure is great you were there and you know the answer to the question if you hadn't been.
Roger,
Another great tool in addition to training your employees CPR is to have Automatic Electronic Defibrillators (AED). They are easy to apply and can give the heart the lifesaving jolt it needs to get it back working. These are totally automatic and will not shock someone unless they have a shockable rhythm. I've seen more and more private business getting these lately. The quicker CPR is started and the heart gets to working back on it's on, the better chance of survival for the patient.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »

Roger,
Another great tool in addition to training your employees CPR is to have Automatic Electronic Defibrillators (AED). They are easy to apply and can give the heart the lifesaving jolt it needs to get it back working. These are totally automatic and will not shock someone unless they have a shockable rhythm. I've seen more and more private business getting these lately. The quicker CPR is started and the heart gets to working back on it's on, the better chance of survival for the patient.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks Gary for mentioning that, we have one on order, they're a bit tough to come by or at least the customer we ordered through seems to be a bit slow, I need to follow up on that.  My employee who is sort of the lead on this figures he'll need to use it on me one day cause I'm old......never know but at any rate they are a great tool and virtually fool proof (as long as you keep me away from it). ::)  They operate on "plug and Play" sort of with the machine telling you the steps as you go.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 09:56:26 AM »

Thanks Gary for mentioning that, we have one on order, they're a bit tough to come by or at least the customer we ordered through seems to be a bit slow, I need to follow up on that.  My employee who is sort of the lead on this figures he'll need to use it on me one day cause I'm old......never know but at any rate they are a great tool and virtually fool proof (as long as you keep me away from it). ::)  They operate on "plug and Play" sort of with the machine telling you the steps as you go.
They let us FF's use them so they have to be idiot proof. ;) Seriously they are really easy to use and come w/diagrams and some talk you thru instructions. They will only shock one type of rhythm so they are for the most part safe for people to use.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »

AJ,

Dude you rock!!   :bananarock:

We never know from day to day what God has planned for us, but he obviously had big plans for you that day and he still has plans for this young lady since he sent an angel to save her.

Hopefully now that the adrenaline has worn off you can appreciate the magnitude of what you have done.  You kept a cool head a situation that would have caused panic in others.

God Bless You,
Ghost

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »

AJ GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE AND YOUR ONE OF THEM. :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:17 PM »

it does feelgood though doesn't it?

its something you won't ever forget. :biggthumpup:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.