Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody seen the yellow yet...  (Read 1578 times)

Mac_Daddy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Anybody seen the yellow yet...
« on: December 16, 2004, 12:42:16 PM »

Anybody seen the yellow FLHTCSE2 at a dealer yet, or maybe heard of date they might arrive to the dealer? I also would like to say hello to everybody I'm new here, but not new HD. I love to ride and I'll keep doing it till I can't any more.[smiley=1syellow1.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Anybody seen the yellow yet...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 12:57:51 PM »

Anybody seen the yellow FLHTCSE2 at a dealer yet, or maybe heard of date they might arrive to the dealer? I also would like to say hello to everybody I'm new here, but not new HD. I love to ride and I'll keep doing it till I can't any more.[smiley=1syellow1.gif]

First off, welcome to this site Mac Daddy! [smiley=beerchug.gif] You will find some great imfo on this site from a GREAT group of people. As for your question you might look here http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1101048444   I am waiting on mine to come in anytime from Jan-March. Hopefully closer to Jan. If you can take the time to check out this site and all the threads you will be amazed at what you find. Are you looking or waiting for a yellow SEEG? Well good luck and welcome.......JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

Mac_Daddy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 01:11:42 PM »

I ordered one in July, this first one to be placed at Las Vegas HD and Henderson HD, they said I might be the only one to get one in yellow here in LV. So it looks like I'll get one.[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 01:34:07 PM »

Congratulations Mac Daddy!!!!!! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]  Get your camera ready to post some pics. See ya....JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 02:48:36 PM »

Hey Mac Daddy!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 07:08:19 PM by pj57 »

migs

• FLTRSE3 09 - FXSTB 08 - XLCR78 - FXB 82 - XR1000
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 10:22:46 AM »

I had a long contact with a yellow one at european bike week in Faaker see this autumn... well frankly speaking I prefer the orange/black combination (ops exactly what I have in the garage), yellow is great but with gray is not the best combination
by the way.. happy xmas and a great 2005 to everyone
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 10:24:23 AM by migs »
Multiplo Migs

migs

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 10:28:01 AM »

here it is
Multiplo Migs

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 10:58:07 AM »

My only problem with the yellow and gray wasn't in its combination so much but in its proportion.  There's too much gray and not enough yellow on the front fender (at least to my humble eyes).  I thought the gray band should have been narrower or perhaps match more closely the "swoosh" on the fairing along with, perhaps, making the striping a little more pronounced around it.  The yellow is definitely the more eye grabbing of the two primary colors in the combination though.

migs

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 11:06:37 AM »

I think that also the colored-matched, inner fairing could be a problem.. after 500 miles looking at all that yellow can drive you crazy... [smiley=nervous.gif]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 11:07:06 AM by migs »
Multiplo Migs

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 01:21:27 PM »

Oh yeah, that bright yellow inner fairing is something that has been discussed hereabouts several times.  Like you I think that it might very well catch the eye and bring attention to the bike.  But I certainly don't want to be rolling east all afternoon some summer afternoon and have a bright western sun bouncing off that thing back in my face all day long.  

Someone had also mentioned some fascia pieces that HD had available that were contoured to match the inner fairing.  Perhaps something like that in different shade would help.  But then one has to start being concerned about complementary colors and all that other confusing stuff that guys aren't supposed to be deep enough to worry about.  Yet another reason I'm glad I got one of the red ones  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Mac_Daddy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 07:46:53 PM »

Hey thanks for the input guys, I'm not sure I'll like the inner fairing bright yellow, but I'm going to find out.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 07:48:26 PM by Mac_Daddy »

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.