Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing in the WSOP this year.  (Read 1695 times)

cigarmike

Playing in the WSOP this year.
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:08:38 PM »

Im taking my game to las vegas this year, I play tournament No Limit and Pot Limit Hold em. I have done quite well on-line, but I am very good in live Tournaments in the local card rooms. I have 31 years of experience in poker, nothing big, but now with the Poker Craze that has taken off, I am ready to take advantage of all the dead money...aka fish that are giving their money away. I am not however rich, so like many other players do, I am looking for investors, This insures that I get to play more events, and thus increasing my and my investors chances of winning without having to risk $20K-$30k of my own money.

An Investor is a full partner , by %, in other words, you want 10% of me, you get 10% of winnings for that tournament. I am looking for up to 50% in shares for each tourney, I have a few already, for the first 2 events I am playing. There are numerous events this year, they start tomorrow with a $5k buy in event, and ends next month with a $10k buy in aka The Main Event. Last years winner took home $15 million, with getting anywhere close to the top 100 pays quite nicely. I will be playing mostly $1500 and $2000 buy in events , I have played agaisnt many of these same guys online and do well agaisnt them. Im talking about many Pros that you see on TV. With a little luck going my way, I know that I can do this. If you are interested, PM me, and lets talk. Im not sure how many I will be playing, and will be flying back and forth depending on a few variables.

Investors will be able to keep track of the events I am in that they have a stake in on the wsop website. If I win a huge one, (and I have every intention of doing so, have OCD CVO upgrades addiction) anyone with a vested interest will have the money sent to them by Harrahs, who runs the wsop this year (Im not paying your taxes). and if I make a FT, I will want you to come to Vegas and cheer me/us from the rail and you can collect your winnings in person, I get the gold and diamond braclet .you will also get on TV when I come over and give you high fives as i bust each player and move up in the money ;D anyway, heres a chance at a big pay day from a small investment, no guarantees, but I am a good horse to bet on, and much much better odds at striking it rich than the lotto by a long shot.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:12:38 PM by Mike L »

SPIDERMAN

Re: Playing in the WSOP this year.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »

Mike,
      With what little I know about poker, I couldn't tell a filly from a gelding when it comes to handicaping a player. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best and hope some of our site members do get behind you and you all win BIG  :2vrolijk_21:

cigarmike

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »

Im flying out tonight , will be in the event #3 starting tomorrow. have already sold 50% of the buy in for the first 2 events I am playing. So I am covered for now. I will most likely be returning to play again in 2 weeks. Unless I hit it big this week, then I will be staying there thru July, or untill Laurie comes and  drags me home by the ear.

I am for sure looking for partners for the big one, aka The Main Event, $10,000 buy in, that starts on July 6th....again, I will sell shares up to 50% of the buy in for this one. I will be risking $5k . I already have 1 investor for this one, so need to find 4 more @10% or $1k each in shares. Lauries going to kill me if I lose $5k on 1 tournament, so Im using that fact as extra incentive to make sure I do well.

Wish me luck fellas....Im hoping that by the end of July, I will be able to walk into one of the greedy HD stores (BoB Drons of Oakland i.e.) and pay $5k over MSRP, and say...."I'll take 2" and it wont matter..of course, Id never do that, cause then you guys would kill me,
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:14:14 PM by Mike L »

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:33 PM »

Im flying out tonight , will be in the event #3 starting tomorrow. have already sold 50% of the buy in for the first 2 events I am playing. So I am covered for now. I will most likely be returning to play again in 2 weeks. Unless I hit it big this week, then I will be staying there thru July, or untill Laurie comes and  drags me home by the ear.

I am for sure looking for partners for the big one, aka The Main Event, $10,000 buy in, that starts on July 6th....again, I will sell shares up to 50% of the buy in for this one. I will be risking $5k . I already have 1 investor for this one, so need to find 4 more @10% or $1k each in shares. Lauries going to kill me if I lose $5k on 1 tournament, so Im using that fact as extra incentive to make sure I do well.

Wish me luck fellas....Im hoping that by the end of July, I will be able to walk into one of the greedy HD stores (BoB Drons of Oakland i.e.) and pay $5k over MSRP, and say...."I'll take 2" and it wont matter..of course, Id never do that, cause then you guys would kill me,

Good luck on your poker tournements!  :2vrolijk_21:

I play a little myself but never in a WSOP event.  What poker rooms do you play on-line?  What's your user name?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

Good Luck, Mike.  I absolutely SUCK at all card games, so I'd be in the poor house.  Hope you have fun.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 12:10:50 AM »

Mike, the reason that I don't gamble is cause I haven't won a damn thing in my life.

But you have my interest.  I think I'll keep an eye on this thread, if you'll report back........I may just be interested in something in the near future.  Let's talk a little about it the next time we hook up.

Good luck and keep us posted. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 01:55:33 AM »

GOOD LUCK MIKE :2vrolijk_21: IF YOU NEED HELP HAULING THE LOOT HOME WE CAN ALL HELP YOU OUT WITH THAT.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cigarmike

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »

Hey Guys, first couple tournaments, I played well, busted a few name pros, earned some respect, but also had a few hands that I was a huge % favorite to win, take me out of both tournaments with miracle suck outs. oh well, it happens, andits a part of tha game, But I am very happy with my play. But out of thousands of players, I outlasted 85%, I barely missed cashing both days. I have a friend who did make the FT of the very first event, he busted out in 8th place, I think he got about $50k or so, he also is staking me for the next couple events, so I am staying here till friday at least. Cant turn down free $3k and $2k entry fees, of course, he gets 50% of any winnings I might get. There are no guarnatees, and its a big field to overcome. But I can get there. \

My buddy is also friends with a couple of the pros, and also 2 of the members from a past TV show Survivor, so I got to eat dinner last night with Boston Rob and Amber, one of them won the million, Im not sure which one, Laurie is going to be really pissed that she didnt come along as she is a huge Survivor fan, to me, I could give a rats butt, lol, but they were both really nice people except when they were talking to each other.....Peace out, wish me luck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:27:32 PM by Mike L »

cigarmike

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 04:03:15 PM »

OK, having better luck in the $2k buy in. Im in the money, 125 players leftout of over 1600 entrants, first pays over half a million in this one. 124 more to go and I can get that corbin seat I want. Wish me luck today to make the final Table  :apple:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »

Go get em' Mike :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 06:59:52 PM »

Get 'em big guy! Keep us updated, maybe the NORCAL CVO bunch can help you out some.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

I Am All In For You  :coolblue:

Holdem Talk.....lol

jeffj

cigarmike

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »

I played incredibly well and even though I didnt have many chips, and didnt get that many hands, found myself with 200k in chips (above average), I outlasted all but a few of the pros at this point, with 45 players, left, then lost a few heartbreak hands to low % river cards that usually win 75% or better of the time, I got 36th place for $14,350, but trust me, I am here to win a bracelet, and I had enough chips to get there, ah, but its poker, bad beats are part of the game, Ill get one though, hoping for the main event next month that pays over $15 million for first, :-)

I played good enough that a poker training internet site, approached me about wearing a hat or shirt with their name on it, in return, I get a few free buy ins to a $5k tourney and $2k tourny, sure, Ill wear their stuff for that kind of money. :-0

Today, I played a mini non-bracelet event , and took 14th for $4K more, ....the trips now paid for, and then some hoping for some big gravy money now, Ill be back home Monday, talk to you all then.

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 02:59:24 AM »

I played incredibly well and even though I didnt have many chips, and didnt get that many hands, found myself with 200k in chips (above average), I outlasted all but a few of the pros at this point, with 45 players, left, then lost a few heartbreak hands to low % river cards that usually win 75% or better of the time, I got 36th place for $14,350, but trust me, I am here to win a bracelet, and I had enough chips to get there, ah, but its poker, bad beats are part of the game, Ill get one though, hoping for the main event next month that pays over $15 million for first, :-)

I played good enough that a poker training internet site, approached me about wearing a hat or shirt with their name on it, in return, I get a few free buy ins to a $5k tourney and $2k tourny, sure, Ill wear their stuff for that kind of money. :-0

Today, I played a mini non-bracelet event , and took 14th for $4K more, ....the trips now paid for, and then some hoping for some big gravy money now, Ill be back home Monday, talk to you all then.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

cigarmike

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »

OK, I've been back home and working since Monday, Im ready to leave my buisness, my wife and family, to move to Vegas forever ;D,..........naw, I couldnt do this fulltime, but I do wish I could of stayed the entire 6 weeks, Buisness needs some attention though, and I guess the family does too. Im planning on returning in a couple of weeks, I still will consider investors for what I am going to play, but lets do it thru PM's and then the phone, I am over $21k ahead with my one WS cash and the mini satelites that I played in, so Im ready to go back for another load.
    The Sponsor that I had (Internet poker training site) was upset that I didnt stay, and I lost that opportunity, but they did pay for my entire stay and one  $5k entry that I tanked the first day on (They called Harrahs and picked up my room from the first day I arrived) even though I didnt start wearing their stuff till 5 days into my trip. Then they moved me to a suite at the Rio, free of charge. This was really hard turning down, hopefully, I can get another one of these sponsors when I retire and start playing the circuit full time.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/players/playerprofile.asp?playerID=32074
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:19:59 PM by Mike L »

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.