Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fort Riley, KS  (Read 4725 times)

REGGAB

Re: Fort Riley, KS via Memphis, Little Rock, Joplin and Kansas City
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 10:51:05 AM »

You mean they're just rolls that they throw across the room? :nixweiss: You FD gys kill me!!! ::) Hoist! 8)

Exactly.  Yeast rolls........damn good ones too.

REGGAB

Re: Fort Riley, KS via Memphis, Little Rock, Joplin and Kansas City
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »

It'll be ok.  It would be backtracking a bit coming back to Joplin.  Not huge, but a little.  If you decide, however, that progression is the order of the day from Lamberts you'd take hwys 13 and 7 North out of Springfield as the route to Kansas City.

Roger......Got it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Fort Riley, KS
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »

Howie,
Until this morning I thought there were just two locations:  Sikeston, MO and Mobile, AL.  don tells me there is one in Springfield, MO as well, which is where the CVO Throwed Roll Extravaganza will take place.  You coming?

Henry

Sorry Henry, not this weekend. But save some of them for me to toss around in Sept! They'll be weapons by then! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

Sorry Henry, not this weekend. But save some of them for me to toss around in Sept! They'll be weapons by then! ;D Hoist! 8)

Yeah......as well as bricks with which to build a house, chock blocks to keep my truck from rolling down a hill, baseballs, bowling balls.............BTW, how's your aim?  Just wondering, so I can establish the limits of the range fan into which I dare venture.   :2vrolijk_21: ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »

OK folks, things are falling into place rather nicely.  I'll meet Terry and Suzanne in Tuscumbia, AL on Saturday, and we'll ride to Memphis.  I will spend the evening there.  Next day I'll leave at first light and head to Rogers, AR and visit with some friends there.  Hopefully I'll get to hook up with Hobo there as well, head to Joplin, pick up Don and Scooterhair and hopefully get to partake of some Throwed Rolls.  Might be a bit ambitious, but I'm game if they are.  I'll rack out Sunday evening somewhere in southern Missouri.  Monday morning, I'll probably get a late start toward Manhattan, KS, because at some point, I'm going to have to get my nose into my schoolwork............won't be ANY time for that next week at Ft. Riley.

Coming back home beginning the morning of 16 June via St. Louis, Paducah, and Nashville.  Going to try to link up with HogBreath somewhere around Sikeston, Missouri for one more Throwed Roll feast, then cross the Mississippi via the Dorena Ferry, make my way to Paducah, Nashville, and back home.  Probably can't do all that in one day, so wherever I am when the sun fades in the west is where I'll crash for the night.

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »

Met Terry and Suzanne in Tuscumbia, AL at Foster's HD this morning.  Rode to Memphis, where we met Mark, Jerry and J. Carolyn at Bumpus HD Shop of Collierville.  Cruised over to Bumpus of Memphis via some really fun side roads lead by Mark, then checked into hotel.  Went to Jerry and J. Carolyn's house, where we linked up with Mark.  Went to eat at Corky's BBQ where we met John and Debbie.  Wonderful day.  I'm tired.........very tired..........just a little wired.  I'm leaving in the morning enroute to Rogers, AR to link up with Cary, Don and others for a trip to Lambert's Cafe.  I have lots of pictures that I'll post later.  Left the camera in my tour pak.  All I can say at this point is I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends.  What a rush!  Gotta crash.  Have a great rest of the weekend.

HML

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 06:14:07 AM »

Yesterday evening I got the bike all cleaned up and shiney, and this morning it is raining.  Good thing I haven't packed away my rain gear yet.  Oh well, I'll just was hit again, and it will rain again, and I'll wash it, and so on.   :mango:

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »

Things are going very well here.  So well in fact, that I am going to finish my tasks tomorrow.  Ft. Eustis is a NOGO, so I will begin my journey home on Friday.  Don't have a route locked in yet, but I have spoken with Hobo about passing through Sprinfield, MO on my way home.  This time I'm thinking about staying off I-70 and going  to US 54 via KS 177.  I'd like to stop at Silverline Ranch and get a picture of that house of which I spoke in the ride report.  Then I'll pick up MO 13 and possibly spend the evening in Springfield.  Next day I'll head out on US 60 to MO 25, where I'll take a southern detour to Malden; head west on the J and then north on the JJ to Glennonville to visit my Mom's grave.  Then backtrack to Malden and pick up US 62 into New Madrid, where I'll pick up the WW toward Dorena.  WW becomes A and runs into MO 77 straight to the Dorena Ferry.  Then I'll pick up KY 94 and KY 125, which becomes TN 5 to Union City, TN.  Then I'll pick up TN 431 to Martin, and TN 22 to US 64.  US 64 runs to Savannah, TN where I'll pick up TN 69, which becomes AL 20, which I'll follow into Huntsville to pick up US 231/431 toward my home.

Should make for some nice riding.  Holler at me if I'm passing near you and we'll get together.

HML
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.