Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Am I Out of Line?  (Read 6671 times)

charlie

Re: Am I Out of Line?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 07:07:54 PM »

know your not out of line. i live in Atlanta and it cost me 275.00 to have a sink put in on a job, about a hour's work.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »

I've been remiss in telling the latest on this story. Since I was planning on installing a new toilet on my visit next month, Mom passed on having a plumber friend of a friend look at it. After some persuading, she caved and let the nice guy come over to look at the commode. He said he can't see any sign of a crack. Maybe the original plumber didn't do anything at all to stop the leak, all the while planning on coming back and offering to install a new toilet for $309 on top of the $341 for the first service call. That $309 was reduced by half of the $282 for the original repair. Their normal cost for a new toilet is $450 installed.

The plumber, the affordable one, told her to fill the tank back up and call him if she had any more water on the floor. While he was there, he put a new washer in the shut off valve so the water to the whole house didn't have to be turned off to service the toilet. He wouldn't let her give him anything for the washer. The original plumber wouldn't do the shut off valve repair because that would have been an additional service that he would have had to charge her for.

Well, now she's got the name and number for a good plumber that will get plenty of good press in the neighborhood.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

Glad to hear the update and know that your mom is being taken care of.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 08:00:26 AM »

Sounds like the first plumber did not know what he was doing, or KNEW what he was doing the first time and hoped to turn a $50 or so normal service charge (plus washers) into a little bonanza for his company.  Wonder if they work on a commission basis?

Thanks for the update Chief.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »

Sounds like the first plumber did not know what he was doing, or KNEW what he was doing the first time and hoped to turn a $50 or so normal service charge (plus washers) into a little bonanza for his company.  Wonder if they work on a commission basis?

Thanks for the update Chief.

Since all this has happened, we have found out that the offending company is well known for their practices. Their listing in the phonebook is now highlighted with a black highlighter.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.