Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: PCIII USB Experts !!  (Read 3873 times)

myfxdse07

PCIII USB Experts !!
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »

Hi Guys, I recently had a PCIII installed and have noticed the following changes:
1) It takes between 3-4 cranks before the bike starts (stock - 2 cranks to start)
2) On a couple of occasions I had a hesitation, a sputter, when acceleration from a stop
3) When cruising at around 1500 rpm I can feel a slight "Rolling\rocking" up and down of the engine.
4) Slight popping on de acceleration. This is more noticeable when closing the throttle after a hard acceleration.
I have attached my current map. It looks like the dealer used map m814-001 and modified it. I was looking at the map m814-007 - anyone have an opinion on this map and might it clear up some of my symptoms?
Here are my stats:
FXDSE 07
Rush 2.0 slip-ons
Screaming Eagle air filter
PCIII USB for 2007 Dyna

My Dyno numbers are 96.4 HP and 109.1 torque (RPM 5.81)
Finally, Has anyone upgraded their PCIII with the Accelerator Pump feature? If so what setting have you found works best.

Thanks

hogasm

Re: PCIII USB Experts !!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »

Hi Guys, I recently had a PCIII installed and have noticed the following changes:
1) It takes between 3-4 cranks before the bike starts (stock - 2 cranks to start)
2) On a couple of occasions I had a hesitation, a sputter, when acceleration from a stop
3) When cruising at around 1500 rpm I can feel a slight "Rolling\rocking" up and down of the engine.
4) Slight popping on de acceleration. This is more noticeable when closing the throttle after a hard acceleration.
I have attached my current map. It looks like the dealer used map m814-001 and modified it. I was looking at the map m814-007 - anyone have an opinion on this map and might it clear up some of my symptoms?
Here are my stats:
FXDSE 07
Rush 2.0 slip-ons
PCIII USB for 2007 Dyna

Finally, Has anyone upgraded their PCIII with the Accelerator Pump feature? If so what setting have you found works best.

Thanks

Do the Acclerator pump download. It made a big difference on my wifes FLHX.

Also how did you come of your map. From a dyno or generic?

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »

IMHO, sounds like you need to take your scooter back in and have it redone or better yet take it to a tuner who knows what he is doing as it sounds like someone just got it close and I wouldn't think close is good enough for you as I know it wouldn't be for me.

jeffj

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:23:48 PM »

Definitely sounds like the tuner, not the PC
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »

Here are my stats:
FXDSE 07
Rush 2.0 slip-ons
PCIII USB for 2007 Dyna

Thanks

You're just down the road from Hal's H-D in New Berlin - they are about as good as it gets for a dealership when it comes to tuning a Power Commander...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »

Since you can extract the map from your bike and save it.   I would do just that and then load the 814-007 map and give it a try.   Seems based on your setup vs. the 007 map that the only difference is the rush vs. screaming eagle slip ons.

Then if the 007 map seems to run better you will be able to then have it retuned or taken back to the place you got it.  Although I have heard before that there have been some hard start issues with the power commander taking a few extra turn overs and I have not seen anyone post any fixes or work arounds, but it won't hurt to give this a try.   The other thing you can look at doing is as a test is to advance the timing a bit on the start and add some extra fuel.   At times you can cheat like that with the SERT as well.   Just some things to try.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »

Here are my stats:
FXDSE 07
Rush 2.0 slip-ons
PCIII USB for 2007 Dyna

Thanks

myfxdse,
Well i tried a  pc myself back in may .. did the exhaust at the same time.. make a long story short.  the pc will not work on my CVO roadking  -07- had a telephone  line into the pc  to  the dynojet  folks and and did many many  dyno runs     and they did a couple others that way and   they could not figure it out. so i had um put mine back to stock and it runs much better and cooler and it runs just great . shame Harly  has domne something to the  ecm to   make the pc no good to some of us.. i have heard some bikes it works and from what i gather its the earlier ones.  i know  the dude that did mine is pretty sharp with tuning and he was not happy .  he does over 500 pc's a year for last few years and knows his way around them pretty good.. so now he has sent them  a couple of the pc's to peek at to see what is happening maybe..

Happy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »

Question for the '07 guys with PCIII issues - did you install the O2 sensor eliminators, or are you still running the H-D closed loop system?  It's not going to work properly if the O2 sensors are still active.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

Question for the '07 guys with PCIII issues - did you install the O2 sensor eliminators, or are you still running the H-D closed loop system?  It's not going to work properly if the O2 sensors are still active.

Jerry

Jerry,Yes the 02 sensors were taken care of. tried many many things.. seems the pc will not work on some of the cvo 07 bikes.. the later ones  are what  seems to be having issues..   Dyno jet was sent a pc  that had problems and no word yet..  had the  differant bikes on the duno and phone line hooked up     with  pc and  also  while running the dyno so they could see what was happening   many many hrs. of  dyno  room   and no answers so now  we wait and run it stock which actually runs  decent..  anyway thats what is up for now
                         Happy

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »

I took delivery of my SERK on 29th June - fairly late I would say.

I have installed the PC III USB and used map number m812-025 which is the one for 110" bikes (though it is listed as for the SEUC). The bike is running just fine with this map.

It also has V & H Oval slip ons and a Doherty Powerpacc with Powervents A/F.

Might be worth a try.

Nige

N.B. The 02 sensors and the intake sensor have both been eliminated. I have not eliminated the exhaust actuator sensor (European bikes only I think) but that is likely to go soon.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:03:34 PM by ahog110 SERK »
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »

Jerry

Hi Jerry - the PCIII comes with the O2 sensor eliminators so I guess that anybody installing it will definitely install them.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

cdog

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 02:44:18 AM »

I have an FXDSE with a PCIII as well.   I have a K&N filter and Rinehart Flush pipes.  So I ran the 814-003 map, 2007 for the Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust w/standard baffles, Screamin' Eagle air filter, Dynojet O2 sensor eliminators installed, Rev Xtend enabled as I figured that would be close.

To address your issues:

1) Mine takes 3-4 cranks.  I think that's OK.
2) I have had that too.  A RARE slight sputter.  Unsure why.
3) I wouldnt cruise at 1,500 rpms with these Dynas.  They shake a lot at anything under 2,500 rpms.  At least mine does.  Shakes like a bastard at low RPMs.   Just the nature of the mounts.
4) Mine too.  Minor decel popping.  Too lean maybe? 

I do think that by installing the little PCIII ends in place of the 02 sensors, the stock PCM is using the 13:1 "cold bike" air/fuel ratio, instead of the 14+:1 it will typically use when warmed it (if you have active sensors).  This is good.  Can someone confirm this?

I was thinking of changing maps to 812-025 (same as ahog110 SERK), the map is entitled 2007 Harley Davidson CVO 110" Ultra Classic Touring Model, but some of the settings in that map look too lean for the front cylinder.  I'm unsure.  814-008 for the 103" kit is very rich up top.  I'd like to try that.

I have not gone to a dyno, because I really don't need the last ounce of performance AND the local HD dealers are pissed if you don't have a SERT.  I want it to run cool and strong, but a big HP number really is not important to me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:01:18 AM by cdog »
2007 CVO Dyna FXDSE, Rinehart Exhaust, PCIII.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 07:23:31 AM »

agreed about the cranking, you may try hitting the start button as soon as you turn the switch on. some bikes like this method better than waiting on the pump cycle.

1500 rpm? you are killing your motor, anything under 2500 is lugging.

a better tune will correct the other issues.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 08:32:22 AM »

Here are my stats:
FXDSE 07
Rush 2.0 slip-ons
PCIII USB for 2007 Dyna

Thanks

no expert here but i speak from  my experance with a   pc i had installed on  my cvo roadkiing   07  .. it to put it very plain was a dud .. it was a issue with what harley has done to the ecm on the  07's at least  its happening to some of them  and its i gues is the  last ones they mnade..    for 07     anyway  the dealer  does over 500 of these thing  a year and rarely finds one tha is a dud.. they sent some into the pc folks and    they indeed did find a issue   so  they  did some firmware  changes    and sent the  pc's back to see how they workk.. well they figured it out and the  bike  can be tuned to  where it needs to be.. its  something i may  put back on my bike but i rather doubt it now,..  will prolly go to  a sert  instead..

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 11:08:58 AM »

I had a PC on my 02 Ultra and it started very very easy...usually the first time the motor turned over.  I, like others, tried different maps.  The bike performed well, but always ran too lean.  My advice, "Spend the Money for a Dyno Tune".  If you are going to shell out the bucks for the PC, you need to have a GOOD Tuner CUSTOMIZE the performance of your bike.  A GOOD Tuner will ask you questions about how you ride; whether you ride hard or just cruise - if you ride two up or solo - and maybe if you ever pull a trailer with your bike.

I was very happy with the PC on my 02 Ultra, but only after I spent the $$ to have it dyno tuned :bananarock:.  Now I have to wait & wait for Dyno Jet to catch up to the 08 bikes (considering a SERT this time maybe??).

And, just a word of advice...I also would not recommend cruising at 1500 rpm.  V-Twin motors don't like that - especially the bigger bore motors.  I never ride at less than about 2300 rpm.  Down Shift.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 21 queries.