Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dyno no's seeg  (Read 2104 times)

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

dyno no's seeg
« on: January 20, 2005, 01:52:55 AM »

just had my 04 seeg dyno'ed today  got ,105 hp .. .  114 tq .... it's got hd race tuner,  se slip on's ....stage 1 air filter ,....does that sound about right

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: dyno no's seeg
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 01:57:55 AM »

That's a little better than just about anything I've seen with comparable parts changes.  If it's right you should be very happy.  Might wonder about a bit of padding out of the dyno numbers though.  Of course the most important thing isn't what the numbers are its if you're happy with the way it feels on the road or street.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:14:31 AM »

FG, have you seen this thread? http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181

I agree with 2lane, those are a lot higher number than others have posted with similar mods.  I have the same setup and you're 15 higher on the torque than me, but mine does not have a custom map as of yet.  Does yours?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 09:10:03 AM »

just had my 04 seeg dyno'ed today
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 06:54:27 PM »

yes i have  a  04seeg,but  i never put that fat boy title in there , (although my  girl friend just got an 05 se fat boy last week)i had my bike dyno'ed before  and had 93 hp 98 tq but it popped and ran rough , and this new hd dealership  i took it to, said he  had  a custom map and gets  a 103 hp on these bikes regulerly, i'll have  to say he sounded like he new what he was talking about ,  so i give him a try,  these no's  do seem high , i haven't  rode the bike yet cause it's snowing here, i'll be happy if he just made it run smoother and not  back  fire , i'll keep ya  posted

starvin

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »

exact same setup I have and I got 90hp and 95.3 torque after it was dyno tuned. The backfiring problem I had I eliminated myself using the race tuner in the data mode. It was very easy. When they made the map they left that part alone he said that was the way he would of done it. I'm very happy with the way it runs and until I put my bike on the same dyno as someones with higher numbers I'm not going to worry about it. (actually I still would'nt care)

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 11:27:13 PM »

yea it seems some of us , can't leave things alone that run good , we have to go screw with them until ,we have to screw with 'um again to get them to run smooth..... he he he he.... if i new  what i know now i would'nt  touch mine for the  proformance, ive got $500  in tuning as of now, and half of that is to get it running right again. i did see some dyno nos in this forum that are simular to mine with the same mods. i also  think  that some of these tuners don't no  how to tune at all , they learn on our machines at our expence.......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 01:10:15 AM »

FG, I'll have to take your word for it on similar dyno reported output on bikes with similar modifications.  But I've not seen reported output that passed the sniff test with a torque number that high without having a cam change or other internal work as part of the preparation.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »

FG.....seems like the numbers are considerably out of line for the modifications made.  In my expereice, the mods that you're reporting should average a dyno run about 94 to 96 hp and 98 to 100 torque.  Agree with you 2lane....waaaaay to high on the torque without a cam change.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 03:28:23 PM »

Is it SAE corrected??  What model of dyno was used?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 09:01:58 PM »

250 - i  dyno jet .. don't know if its sae ajusted , i'll find out, iwas looking on previous forum results in the dyno section and seen some 103 hp results, with the same mods

hdservice

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 10:52:17 PM »

might wnat to look on your dyno sheet and see if it is corrected horsepower or uncorrected there is usually a 5-7 horsepower increase with uncorected numbers

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 09:22:22 PM »

i'll check that out

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 05:04:44 PM »

i checked it out,  i called the tech.  this morning, he said it was rear wheel hp 105.5  at 4500 rpm's......   114 torqe at 5500rpm's he said he never had one that high before, he still has the results,  and the bike due to snow that we had,  the bike has 7k miles on it and i had the rear tire replaced, while he was doing that he found the wheel had most of the chrome pealing off , so there replacing it also, i'll post the dyno results when i get them

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 05:21:37 PM »

It still doesn't tell us if it's "SAE corrected" horse power and torque.  It should say, somewhere on your dyno sheet, if it is corrected.  My quess is that it's not and that's why you're getting such high numbers for those mods.

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.