Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simple idea for promoting this website  (Read 1181 times)

rasmusmi

Simple idea for promoting this website
« on: January 30, 2005, 12:01:34 PM »

To the Owners and Moderators of this website....

With the 2005 riding season and all its events just around the corner, why not have some sort of detachable and printable "FLHRSEI.ORG flier" describing and promoting this CVO website and its benefits/events/etc.? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

We (the current members) could print out copies and stick them in our saddlebags to take out and put under the seat straps of CVO bikes when we see them in parking lots.

I was up at Tomahawk, WI for their Fall Rally last year and knew about the CVO gathering there through this website. However, when I asked other CVO Owners away from the gathering location about it, they knew nothing about it. A few dozen website info. fliers could have easily increased the awareness and attendance of this event.

Imagine the effect across the country.....lots of CVO bikes out there! Could help increase membership, and you guys can figure out how and where to drive the bus from there.[smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Just my thought for the day....now I'll go back into my coma....[smiley=laugh.gif]

mfgreen

Re: Simple idea for promoting this website
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 12:28:35 PM »

With the 2005 riding season and all its events just around the corner, why not have some sort of detachable and printable "FLHRSEI.ORG flier" describing and promoting this CVO website and its benefits/events/etc.? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

We (the current members) could print out copies and stick them in our saddlebags to take out and put under the seat straps of CVO bikes when we see them in parking lots.

I was up at Tomahawk, WI for their Fall Rally last year and knew about the CVO gathering there through this website. However, when I asked other CVO Owners away from the gathering location about it, they knew nothing about it. A few dozen website info. fliers could have easily increased the awareness and attendance of this event.

Imagine the effect across the country.....lots of CVO bikes out there! Could help increase membership, and you guys can figure out how and where to drive the bus from there.[smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Just my thought for the day....now I'll go back into my coma....[smiley=laugh.gif]

Try this:
http://flhrsei.org/attachments/bcard2005.png

rasmusmi

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 01:01:52 PM »

10-4....I'll print out and distribute my fair share whenever I see a CVO bike in my part of the woods. How about everyone else out there??......Ride safe and enjoy! [smiley=bigok.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »

That is great.  And for your 03Serk try this earlier version.

http://flhrsei.org/attachments/bcard.png

starvin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 04:34:32 PM »

I was up at Tomahawk, WI for their Fall Rally last year and knew about the CVO gathering there through this website.

and you didn't show up becuse ? ? ? ?[smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 04:37:55 PM by starvin »

rasmusmi

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 07:17:31 PM »

Dave.P -  [smiley=confused5.gif]
My wife and I (2003 SED and SERK2) did stop for awhile, spoke with the 3 other CVO owners there (2 SEEG and I SERG, if I recall) for awhile, then had to leave for another engagement we had that evening. Maybe a not-so-out-of-the-way-place with a paved (not gravel) parking lot, and a little advertising by way of some hand fliers to other CVO bike owners at this rally, would have helped expand the attendence at such an event and promote this website....just something to maybe consider next time around - that's all I was suggesting. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

starvin

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 08:20:55 PM »

Sorry Roadking didn't realize you were there untlil you said you and your wife on the two CVO bikes.  I remember meeting you along with Jay and Jackhd. It was the end of a very long day for us so maybe next year a earlier time would help so maybe we could all go for a ride. The first drinks on me..... [smiley=beerchug.gif] I've been born and raised in this area so I think asking for a paved parking lot might be a little much but next year will be more than happy to listen to any suggestions.
                                              Dave

rasmusmi

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:06:19 PM »

Dave - we always try to head north and ride in Wisconsin, being only 35 miles south of Lake Geneva. The roads and scenery are night and day compared to Illinois. The terrain to/from/around Tomahawk is fantastic so - the good Lord willing - we're planning on coming up for the rally and H-D Open House again this Fall, and will look forward to meeting you and a lot of Midwest CVO Owners there!
Until the...ride safe, bro'! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 19 queries.