Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Exhaust Question, what's best?  (Read 5207 times)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Exhaust Question, what's best?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »

I was very skeptical of the BR 2:1 in the looks department but was convinced to give it a try.  My bike turned heads before but now when they see it they drool too.  The sound is awesome and because of the rumble and bark I have named my bike Blue Thunder.  Here is a pic and not to refute what Red says but my dyno curve is straight and flat up to the 110 mark for TQ and 96 for HP...not the best numbers but sure straightens my arms from 1500 all the way through to 6200.  I think I could get a better tune and may try in the future, but love the pipes.

Seegarz

that didnt refute what i said at all. clarifies maybe---------, but this is what forums are all about.

BTW, great looking scooter and that tq on your lighter bike must push your eyeballs out the back of your head!!!!!! we want video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »

Lrebel,

Thanks for the advise...my Harley tuner suggested a SERT, set it up before I got the pipes. I don't know if the Power commander or the TH would improve hp/torque at this time, but it sure runs like a "raped ape" since the tune/exhaust, ect. The numbers were pretty impressive, and I have to hang on when I spin the throttle. Another plus is the engine temp is so much lower. I think I am going to "leave well enough alone" for the time being, especially since the Missus is getting fed up with my spending... >:( Anyone in the Northern Virginia area ever want to ride, drop me a line at alternguitarjam@yahoo.com. Thanks again everyone!

Mitch
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

Lrebel,

Thanks for the advise...my Harley tuner suggested a SERT, set it up before I got the pipes. I don't know if the Power commander or the TH would improve hp/torque at this time, but it sure runs like a "raped ape" since the tune/exhaust, ect. The numbers were pretty impressive, and I have to hang on when I spin the throttle. Another plus is the engine temp is so much lower. I think I am going to "leave well enough alone" for the time being, especially since the Missus is getting fed up with my spending... >:( Anyone in the Northern Virginia area ever want to ride, drop me a line at alternguitarjam@yahoo.com. Thanks again everyone!

Mitch

Mitch,

If you are going to have the bike dyno tuned, you need all the mods done before the tuner gets the bike so he can tune it based on how the bike performs with the mods (exhaust, A/C,...).
If you will take the wife shopping for clothes or something she wants, then the bike stuff comes easier.  When we go to the HD dealer my wife goes to the motor clothes section and I go to the bike accessories and parts counter.  It's a trade-off....expensive, but it works.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.