Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding RR's to 110...  (Read 1507 times)

Too many experts!

Adding RR's to 110...
« on: August 11, 2007, 07:07:39 AM »

Has anyone installed a set of roller rockers in a 110 here? Specifically the SE roller rockers....

Thanks,

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Adding RR's to 110...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:15:04 AM »

have installed roller rockers in several bikes, 110 doesnt make any difference. be prepared to do some grinding to clearance the rocker box. also, the rollers tend to transmit a little more noise.

Too many experts!

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:05:24 PM »

Thanks for the answer rednectum, but you discarded my question a bit too quickly...We realize that the rockers are universal to the evo and tc heads....and require clearance.....

The reason for the question about the 110 CVO is that they use the SE 255 and without getting too detailed in the initial question, I was leading to the use of the original equipment pushrods with the SE roller rockers - specifically. This SERK is brand new and much too soon into the warranty to use adjustable pushrods and their necessary 'give away' covers. Someone here may have already thought of this and done it  ..   if possible.

Will the roller rockers place the lifters in a 'too far out of center' position by using original solid pushrods or do we need to custom fit some...? Hoist?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »

Thanks for the answer rednectum, but you discarded my question a bit too quickly...We realize that the rockers are universal to the evo and tc heads....and require clearance.....

The reason for the question about the 110 CVO is that they use the SE 255 and without getting too detailed in the initial question, I was leading to the use of the original equipment pushrods with the SE roller rockers - specifically. This SERK is brand new and much too soon into the warranty to use adjustable pushrods and their necessary 'give away' covers. Someone here may have already thought of this and done it  ..   if possible.

Will the roller rockers place the lifters in a 'too far out of center' position by using original solid pushrods or do we need to custom fit some...? Hoist?

It was recommended that I use adjustable pushrods with the rollers. I used S&S w/their covers. I'm using a 595 cam also, not a stock 550. You need to change springs for that too.But they should be OK for a 575. If you're using rollers, you're not worried about it looking stock anymore, are you? ??? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Too many experts!

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:38:14 PM »

Well ... yes, that's the reason for the question. We're not changing the cams from the stock SE255's, not doing anything but changing the stock supports to forged and using SE roller rockers. We could 'slip' these in without any evidence if we can use the stock pushrod covers - which do not have room for adjustment of pushrods. All I want to do is replace the solid rockers with roller rockers for the longevity and the reduced effort to the valve train. Not a big deal though...solids are fine, I just happen to have a set of new SE's with forged supports....

Thanks

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »

Well ... yes, that's the reason for the question. We're not changing the cams from the stock SE255's, not doing anything but changing the stock supports to forged and using SE roller rockers. We could 'slip' these in without any evidence if we can use the stock pushrod covers - which do not have room for adjustment of pushrods. All I want to do is replace the solid rockers with roller rockers for the longevity and the reduced effort to the valve train. Not a big deal though...solids are fine, I just happen to have a set of new SE's with forged supports....

Thanks

If you're not changing cams, you can reuse your pushrods. You'll have to gak out the rocker boxes for the rollers and the springs. But as soon as you take off the rocker cover, you'll see it's not stock anymore anyway. If you're not changing the cam, which is a big help to these engines, you wouldn't need the rollers. The 255's are 550 lift. Mark my words though, you'll be doing cams! ::)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »

Be mindfull of the fact that Rednectum is an expert builder of engines, and a equally good tuner.  I just happen to know this... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Too many experts!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:34:21 PM »

Yes, he :coolblue: is and I'm so very impressed :huepfenjump3:  but he just didn't answer my question :oops:

But that's OK. Everything will be alright.... :carrot:

I'm mindful  :confused5: that the internet is slam full of expert engine builders/tuners  ::)- hell, that's why I asked the question over here. And he jumped to answer - that was a grand gesture and I must thank him profusely and sincerely. :2vrolijk_21:

It's playtime.... :bananarock:

Too many experts!

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »

If you're not changing cams, you can reuse your pushrods. You'll have to gak out the rocker boxes for the rollers and the springs. But as soon as you take off the rocker cover, you'll see it's not stock anymore anyway. If you're not changing the cam, which is a big help to these engines, you wouldn't need the rollers. The 255's are 550 lift. Mark my words though, you'll be doing cams!

Hoist! Cool

But I'm not removing the springs, they're still sitting in the same pockets that they were before I removed the covers to remove the rockers and supports.

Thanks for the help,

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

If you're not changing cams, you can reuse your pushrods. You'll have to gak out the rocker boxes for the rollers and the springs. But as soon as you take off the rocker cover, you'll see it's not stock anymore anyway. If you're not changing the cam, which is a big help to these engines, you wouldn't need the rollers. The 255's are 550 lift. Mark my words though, you'll be doing cams!

Hoist! Cool

But I'm not removing the springs, they're still sitting in the same pockets that they were before I removed the covers to remove the rockers and supports.

Thanks for the help,

Yep, and they probably hit now. ;) Hoist! 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 09:35:14 PM »

I thought he awnsered what you posted??   :-\

Posted on: Today at 07:07:39 AMPosted by: ThatsmyRK 
Insert Quote
Has anyone installed a set of roller rockers in a 110 here? Specifically the SE roller rockers....

have installed roller rockers in several bikes, 110 doesn't make any difference. be prepared to do some grinding to clearance the rocker box. also, the rollers tend to transmit a little more noise.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »

let me take another stab at this. you can in fact run adjustable pushrods with stock tubes/covers. you can run roller rockers with stock tubes/covers.

question: why would you want to run stock pushrods/covers on chitty cams, stock head gaskets, stock heads?

keep this in mind--------------------i am here to help, but i dont take bs.

Too many experts!

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 12:39:44 AM »

BS!  Now you slam the bike! I just asked a question, didn't want a pissing contest. Basically it was a yes or no. The object was lost. Now discuss this among yourselves....All I see here are slams and experts. rednectum, you're here to be a big shot, just like the other forums you inhabit. I would like to know how you do all this expert work on all these bikes when you are sitting in front of a computer slamming bikes and giving jackass answers. You didn't read the question, all you wanted to do was claim some fame and smash another discussion with your arrogant manners. You don't belong here, you don't own a CVO anyhow - you're here to help !!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 12:53:21 AM by ThatsmyRK »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »

This thread has been locked.

Too many experts! we simply do not tolerate the public name-calling and flaming of other members.  If that is the sort of posting you intend to do, then perhaps another site that permits that sort of response is better for you.  Since you are new here and may have questions about our site policies, please refer to the "Rules of Posting" thread in the FAQ section: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2539.0

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.