Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S&S Autotuning Fuel Injection  (Read 2487 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
S&S Autotuning Fuel Injection
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:15:50 PM »

We hear about the TMAT and the DTT AT ECM's all the time. Are you aware S&S has their own system too? They make a dual throat throttle body in dual 50 mm and dual 53 mm sizes. And Joe tells me their Autotuning ECM works phenomenally! I'll be riding my bike the way it is now until after HS. In Nov. I'm bringing the bike back up so he can play with the S&S System on my bike. We're trying to determine if the dual bore TB will do better than the 62 mm single bore HPI I'm running now. And I'm curious to see how their FI system/ECM works as well. I was wondering if anyone has tried, checked into, or tested the S&S dual TB or their ECM yet? I'll try to dig up some info on it. As you know, S&S site isn't the best in the world! ::) But they're products are excellent. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: S&S Autotuning Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »

We hear about the TMAT and the DTT AT ECM's all the time. Are you aware S&S has their own system too? They make a dual throat throttle body in dual 50 mm and dual 53 mm sizes. And Joe tells me their Autotuning ECM works phenomenally! I'll be riding my bike the way it is now until after HS. In Nov. I'm bringing the bike back up so he can play with the S&S System on my bike. We're trying to determine if the dual bore TB will do better than the 62 mm single bore HPI I'm running now. And I'm curious to see how their FI system/ECM works as well. I was wondering if anyone has tried, checked into, or tested the S&S dual TB or their ECM yet? I'll try to dig up some info on it. As you know, S&S site isn't the best in the world! ::) But they're products are excellent. ;)

Hoist! 8)

No, but I did hear that Tehran is marketing a small light water reactor that fits the Twin Cam platform. Its supposed to produce 3 megawatts with only minimal thermal output.  ;D

:indian_chief:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »

No, but I did hear that Tehran is marketing a small light water reactor that fits the Twin Cam platform. Its supposed to produce 3 megawatts with only minimal thermal output.  ;D

:indian_chief:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »

Info results in files too large to attach, so follow these links instead.

Catalog:  Go to page 29 for VFI system.
http://www.sscycle.com/catalog17/pdf/TwinCam.pdf

Manual for software, ProTune II:
http://www.sscycle.com/iframes/efi.php

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rhino

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »

So did S&S get licensing from Zippers/Thunderheart on the patents, or did they make their own? If so, where can one see info on autotune systems on the marketplace other than Zippers, for S&S or DTT for that matter. I did not know any other autotune systems were for sale.

Rhino

edited:
Are you aware S&S has their own system too?  And Joe tells me their Autotuning ECM works phenomenally!
Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:32 PM »

So did S&S get licensing from Zippers/Thunderheart on the patents, or did they make their own? If so, where can one see info on autotune systems on the marketplace other than Zippers, for S&S or DTT for that matter. I did not know any other autotune systems were for sale.

Rhino

Ronnie, for the inside scoop on what Zippers might or might not have licensed or otherwise done we'd all of course be going to you.  Cite for the S&S module was in an above post though.

It's been out awhile.  Though their site doesn't specifically say so it's probably a second generation follow on to their prior IST system.  Here is the page cited above for some at least general information.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09:44 AM »

-----------------------where can one see info on autotune systems on the marketplace other than Zippers, for S&S or DTT for that matter. I did not know any other autotune systems were for sale.

Rhino

Rhino,

I posted the link for S&S previously in this thread, here is the one for the Daytona Twin Tec TCFI II.  The first generation DTT actually came out before the TM, never has been widely advertised like the TM.  
http://www.daytona-twintec.com/TCFI.html  

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:17:41 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.