Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Considering Rinehart True Duals Need Imput  (Read 12790 times)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
Considering Rinehart True Duals Need Imput
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »

Thinking about putting Rinehart True Duals on the banana bike.
Are they to loud to hear your radio at interstate speeds?
What about horsepower gains?

Thanks for your help.

Banana man :bananarock: :confused5:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Considering Rinehart True Duals Need Imput
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:47:44 PM »

Thinking about putting Rinehart True Duals on the banana bike.
Are they to loud to hear your radio at interstate speeds?
What about horsepower gains?

Thanks for your help.

Banana man :bananarock: :confused5:

Banana man,

Lots here love them, me included. They definitely have a growl to them, but at highway speeds, the wind in my ears drowns out the tunes more than the pipes.

It's such a subjective matter, what works for me may not be right for you. Can you find a bike local to ride and try? That would be the best way.

Heck, I just saw you're in Russelville, AR. A whole gaggle of us are going to be there on Friday. We should be able to hook you up.

Good luck,

:indian_chief:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:49:20 PM by Chief »

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »

I have been researching pipes for months and have read thousands of threads, spoke to tons of people, and have seen dozens of bikes with Rinehart TD's.  I love the sound of Rineharts because they have more of the true deep Harley rumble.  In fact out of all the pipes out there, I had my choices narrowed to V&H or Rineharts.

Most people with Rinehart's complain how loud they are at cruising speeds, which is a turn off for me.  Also, I think the biggest complaints leading me away from Rineharts is fitment and QC issues; such as, headers cracking, fitment issue around the brake lever and timing cover and of course the color changing end caps.

I have read a plethora of threads about people complaining about their Rineharts due to several factors, but they all love the sound.

When my turns comes around to replace the pipes on my SERK, I am planning V&H true duals with oval slip-ons.  Everything I have read, and everyone I have spoke to absolutley loves them.  They states the Vance and Hines are top quality pipes, i.e. fit, finish, perfomance and sound.

If I put a set of pipes on the bike, I only want to do it once and not have to swap out an exhaust system or part due to multiple warranty / quality control issues (Rinehart's)...

Looks like I'm going V&H for mine.  Just my input, your mileage may vary ;)  Do your homework....
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »

I have been researching pipes for months and have read thousands of threads, spoke to tons of people, and have seen dozens of bikes with Rinehart TD's.  I love the sound of Rineharts because they have more of the true deep Harley rumble.  In fact out of all the pipes out there, I had my choices narrowed to V&H or Rineharts.

Most people with Rinehart's complain how loud they are at cruising speeds, which is a turn off for me.  Also, I think the biggest complaints leading me away from Rineharts is fitment and QC issues; such as, headers cracking, fitment issue around the brake lever and timing cover and of course the color changing end caps.

I have read a plethora of threads about people complaining about their Rineharts due to several factors, but they all love the sound.

When my turns comes around to replace the pipes on my SERK, I am planning V&H true duals with oval slip-ons.  Everything I have read, and everyone I have spoke to absolutley loves them.  They states the Vance and Hines are top quality pipes, i.e. fit, finish, perfomance and sound.

If I put a set of pipes on the bike, I only want to do it once and not have to swap out an exhaust system or part due to multiple warranty / quality control issues (Rinehart's)...

Looks like I'm going V&H for mine.  Just my input, your mileage may vary ;)  Do your homework....

Just so you know, my original replacement pipes were V&H headpipes. The fit sucked. It destroyed my brake pedal due to lack of clearance, and the O2 sensor bungs are in a bad location and come way too close to the trans. Never tried the RH and don't intend to. 2>1 is the only way to go!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »

I have RH's on my 06 SEUC...installed myself in November of 06.  If I'm not mistaken, the "cracking" problems you refer to were with the old style rear header pipe support.  They used to be a welded on part, but are not any longer.  I have not heard of any of the new style having issues in that regard.  Of those I know who've had the problem with the rear header, RH replaced them without hassle with the new type header/support.  Mine had no fitment problems at all.  The end on one muffler turned purple....called RH and they sent me two new ones with no questions asked.  Some of the 07's have had problems with the brake pedal clearance issue, others have not.  Using their gaskets is important, IMO.  V&H's also had problems in that area as well.  I have no issue with the noise level at cruise, but I wear a full face helmet 98% of the time.  If one wears a half helmet, the wind noise will get to you as much as any pipe noise, IMO.

V&H pipes and mufflers are excellent products as well, but not without their share of problems.  From a couple of things I read, after the one year warranty is up, they are yours, regardless of what happens.  The quality is excellent, so the likelyhood of that is slim.  They do sound good, and if that sound is preferred, and the looks are what you want, that's a good reason to go with them.   But, I don't think they are "better" quality wise.

JMHO
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

I had RH installed , 10 days into the front header bracket broke, noticed while doing the head gaskets, rear cyl end cap turned purple, glad to hear RH replaced yours without question, will be calling them tomorrow.
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

On the RH I also had to grind a small area for the brake pedal on the heat shield, dealer wanted me to buy extended pedal for 198$ I said lets just try it first.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »

On the RH I also had to grind a small area for the brake pedal on the heat shield, dealer wanted me to buy extended pedal for 198$ I said lets just try it first.

That's the fix most have done on all headers with this problem.  From what I've seen, very little has to be removed, and it's not noticeable...probably is to you though... ;)

TTS Mastertune

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »

The area was so small , and you really have to look,  I am glad I stuck to my guns and did not go with the brake pedal, Tho the orig would look good on my RK.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »

I've had Rineharts on since '04 w/o any problems. I still have the original style bracket for the rear cylinder. I believe at one time it was said that a lot of the problems w/the rear pipe bracket was in installation. The pipe/bracket would move, but they were secured to a non moving part. What was happening was the bracket was being secured to tightly and causing stress where the bracket was welded to the pipe. Mine is snug, but does allow movement where it bracket connects, and I think that's why I've been lucky enough to not have the problem many have had. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

dOOd
have you had the problem with the caps turning color???
I heard of one person say, one cap  had turned orange, I was sorta of hoping for that then I can switch them and have the other one turn orange :P

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 11:11:17 AM »

dOOd
have you had the problem with the caps turning color???
I heard of one person say, one cap  had turned orange, I was sorta of hoping for that then I can switch them and have the other one turn orange :P
I do have one that is turning purple (I believe it's the right side), but it hasn't got to the point it bothers me yet. Orange caps would be nice :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 11:26:14 AM »

I like my RHs.  I had them on my 03 RK and now I have them on my 07 SERK.  I like the sound.  You hear them when you get on the gas and they mellow out at cruising speed.  I am running with standard baffles.  No fitment problems with either set and the end caps are black as the day they were installed.  My borther has V&H on his 05 RK and wishes he would have gone with the RHs.  Just my $0.02.

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Gray
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

I do have one that is turning purple (I believe it's the right side), but it hasn't got to the point it bothers me yet. Orange caps would be nice :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d with your OCD I'm surprised u haven't went chrome.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
   joez28ss
LIFE SHOULD BE LIVED SO THAT WHEN WE DIE WE WILL BE MISSED.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »

d00d with your OCD I'm surprised u haven't went chrome.

joez28ss
I actually like the black on the end of the pipes w/all the rest of the pipe being chrome to me it's a nice contrast.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Gray
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 11:52:55 AM »

I actually like the black on the end of the pipes w/all the rest of the pipe being chrome to me it's a nice contrast.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I kept the black end caps on my R/K had to replace twice.

joez28ss
LIFE SHOULD BE LIVED SO THAT WHEN WE DIE WE WILL BE MISSED.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 12:04:51 PM »

I kept the black end caps on my R/K had to replace twice.

joez28ss
It was my understanding that if the bike is tuned correctly that the caps will change color due to heat of the exhaust. If you run hard and the bike's a/f is optimal the anodized caps will change to purple first, hopefully even on both sides if tuned correctly. My pipes are now starting to get a silver tint on the seeg. I have had a problem with the caps on my sefb as the caps are uneven telling me the front cylinder is leaner than the rear.

Please correct me if I’m wrong………Roy

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »

I guess I will be calling RH tomorrow, one turned purple and I don,t like it.
I was considering the chrome caps, or the really cool looking ones someone had posted in here somewhere, but I have to agree with dOOd I like how the black sets it off.
 :bananarock:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

Gav...I think you are talking about the Eastern Performance gooved billet end caps.  They come in both chrome and black POWDER COATED, so I think the powder wouldn't change colors.  Only my right one turned purpleish (front cylinder), and as I said, they replaced both.  The replacements were made a bit differently on the inner edge, so maybe they have done something to make them stay black.  It only takes about 15 minutes to change them out, so if they keep replacing them under warranty, who cares?   :)

TTS Mastertune

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

Gav...I think you are talking about the Eastern Performance gooved billet end caps.  They come in both chrome and black POWDER COATED, so I think the powder wouldn't change colors.  Only my right one turned purpleish (front cylinder), and as I said, they replaced both.  The replacements were made a bit differently on the inner edge, so maybe they have done something to make them stay black.  It only takes about 15 minutes to change them out, so if they keep replacing them under warranty, who cares?

My rear cyl  side turned purple, (ouch sounds nasty ;D ;D ;D)
yes will keep replacing

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »

Will you guys save the ones that turn purple for me?  That's 'color-coordinated' for us '04 Huckleberry SEEGs.  :huepfenlol2:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »

I was giong to hang them from the Chmass tree with all the other stock parts I have filling up my basement, but when I get two to turn purp I will give them to you Spyder
GAV

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »

I was giong to hang them from the Chmass tree with all the other stock parts I have filling up my basement, but when I get two to turn purp I will give them to you Spyder
GAV
yeeeee ha!  already building up my inventory of color-coordinated spare RH tips!   :huepfenlol2: thanks.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 07:48:19 PM »

Will you guys save the ones that turn purple for me?  That's 'color-coordinated' for us '04 Huckleberry SEEGs.  :huepfenlol2:  har!  spyder

Two more here you can have if you want 'em.  These will have actually come off of a '04 Huckleberry, so the chameleon effect will be even more accurate. :-\

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 08:18:11 PM »

Two more here you can have if you want 'em.  These will have actually come off of a '04 Huckleberry, so the chameleon effect will be even more accurate. :-\

What?  you don't think the purple effect goes well on the Huckleberrys?  I've had total strangers come up to me in parking lots and ask how I managed to get my exhaust to match my bike color.  Hang on to 'um 'cause you can't buy 'um that color.  thanks Brian. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Wow, no I am really on the fence for the whole V&H versus Rineharts, expecially if RH has truely redesigned their products and there are not anymore cracking headers, etc...  I don't care about the endcaps as I would install the chrome ones (OCD)...  Not sure which way to go... HELP!
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »

Another vote for Rineharts, here.  They just look right to my eye and sound right to my ear.  I suggest you don't jump the gun, though.  Take some time to see and hear the two setups on other 110 bikes to see what you like the best and then go for it!

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 11:43:25 PM »

I also have to say the RH are the best, they sound great all the way thru, give it a shot and you will know what you have, tuners love them , they can get great performance from them, if they turn purple Spyder will take them, if they turn orange I will :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »

I also have to say the RH are the best, they sound great all the way thru, give it a shot and you will know what you have, tuners love them , they can get great performance from them, if they turn purple Spyder will take them, if they turn orange I will :huepfenlol2:
Can we share those? ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 07:27:55 AM »

You mean like this???
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »

You mean like this???
Yea, something like that. Come on don't hold back let us know the secret. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 07:43:36 AM »

I got them done locally...similar to powder coating, but better.  Sprays on wet, then baked to cure it, finish was developed for coating gun parts and is as tough as nails.  Here's another one I had done all one color...titanium.  I've been thinking about offering up to forum members to have their's coated.  Cost is $80.00 per set shot all one color, add $20.00 for the Rinehart script to be different color, add $10.00 if you want them clear coated.  Turn around time is about one week.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 09:06:07 AM »

Here's a dyno comparison, from the Latus site. Depends what your looking for, where you want your gains, some people get the RH, just to get the true duel look.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:03 PM »

I'm on my second bike with V&H.  No complaints.  They look good and sounds great.

I have a friend that has RH on his 04 Ultra.  Too loud for me with the stock baffles (don't know about any quieter baffles).

I bought the V&H because I didn't really like the end caps on the RH and was a little afraid of the cracking problems I heard about.

V&H gives you several options:  V&H headers and then you do your own thing with the mufflers and end caps
Or, you can go with the V&H Big Shot Duals (one solid piece heat shield all the way back - looks awesome).  Different baffle options and a few different end cap options.

Just depends on what you like.  I don't think you will be disappointed in either.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »

I'm on my second bike with V&H.  No complaints.  They look good and sounds great.

I have a friend that has RH on his 04 Ultra.  Too loud for me with the stock baffles (don't know about any quieter baffles).

I bought the V&H because I didn't really like the end caps on the RH and was a little afraid of the cracking problems I heard about.

V&H gives you several options:  V&H headers and then you do your own thing with the mufflers and end caps
Or, you can go with the V&H Big Shot Duals (one solid piece heat shield all the way back - looks awesome).  Different baffle options and a few different end cap options.

Just depends on what you like.  I don't think you will be disappointed in either.

LRebel, which mufflers do you have? I'm about to buy the Classic rounds, looking for the best price.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

LRebel, which mufflers do you have? I'm about to buy the Classic rounds, looking for the best price.

I currently have the V&H Big Shot Duals >> no mufflers needed
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17917
The link shows the pipes with the optional fishtail end caps.  They come with regular straight-cup billet end caps.  I have the fishtails ordered.
I have already changed the baffles >> the original baffles were a bit too loud for me.  I switched to the quiet baffles.  They still sound off really good.  I have read that the quiet baffles increase the torque.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

I got them done locally...similar to powder coating, but better.  Sprays on wet, then baked to cure it, finish was developed for coating gun parts and is as tough as nails.  Here's another one I had done all one color...titanium.  I've been thinking about offering up to forum members to have their's coated.  Cost is $80.00 per set shot all one color, add $20.00 for the Rinehart script to be different color, add $10.00 if you want them clear coated.  Turn around time is about one week.
Those are nice. :2vrolijk_21: Would they have a shade of orange to match my :pumpkin:? That would look good w/that color orange and "Rinehart" in black. :orange: :carrot:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 07:34:01 PM »

Those are nice. :2vrolijk_21: Would they have a shade of orange to match my :pumpkin:? That would look good w/that color orange and "Rinehart" in black. :orange: :carrot:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

They can match most any color, if they have something to use as an example.  I'll say this though...IMO they look best when the tips are the secondary color of your bike, and the script is the primary color.  For instance, if your bike is predominately orange with gloss black accents, the tips look best if they are done in gloss black and the script is orange.  Also, if the script is off a shade or two it doesn't matter recessed down in there like it is, but if the tips themselves are off it looks funky...just something to consider.  Look closely at mine...the tips are orange to pick up the orange color in the flames, and the script is gold to pick up the base color of the bike.  Not the exact same shade of gold, but looks damn good.  The quality of the finish on these is outstanding too.
   H-D Race Tuner
   RedShift 647 Cams

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »

They can match most any color, if they have something to use as an example.  I'll say this though...IMO they look best when the tips are the secondary color of your bike, and the script is the primary color.  For instance, if your bike is predominately orange with gloss black accents, the tips look best if they are done in gloss black and the script is orange.  Also, if the script is off a shade or two it doesn't matter recessed down in there like it is, but if the tips themselves are off it looks funky...just something to consider.  Look closely at mine...the tips are orange to pick up the orange color in the flames, and the script is gold to pick up the base color of the bike.  Not the exact same shade of gold, but looks damn good.  The quality of the finish on these is outstanding too.
Ok, thanks. I'll take that under consideration. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 01:36:52 PM »

Does anyone have the phone # for RH
I will be getting new caps saving the purple ones for spyder :huepfenlol2:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

530-477-7490 www.bub.com

Toll free Warranty Line: 877-282-7473
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:43:37 PM by Chief »

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 02:11:11 PM »

thank you CHIEF, just got off the phone with them. :beerchug:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »

thank you CHIEF, just got off the phone with them. :beerchug:

My pleasure. I'm interested in what they had to say as I have been told they have recently changed their warranty coverage on the end caps. I heard 90 days. Can you confirm or deny?

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »

He stated one year to me.

Gav

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »

You mean like this???

EXACTALY, beautiful

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

I've got the V&H true duals and oval slip on mufflers.  Love 'em!!  Love the sound and the performance.  They are not as loud as RH's with the standard baffle.  (I got a chance to hear both the RH's and the V&H side by side at my dealer before I decided.)  I can run them pretty quietly at 5am leaving the neighborhood to go to work, or really make them bark if I want to.  Fit and finish was/is excellent, no problems with clearance on the brake pedal and would buy them again. No complaints what-so-ever.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:   

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2007, 10:21:12 AM »

I currently have the V&H Big Shot Duals >> no mufflers needed
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17917
The link shows the pipes with the optional fishtail end caps.  They come with regular straight-cup billet end caps.  I have the fishtails ordered.
I have already changed the baffles >> the original baffles were a bit too loud for me.  I switched to the quiet baffles.  They still sound off really good.  I have read that the quiet baffles increase the torque.

LRebel, I looked at three sites, all about the same price, I decided to go with Phat Performance, thanks for the info, free shipping and a free T-shirt. The V&H Classics should be here Monday!  :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »

LRebel, I looked at three sites, all about the same price, I decided to go with Phat Performance, thanks for the info, free shipping and a free T-shirt. The V&H Classics should be here Monday!  :2vrolijk_21:

Talon,
Good deal...Hope you like them!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 01:31:58 AM »

Just so you know, my original replacement pipes were V&H headpipes. The fit sucked. It destroyed my brake pedal due to lack of clearance, and the O2 sensor bungs are in a bad location and come way too close to the trans. Never tried the RH and don't intend to. 2>1 is the only way to go!

Hoist! 8)
I agree with Hoist, 2 into 1 seems to be the way to go, alot of people say the D&D 2-1 is good! If you don't like it to loud, you can get the performance-quiet baffle for it!!

Just my opinion,
                                                       MIKE :coolblue:

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

This is just my worthless opinion, but tuners do love the Rineharts becasue they really do make some great numbers overall, but I've yet to see a touque curve on the Rineharts that didn't lag in the lower RPM's where a loaded touring bike needs it most. As long as you don't want the power in the lower range, then the Rineharts are the ticket.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »

Yeeeeeha!  (rebel yell)  har!  :drink: spyder

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

I've got the V&H true duals and oval slip on mufflers.  Love 'em!!  Love the sound and the performance.  They are not as loud as RH's with the standard baffle.  (I got a chance to hear both the RH's and the V&H side by side at my dealer before I decided.)  I can run them pretty quietly at 5am leaving the neighborhood to go to work, or really make them bark if I want to.  Fit and finish was/is excellent, no problems with clearance on the brake pedal and would buy them again. No complaints what-so-ever.

hi, i just put the v&h true duels on and had a problem with the brake pedal,  is there something i should know about how to get them to fit ?
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »

hi, i just put the v&h true duels on and had a problem with the brake pedal,  is there something i should know about how to get them to fit ?

I getting to Pull my New about (6 weeks old)  RH's off and will most likley sell them. New Version with 02 bungs a two additional baffles.Performance & Quiet. I have the performance installed now. Just a little too loud for me///I'll take $400 you pay
the freight
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

I have the BUB Tru Dual header pipes w/ the new Eagle Beak (EB) mufflers....have same issue with the clearance on brake pedal......especially stopping.  Get a vibration through the pedal due to contact with header pipe.  Instead of end caps, EBs have a Rinehardht black trim ring...so far, no color change.  And yes, they rumble.....at highway speeds in 6th gear it's music to my ears to hear that deep HD sound we all like.  But from 1st to 4th gettin' on it, the people behind you will need hearing protection ! 8)  I like it !  ;D
Gunn Runner

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

Thanks for all the opinions. I am torn between Rinehart TD and V&H TD. I will probably go with V&H
because of the wide selection of mufflers for them. But if i found a good deal on Rineharts, who knows
i might just have to buy them. :confused5: :bananarock:

Thanks,

Mark  aka  Banana man

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »

Hope you have better luck with the RH TDs than I did. The dealer said they wouldn't fit then refused to even try. They recommended slip-ons instead. The slip-ons are too loud and the change in performance after a dyno tune absolutely sucks! Low end torque is gone. Throttle response is gone. Should have left it alone! But, this is probably due to 'unforeseen circumstances' - an inept dealer!

Oh yes, this is an FLHRSE4. That was a great bike!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:17:36 AM by SE08RK »

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »

This is just my worthless opinion, but tuners do love the Rineharts becasue they really do make some great numbers overall, but I've yet to see a touque curve on the Rineharts that didn't lag in the lower RPM's where a loaded touring bike needs it most. As long as you don't want the power in the lower range, then the Rineharts are the ticket.
Here you go! Here is one. Pretty flat across the rpm range.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »

Here's a dyno comparison, from the Latus site. Depends what your looking for, where you want your gains, some people get the RH, just to get the true duel look.

Here's a dyno comparison of RH/TD, and V&H slip-ons, I posted earlier in the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 21 queries.