Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ordering SERT-Need confirmation on current P/N!  (Read 3002 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Ordering SERT-Need confirmation on current P/N!
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »

I need to order a SERT today to disable my ACR's. I plan on ordering P/N 32107-01H for an '07 FLHRSE3. Is this correct? There is no J mod available, but I shouldn't need that. Before I pull the trigger, do I have the right P/N? TIA :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Ordering SERT-Need confirmation on current P/N!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »

Yes thats the part # it fits 02-08 as per the 08 screamin eagle book
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »

Thank you! placing order now! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mmbraun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:50:23 PM »

Is the "H" version available yet????

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 01:50:52 PM »

P/N 32107-01H is avalible according to the dealer.  The funny part is they list it as fitting 02-08 touring bike.  Thought there was a change in the plug at the ECM and whatabout the fly by wire?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »

P/N 32107-01H is avalible according to the dealer.  The funny part is they list it as fitting 02-08 touring bike.  Thought there was a change in the plug at the ECM and whatabout the fly by wire?

I haven't ever used a SERT, but I believe it connects to the ECM through the data/diagnostics plug, not the main ECM plug. The data plug is the same 4-place Deutsch plug it has been for awhile. Since it only writes to the map, the throttle and cruise circuitry isn't involved. That's why it works on any bike with the J1850 data bus.

:indian_chief:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:03:04 PM by Chief »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:27:33 PM »

I need to order a SERT today to disable my ACR's. I plan on ordering P/N 32107-01H for an '07 FLHRSE3. Is this correct? There is no J mod available, but I shouldn't need that. Before I pull the trigger, do I have the right P/N? TIA :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
Howie,

Do you really need a SERT for this, or can you just complete the circuit for the ACR's at the connector to make the ECM think they are still there and hooked up?  I haven't seen this system in person, but I would bet they could be bypassed similar to the way the O2 sensors are bypassed with a PC.  :nixweiss: 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »

Howie,

Do you really need a SERT for this, or can you just complete the circuit for the ACR's at the connector to make the ECM think they are still there and hooked up?  I haven't seen this system in person, but I would bet they could be bypassed similar to the way the O2 sensors are bypassed with a PC.  :nixweiss: 

Jerry

Jerry, this is only anecdotal.  And I don't even consider the source to be all that well informed.  So take it for what it's worth.

I had reason to be at the local dealership in their service area for several hours one day last week.  Their dyno guy and another tech were talking about disconnecting ACRs due to an electrical failure.  The tech suggested what you just did.  The dyno guy told him "no, won't work."  He went on to explain a bunch of error codes it would supposedly throw and that he didn't "think the bike would even run."

Again, I personally don't have a clue.  No experience with it whatsover other than looking at a schematic when they were first released.  But that's what the guy at the shop said.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »

Jerry, this is only anecdotal.  And I don't even consider the source to be all that well informed.  So take it for what it's worth.

I had reason to be at the local dealership in their service area for several hours one day last week.  Their dyno guy and another tech were talking about disconnecting ACRs due to an electrical failure.  The tech suggested what you just did.  The dyno guy told him "no, won't work."  He went on to explain a bunch of error codes it would supposedly throw and that he didn't "think the bike would even run."

Again, I personally don't have a clue.  No experience with it whatsover other than looking at a schematic when they were first released.  But that's what the guy at the shop said.
Don,

That same issue would be true of the O2 sensors if you just completed the circuit with a bit of wire, you would get DTC's and a check engine light.  The ECM has to see the right resistance values to make it believe the parts are there.  I'm just wondering if the same is true of the ACR's, or if it's a little more complicated. :nixweiss:

I can't believe the way this system was designed, whereby a wiring failure or even just a loose connection could get you killed when the engine quits out on the road.  I can see H-D protecting themselves on the warranty front by making sure the engine wouldn't crank if the ACR's were inoperative, but no engineer in his right mind would set it up so it would shut down an already running engine.  I'm going to have to quit reading all this stuff, or I'll never feel like walking into a dealership again. :nervous:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:27 AM »

Don,

That same issue would be true of the O2 sensors if you just completed the circuit with a bit of wire, you would get DTC's and a check engine light.  The ECM has to see the right resistance values to make it believe the parts are there.  I'm just wondering if the same is true of the ACR's, or if it's a little more complicated. :nixweiss:

I can't believe the way this system was designed, whereby a wiring failure or even just a loose connection could get you killed when the engine quits out on the road.  I can see H-D protecting themselves on the warranty front by making sure the engine wouldn't crank if the ACR's were inoperative, but no engineer in his right mind would set it up so it would shut down an already running engine.  I'm going to have to quit reading all this stuff, or I'll never feel like walking into a dealership again. :nervous:

Jerry

Jerry, I remember a thread here somewhere discussing this when these were first released.  I actually didn't believe the description of how it was done.  Just couldn't believe that as a system it would be approved.

I remember making a comment to someone to the effect of "wonder how much problem these will be?"  Someone answered that ACRs had been around for a long time.  The unfortunate response was something like "not setup like this."

Even with the less then ideal pleacement of the releases themselves the firing of them and their interoperability could be so much smarter.  Just hard to understand how this one passed muster.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »

Don,

Jerry

Jerry,

I can atest that the engine will crank, run and not throw any codes if the ACR, at least the rear, is disconnected.

I was riding a couple of weekends ago and thought the motor was cranking a bit slower than normal so I started looking around when I got home. The rear ACR plug was disconnected. When I had it in for questionable ACR operation, evidently the tech did not connect the plug, or did so without properly engaging the locking tab. Short story was that the plug halves were not connected together and the only evidence of a problem was a slower crank.

The situation may be totally different with a short, but an open is tolerated without fault, in my case. Having someone else verify this would be nice.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

Regarding the ACR's, I received this from a member while I was away:

"I think you can disable the ACR's by pulling the purple wire #15 in the stock ecm wiring harness - from the plug that plugs into the ecm."

How can we confirm exactly what needs to be done here and save me another 400 bucks and a retune, and be sure everything's good, and I don't throw codes? :nixweiss:

Thanks gang! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »

Regarding the ACR's, I received this from a member while I was away:

"I think you can disable the ACR's by pulling the purple wire #15 in the stock ecm wiring harness - from the plug that plugs into the ecm."

How can we confirm exactly what needs to be done here and save me another 400 bucks and a retune, and be sure everything's good, and I don't throw codes? :nixweiss:

Thanks gang! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Unplug them and see if it starts, runs and remains error free.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

why not take the ACR(s) out of the heads and tie them off to the frame. this way the computer can still see them
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

why not take the ACR(s) out of the heads and tie them off to the frame. this way the computer can still see them

Thanks Neal, I thought of that, but thought it was kinda weird having them things popping open and closed uninstalled. Still an option although.

I got this from Zanottis today:

"The new race tuner that is coming out is 32107-01H and it set to be released from H-D at the end of the month.  This has the new software with it.  The current version of the software that will work with 07 models is 32117-01J.  The new software that will work with the 08 models is going to be 32117-01L."

Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.