Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?  (Read 14824 times)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
Re: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 11:33:45 PM »

Enter your personal security code via the turn signal switches, then it will start. Dealer can hook up to the computer and "re-learn" your fobs to the ECM. Been there, done that!

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:49 PM »

Enter your personal security code via the turn signal switches, then it will start. Dealer can hook up to the computer and "re-learn" your fobs to the ECM. Been there, done that!

Yeah, I tried that, but no luck. Can't get it to recognize crap! But it did do a horn test again! Dealer is picking up bike tomorrow morning and taking it back to the shop. I think they are as tired looking at this bike in the shop as I am. They'll fix it, but it's starting to turn into 2008 model with as many part changes as I've don on this puppy.....have I ever mentioned that I wished I kept my Road King.....  :coolblue:
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »

At least it's judt your alarm!!!!  I dumped my '06 SEUC after getting tired of all the paint issues and other problems, lost $6,000.  Now my '07 SEUC is in the shop with a blown rear head gasket, they are currently going to replace the rear cyclinder, pistons, rings.  I asked aboth the front cyclinder & the dealer is saying we are dpoing what HD told us to do!!!!!!

I am thinking about dumping the '07 for an '08 SEUC, but I think my stupid light may be on!!!!!!

napalm

If you don't already have a case num ber call customer service and get one.
You can demand F&R as not to have a motor with half a new and half an old engine.  They will agree and do it.   Also demand they check crank runout first which they will do.  You may get a new motor .  That's how it went for me.  Don't roll over.
Good luck.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 10:53:02 PM »

UPDATE:
Well, I spoke with the dealership again and they said that the battery needed to be given a kick in the ass. Told to put a "10 amp" charge on it over night. (I used a 3 amp charger before) The battery supposibly has circuitry. ??  Anyway, what the heck, I slapped the 10 amp charge on it and let it charge all night. Came home from work later in the afternoon and the bike alarm appeared to reset itself and the bike started.

Issue now is why it died in the first place (actually the second time it's "just died") Last time the regulator had gone south. Might be same issue. Anyway, taking it to the shop tomorrow so that they can figure it out. I don't really trust it at this point. Can't just have a bike "die" on ya for no reason! Just wanted to bring everyone up to speed on this. Sounds a bit crazy, but it is what it is. OR....maybe I'm just a bit stupid..which isn't totally out of the quesiton. :nixweiss:
Ugly John 

Ok, I locked up the bike over the weekend and finally it started to rain today, so I go the urge to ride. BUT, I unlocked the ignition and turned to "ignition" and the frigg'n alarm stated going off. The fob was in my pocket. !!!  :nixweiss: The "smart" alarm just went off and on for about 5 minutes. I turned the ignition off and on . . . but the alarm kept going. Anyway, it finally stopped and it was getting late, so I took the truck to work.

I get home after work and got the instructions to manually disarm the alarm. Well, I decided to try this again. I turned the ignition to "ignition" and all I got was the "oil" and "neutral" light. Everything else was dead. No alarm, no lights, no dash lights, no headlights, no turn signals....nada nothing. Other than the two lights (oil and neutral) the bike was DEAD! 

Any thoughts? I checked the manual, but apparently this is a all secret thing. The HD shop said to put a battery charger on it! Humm... for some reason that doesn't sound right!  Ok, you guys have saved my butt a few times and I would greatly appreciate your input. :'(    :'(    :'(
Ugly John

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »

John,

Just a suggestion, but since you've had the battery go south on you more than once I would have the dealer do a load test on it.  You may have lost significant capacity with the failures, and they should replace the battery under warranty if that is the case.

Jerry

PS.  The thing about hitting the dead battery with a higher current (ie. 10 amp) to "jump start" the charging cycle is true with AGM maintenance free batteries.    It has to do with the chemistry and internal resistance of the battery.  Just be careful not to overdo it; personally I wouldn't recommend hooking it up and just letting it charge over night.  Keep it under 3 hours and monitor it for overheating. Once the battery reaches approximately 75% of full charge, switch over to your trickle charger to bring it up to 100%.  If overdone, you can overheat and dry out the battery, turning it into large and somewhat ugly paperweight.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 08:53:18 AM »

Thanks grc. I'll be taking it in for a battery load test tomorrow. I'm thinking a new battery would make me feel warm and fuzzy!
Ugly John

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

Ok, a little late to the session, but the same thing happened to me, the dealer ran a scan (digital tech) and found most of the ecm values out of spec, after they replaced the battery, possible shorted cell, the values returned to normal, and I have not had a problem since.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 10:45:27 PM »

Update if I already didn't do it...  I put the battery on a 8amp charge overnight (about 6 hours, built in trickle as it gets charged) Took off in morning and all is very good now. I guess I just had to wake up the battery. No alarm problems or otherwise. I'm happy camper again. Currently I have no gripes.
Ugly John

grumpy

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 03:00:47 PM »

Had the same thing happen to me, disconnect the maxi fuse under the left side cover and then charge the battery completly. Once that is done reconnect the maxi fuse and wait about3 to 5 minutes and make sure that the batteries are changed in the fobs. It was driving me crazy also.

n2cvo

• CVO1: 07 cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 09 cvo road glide
    • CVO3: 15 cvo road glide
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »

i had same issue on my 07 ultra.  found out once i charged battery everything worked fine.  now i keep battery tender on and no problems

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »

UPDATE:::
O' can I cuss now?   :soapbox:  Since my last post the bike died again. Dead battery again.  :nixweiss: This time no alarm etc..for as before it appears that all batteries are completely dead. Well, hell....good I guess. I hit it with my frigg'n 40amp charger this time and started the bike up and took it to the dealership two weeks ago this coming thursday.

It's been in the shop fat dumb and happy since I dropped it off. The battery hasn't lost a charge since! WTF??  I've given them permission the ride the bike to hell and back if necessary and see if something is loose or causing a short in the system. At this point I can't ride anyway due to hand surgery last week and besides, I need to break in the new motor that just got installed due to the famous oil leaks. At least the bike will get rid'n this winter by someone! I don't believe in garage dust...it's just a sin I can't live with on a bike!

Anyway, not to bore ya too much, I'll post the cause and resolve. I just would like to have the bike running so that when my hand gets healed up I can ride. This really sucks.
Ugly John

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »

Tried to go on a Polar Bear Run today and yep . . . you guessed it. DEAD BATTERY. So I checked it and it had 3.26 volts left. I put the charger on it and the frigg'n alarm starts going off. I pulled the master fuse and noda....alarm is well and did I mention LOUD!  I put the master back in and then put the charger back on. Anyway, I let it finally reset itself. I guess no riding today.

My question. Since this is problem is not going away, and riding doesn't seem to be an option and the dealer can't seem to find the problem. Is there a way I can totally disengage the alarm system and all of it's frigg'n bells and whistles to keep the owner from riding it? Can I put it in a "service" mode or somthing?
This is really starting to run me sideway and I'm tired of messing with the alarm/dead bike stuff. I want to at least throw a darn charger on it each week that I want to ride it and fire it up. I just hope I don't have to stop for gas or something while out riding it.
Ugly John 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »

Tried to go on a Polar Bear Run today and yep . . . you guessed it. DEAD BATTERY. So I checked it and it had 3.26 volts left. I put the charger on it and the frigg'n alarm starts going off. I pulled the master fuse and noda....alarm is well and did I mention LOUD!  I put the master back in and then put the charger back on. Anyway, I let it finally reset itself. I guess no riding today.

My question. Since this is problem is not going away, and riding doesn't seem to be an option and the dealer can't seem to find the problem. Is there a way I can totally disengage the alarm system and all of it's frigg'n bells and whistles to keep the owner from riding it? Can I put it in a "service" mode or somthing?
This is really starting to run me sideway and I'm tired of messing with the alarm/dead bike stuff. I want to at least throw a darn charger on it each week that I want to ride it and fire it up. I just hope I don't have to stop for gas or something while out riding it.
Ugly John 

Hey UJ, I'm not sure you can play with the '07 alarm at all. I plan on disconnecting mine completely. I got P/N 68920-07, a non-security TSM, to replace the stock CVO security one. They say you need the dealer to set it up with the DT. I'll let you know on that after I try it. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

Thanks Hoist. I'm done with this alarm stuff and the frigg'n battery thing. I'm getting a new battery this week and then I'm going to put it on a charger every night. The bike will either start or burn up. Either on at this point is good for me.  :soapbox:
Ugly John

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »

UJ

do you have any electrical upgrades on your bike that you installed???

The reason I asked, I had an electrical short on my ride due to the run/brake/control installation..... which I installed, the problem - wires rubbed on tire

and my old man ride, HD installed the run/brake/control on his bike and he had the same problem........ his battery would die after two weeks of sitting........

unfortunately you have a short somewhere that the dealer can not find........ :nixweiss:
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 21 queries.