Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ACR/V&H Fuel Pak  (Read 960 times)

bearammus

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
ACR/V&H Fuel Pak
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:04:36 PM »

Anyone had a problem with a V&H Fuel Pack interferring with the signal from ECM to activate ACRs during starting?  Been getting intermittant grinding noise and slight lockup sounds.  Always starts but sometimes takes a few tries.  Dealer says ACRs are good, no damage on starter gears.  Full charge on battery.  Because the ACR signal comes from the ECM and the fuel pack is plugged into the ECM, is there a possibility that this the cause of the problem?  With the knowledge and experience on this site, I thought I'd check before I switch to sert.  Thanks 

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: ACR/V&H Fuel Pak
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »

Anyone had a problem with a V&H Fuel Pack interferring with the signal from ECM to activate ACRs during starting?  Been getting intermittant grinding noise and slight lockup sounds.  Always starts but sometimes takes a few tries.  Dealer says ACRs are good, no damage on starter gears.  Full charge on battery.  Because the ACR signal comes from the ECM and the fuel pack is plugged into the ECM, is there a possibility that this the cause of the problem?  With the knowledge and experience on this site, I thought I'd check before I switch to sert.  Thanks 

Do you know what the dealer did to verify the ACR's are working?  Did they do a compression check to be certain they are working?

later...Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »

If you want to be sure that the ACR's function when using the Fuel pak you can modify the way they function. When using the TCFI IID you need to make the modification I have shown below. What this does is engage the ACR's while the starter button is engauged.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »

Since very few 2007 models used this feature it may be a case where in previous years the pin was marked unused.  HD then decided to use it only on the SE models and V&H was not prepared to pass the signal along.  Just a guess.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »

Ive been running a fuel pak on my 07 SE Ultra with good results, Compression releases work just fine.

bearammus

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:44:51 PM »

Sadenbar,

Dealer performed compression test to verify ACR operation.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.