Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CVOers are the Best  (Read 4229 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
CVOers are the Best
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »

While coming home from the No Ga souting trip my jester crapped out on me.  Today is her birthday - one year old.  Guess I didn't get her enough pretty chrome and she got pi$$ed.  Anyway, she was running strong at 80 and just lost power and I had to pull over.  Felt like just pumping on one lung.  We were on I-24 about 30 miles south of Murfreesboro, Tn, and I called my friend Tom Bumpus who owns the store there and they dispatched a tow truck.  But before their truck got there Ken & Sherri (Hogbreath & Jestor Decor) drove by, saw us and turned around and came back.  They followed us to the dealer and spent the afternoon with us waiting.  Finally at 4 pm it was determined that there would be no resolution today and Ken insisted they bring us home.  They drove us to Jackson, Tn, where our daughter met us.  I know this took Ken & Sherri about 100 miles or more out of their way - not to even mention not leaving us alone all afternoon.  So THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.  You are the BEST.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:49:21 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: CVOers are the Best
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »

Wow, great story, Jerry.  Well, of the help you got from Ken and Cheri (sp?), that is.  That Jester sure has given you some fits, though, hasn't it. :nervous:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »

That sure is a bummer Jerry. I hope the get her all straightened out for you real soon.

It was great seeing you and J. Carolyn again. You make sure and take care of her knee real good.

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »

While coming home from the No Ga souting trip my jester crapped out on me.  Today is her birthday - one year old.  Guess I didn't get her enough pretty chrome and she got pi$$ed.  Anyway, she was running strong at 80 and just lost power and I had to pull over.  Felt like just pumping on one lung.  We were on I-24 about 30 miles south of Murfreesboro, Tn, and I called my friend Tom Bumpus who owns the store there and they dispatched a tow truck.  But before their truck got there Ken & Sherri (Hogbreath & Jestor Decor) drove by, saw us and turned around and came back.  They followed us to the dealer and spent the afternoon with us waiting.  Finally at 4 pm it was determined that there would be no resolution today and Ken insisted they bring us home.  They drove us to Jackson, Tn, where our daughter met us.  I know this took Ken & Sherri about 100 miles or more out of their way - not to even mention not leaving us alone all afternoon.  So THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.  You are the BEST.

So sorry to hear about another problem with your bike Jerry. :(  I know how much you love that bike too! But when the chips are down, the folks here are always willing to lend a hand. Glad you got home safe. We just got off the phone with Ken and Cheri. They're almost home and were only too happy to help you. And every one of us would've done the same! Good luck with the repair. Let us know what it was this time. Do I smell another compression release failure or short?

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

Jerry,
Sorry to hear about the bike but not surprised at all with Ken and Cheri. They are great caring and giving folks. :2vrolijk_21:

Ed :pepper:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »

Yet another reminder that the reason we love the bikes is really the people that ride the bikes.  Jerry, sorry to read the bike is giving problems once again.  Thankful it wasn't a catastrophic failure and that you had friends come by.  Good luck on getting it sorted out soon and easy.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »

Jerry, I'm glad to hear that you are all OK. I saw Ken & Cheri driving off this morning but wasn't up early enough to say goodbye to you. I'm glad to see that you are now home safely. It was a real pleasure riding with you this weekend! Keep us posted on the bike & I know someone that is willing to buy your trailer   ;D  ;).

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »

Jerry, I'm glad to hear that you are all OK. I saw Ken & Cheri driving off this morning but wasn't up early enough to say goodbye to you. I'm glad to see that you are now home safely. It was a real pleasure riding with you this weekend! Keep us posted on the bike & I know someone that is willing to buy your trailer    ;D  ;).
I'll give you a call with a price first thing tomorrow, lol.  On the bike I strongly suspect a bad acr in the rear cyl.  You know how they have to go by the 'book.'  Well hooking up scanalyzer said no combustion on the rear cyl and possible bad ecm or ecm connection.  Report I got was that they had an ecm and swapped it out but no joy and put mine back in.  Later I learned that they had 'cleared' my ecm so even if they got it fixed I couldn't ride it without my sert map in it and of course I forgot the cd with the map file and the dongle to hook everything up.  So FedEx'd those when I got home this evening.  They've done compression test, fuel pressure test, spark test and all OK.  Even replaced the rear injector.  Had to go thru H-D tech services as you probably know and waiting for them to phone back slowed things.  So when I left it they were planning to replace the rear acr and I really think that will fix it.  No part in stock but they did have a 110 build up kit that I'm trying to get them to rob the acr from.  We'll see.  And Tom Bumpus said he was coming to Memphis this weekend and would be glad to trailer by bike back here.  So hopefully we'll have her back and good to go real soon.

IBA member # 45520

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »

They are the best :2vrolijk_21:

Reminds me of last year on the way home from Myrtle Beach Spring Rally when Pete and Lou turned around for me when I had a flat rear tire.

I think we would be hard pressed to find anyone on this site that would not go out of their way to help someone in need.

Hope your scoot gets well soon. When they find that the rear ACR wire is burned through....have them install some heat treated wire loom material on the wires to keep it from happening again.

Glad your home safe :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

I'll give you a call with a price first thing tomorrow, lol.  On the bike I strongly suspect a bad acr in the rear cyl.  You know how they have to go by the 'book.'  Well hooking up scanalyzer said no combustion on the rear cyl and possible bad ecm or ecm connection.  Report I got was that they had an ecm and swapped it out but no joy and put mine back in.  Later I learned that they had 'cleared' my ecm so even if they got it fixed I couldn't ride it without my sert map in it and of course I forgot the cd with the map file and the dongle to hook everything up.  So FedEx'd those when I got home this evening.  They've done compression test, fuel pressure test, spark test and all OK.  Even replaced the rear injector.  Had to go thru H-D tech services as you probably know and waiting for them to phone back slowed things.  So when I left it they were planning to replace the rear acr and I really think that will fix it.  No part in stock but they did have a 110 build up kit that I'm trying to get them to rob the acr from.  We'll see.  And Tom Bumpus said he was coming to Memphis this weekend and would be glad to trailer by bike back here.  So hopefully we'll have her back and good to go real soon.

Hmm...if they have done a compression test, they should know for sure if the acr is functioning or not.  If it is working, the compression should be 150 or so.  If it is not working, compression should be 200 plus.  Working or not, your bike should run, unless the main ecm fuse was taken out.  If the main ecm fuse was taken out, your bike would crank but not start....  They will figure it out, but sounds like some more diagnostics first....

later...Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »

This site is better than any roadside assistance plan because it is made up of good people who love to ride with no bottom line to worry about.  No plan at any cost is as valuable as genuine hospitality from great people.  HD can't package that.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »

... they dispatched a tow truck.  But before their truck got there Ken & Sherri (Hogbreath & Jestor Decor) drove by, saw us and turned around and came back. ....  You are the BEST.

So sorry to hear of your bike troubles, thank goodness if you had to have them at all, it was on the way home.  And yes, you just know that Ken and Sherri would stop to make sure you were well taken care of.  The CVOers are the Best, aren't they.  Jerry, let us know how the diagnosis turns out.

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »

Hmm...if they have done a compression test, they should know for sure if the acr is functioning or not.  If it is working, the compression should be 150 or so.  If it is not working, compression should be 200 plus.  Working or not, your bike should run, unless the main ecm fuse was taken out.  If the main ecm fuse was taken out, your bike would crank but not start....  They will figure it out, but sounds like some more diagnostics first....

later...Scott
Agree.  But you know how it is - hard to get real detailed info because it gets translated from the tech to the service guy.  I do know for sure that scanalyzer pulled up no combustion on rear cyl.  It would start and just barely run if you kept twisting the throttle, but hardly any power.

Not sure but I think it was maybe Howie who said if acr shorted (? ? ?) then ecm would shut off that cyl.  Anyone know if this is correct?

IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »

Agree.  But you know how it is - hard to get real detailed info because it gets translated from the tech to the service guy.  I do know for sure that scanalyzer pulled up no combustion on rear cyl.  It would start and just barely run if you kept twisting the throttle, but hardly any power.

Not sure but I think it was maybe Howie who said if acr shorted (? ? ?) then ecm would shut off that cyl.  Anyone know if this is correct?

That's what we were originally told. But it's not correct. When mine shorted out, it blew the ECM fuse. That's why the bike wouldn't fire at all. I thought it should've run on 1 cyl, based on the original info we got. But with a blown CM fuse, it won't fire at all. You can disconnect both ACR wires from the ACR's and the bike should still run normal. You just won't have functioning CR's. That's why I added the manual CR's. Hope this helps Jerry.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »

Mi amigo Jerry, it's sad you are having problems again with your bike........hoepfully is not going to be any major thing but in the other hand it's wonderful that ken & Chery took care of you.they are a great couple!!!

Jorge
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 22 queries.