Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Test Drove 08 Mustang Shelby GT500, Thumbs Down.  (Read 2695 times)

deucedog

Re: Test Drove 08 Mustang Shelby GT500, Thumbs Down.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 10:27:47 AM »

Why look at the rest?  Go GM and get the best!  :)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 11:33:12 AM »

Well CHIT, it is incredibly disappointing, corners like a overloaded top-heavy p/u truck. Rear end is a joke and there is more roll in a curve than a bloated houseboat in 6 foot seas. It is only good for a straight line dash from stop light to stop light, I'm too old for that.

A fellow I know is the lead engineer on the Mustangs brakes.  He took a Shelby and 2 other Mustangs down to the Dragon for brake testing  the week after Thanksgiving.  I haven't talked to him in detail but his comment to me was "You did the Dragon on a motorcycle"?   Meaning to me it must have handled badly.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »

Deucedog-

Nice choice of car and color.  Love red for a sports car.   :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »

Deuce,
Z06's are fine machines! Where is your front Cali-plate dude ?  :nixweiss:   :bananarock: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

deucedog

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Deuce,
Z06's are fine machines! Where is your front Cali-plate dude ?  :nixweiss:   :bananarock: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:
Joe

I have one and it is mounted in a frame with a small bracket on the back.  It is made by Topflight Productions.  It is removable without damaging the bumper.  I have had the car for 1.5 years and haven't been stopped for a fix it ticket.  When I do, I can attach it with 2 wing nuts on small studs mounted on the underside of the bumper - you can barely see them.  A great product from Topflight. 

deucedog

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 01:41:36 PM »

After waiting and quite a lot of searching I finally found a fully loaded new Shelby below sticker. I've been drooling over this car since they came out and was so excited to find one 1.5K below sticker. Well CHIT, it is incredibly disappointing, corners like a overloaded top-heavy p/u truck. Rear end is a joke and there is more roll in a curve than a bloated houseboat in 6 foot seas. It is only good for a straight line dash from stop light to stop light, I'm too old for that. The quality of fit and finish was also very disappointing, whole thing was cheap plastic. That obsession just went in the toilet, I'll go and pick up a Vette next week. Ford might do trucks best but when it comes to modern American muscle, GM rules!

Even though I agree that the Corvette (either a C6 or Z06) is a better car, you have to admit that the GT500 looks pretty cool.  For example, there are several other bikes that are faster and handle better than the CVO's, but they're Harleys and they do look nice and are awesome cruisers.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »

Have always been a die hard GM guy.First corvette I had was a '65 I got used in '67.Last one was a '86 with 6 or 7 inbetween including a '60 I did a frame off on.Saying that I have to admit that my wifes '07 V8 GT mustang rag top is a fun ride.Had it on the Dragon last fall,but she wouldn't let me drive.Something about not having enough clean underware with her.Got 2 tickets with the '86 'vette before I gave up & put a front plate on it.2nd day with the Mustang got a warning for it.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.