Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Progressive 440s, Ness Big Sucker and Other Random Photos  (Read 4337 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Progressive 440s, Ness Big Sucker and Other Random Photos
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »

Late last year, one of our members here provided me with a set of 13" standard Progressive 440s for the SERG after they converted to Bitubos.  Just now getting warm enough in the garage to spend the time out there to put them on, so that's what I did yesterday afternoon.  Incredibly, these shocks set the bike about an inch lower in the rear than the stock air shocks, even though they are both claimed to be 13".  For comparison, I lined them up next to the 12" heavy duty 440s on my SEEG and they are definintely taller, though closer to only 3/4" taller instead of a full inch.  The lower height on the SERG is a blessing since with the stock shocks, the bike had a rake to it that set the rear end of the bike a little too far up in the air.  The Progressives pretty much level everything out. :2vrolijk_21:  The bike now has the familiar (and much improved) ride quality of the SEEG and though I'll still need to keep air in the front forks, at least the rear end is good to go.

These things look so much better than the black air shocks, it's almost a shame to put the bags back on. :nixweiss:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Progressive 440s, Ness Big Sucker and Other Random Photos
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 11:36:56 PM »

Ness Big Sucker with K&N air filter.  Sets the air cleaner cover a bit lower and you can see the bolt heads sticking out above a little bit, but I think this looks better than the older style H-D Stage 1 kits where they had the chrome crossover breather tubes.  Sure does work good, anyway. :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:38:13 PM »

Crappy paint job on the back of the bags.  If only Chief's painter worked at the MoCo. :-\

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »

All buttoned up and ready to go!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 11:48:52 PM »

All buttoned up and ready to go!

Looks pretty outstanding, Brian...  Did any of yesterday's snow reach you, or was the entertainment (torture) limited to us in the north of the state?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »

Looks pretty outstanding, Brian...  Did any of yesterday's snow reach you, or was the entertainment (torture) limited to us in the north of the state?

We got no snow yesterday, Scott.  In fact, it was sunny most of the day and got into the upper-50s.  I even took the SERG out after I put the shocks on and rode to the dealer to get a rear taillamp base for it to replace the cracked one that was on there.  Pulled in, left the garage door open, and proceded to replace that piece dressed in a sweatshirt.  We got a few sprinkles of rain around 2:00 or 3:00, and it was only in the mid-30s today and cloudy and windy all day, but at least yesterday provided a taste of what's to come. :2vrolijk_21:

How much of the white stuff did you guys get up there? :nixweiss:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »

We got no snow yesterday, Scott.  In fact, it was sunny most of the day and got into the upper-50s.  I even took the SERG out after I put the shocks on and rode to the dealer to get a rear taillamp base for it to replace the cracked one that was on there.  Pulled in, left the garage door open, and proceded to replace that piece dressed in a sweatshirt.  We got a few sprinkles of rain around 2:00 or 3:00, and it was only in the mid-30s today and cloudy and windy all day, but at least yesterday provided a taste of what's to come. :2vrolijk_21:

How much of the white stuff did you guys get up there? :nixweiss:

We ended up with about 6"...just north in Janesville about 8"...Madison about 12"...Racine about 18"...  I am so done with snow this winter....  not even funny anymore...   ???
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

We ended up with about 6"...just north in Janesville about 8"...Madison about 12"...Racine about 18"...  I am so done with snow this winter....  not even funny anymore...   ???

It's been ridiculous, that's for sure. >:(  I guess with 4 or 5 mild ones in a row, we were due.  Let's just hope all the snow we got this winter doesn't turn into one downpour after another this spring. :nervous: :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »

Crappy paint job on the back of the bags.  If only Chief's painter worked at the MoCo. :-\

On the two 03 Classics and the SERG the paint looks about the same on the back of the bags.
There's plenty of paint but it's like, no one will see this part so let's rush thru it.
But in the end, I clean it, polish it, wax it and put it back on.

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »

On the two 03 Classics and the SERG the paint looks about the same on the back of the bags.
There's plenty of paint but it's like, no one will see this part so let's rush thru it.
But in the end, I clean it, polish it, wax it and put it back on.

;)

I'm not going to go look at the red one.  Don't want to know and I'd only fuss about it if I saw it.

Chip, I'll have to get the Progressives on this one right after the Georgia run.  They arrived here Friday late afternoon/early evening.  The UPS driver explained that the box was being returned because the lady that took it back said it smelled like Missouri.

The timing of sending them then finding this bike was too funny that day.  Still wish you'd hung on to them though.  Would've been just fine.  I'll certainly not be shy about putting back in to service.  But they're yours anytime you have need.  Might just carry them in the trailer with me to Georgia and get them drunk one night so they'll forget which bike they came in and slip in to your saddlebag ::) !

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

I'm not going to go look at the red one.  Don't want to know and I'd only fuss about it if I saw it.

Chip, I'll have to get the Progressives on this one right after the Georgia run.  They arrived here Friday late afternoon/early evening.  The UPS driver explained that the box was being returned because the lady that took it back said it smelled like Missouri.

The timing of sending them then finding this bike was too funny that day.  Still wish you'd hung on to them though.  Would've been just fine.  I'll certainly not be shy about putting back in to service.  But they're yours anytime you have need.  Might just carry them in the trailer with me to Georgia and get them drunk one night so they'll forget which bike they came in and slip in to your saddlebag ::) !

Don
As I have said before, what goes around comes around.
You help me, I help you.
I may stick something in your saddlebags, , , , , but it won't be shocks! :o

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:2vrolijk_21:

Hey!
Want to meet one day down at Traxxion?

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »

Hey!
Want to meet one day down at Traxxion?

I am too too tempted to call Max and ask what their schedule is like for the Friday we're all in Georgia.  If he said it was actually open I'd either ride the SERG or pull the legs and bring them in the trailer.  Then could quickly put it back together when I got home.

His schedule being what it is though it's likely they'd not get anyone in that quickly for a Harley.  That being so I could be tempted in to a potential weekend road trip sometime later this spring.  This is a safety upgrade after all; it's all about the safety. ::)

You did the 03s already?  Right?  So it's just the SERG yet to go in your garage?  At least unless Max can do the scooters or that racing lawn mower?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »

I am too too tempted to call Max and ask what their schedule is like for the Friday we're all in Georgia.  If he said it was actually open I'd either ride the SERG or pull the legs and bring them in the trailer.  Then could quickly put it back together when I got home.

His schedule being what it is though it's likely they'd not get anyone in that quickly for a Harley.  That being so I could be tempted in to a potential weekend road trip sometime later this spring.  This is a safety upgrade after all; it's all about the safety. ::)

You did the 03s already?  Right?  So it's just the SERG yet to go in your garage?  At least unless Max can do the scooters or that racing lawn mower?

03's are done.
Not doing the frontier.
SERG is the next candidate!
Road trip this spring will work!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.