Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Back from the latest surgery.  (Read 7694 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Back from the latest surgery.
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:53:01 PM »

A ride report of sorts, I suppose.  Number 9 is down and one to go.

Had a bunch of the hardware removed from my pelvis, Friday afternoon.  Besides being very, very sore, very bruised and stapled up, everything came out well.  I have one more to go, in about a month (artificial hip......both ball and socket).  Then hopefully (if I can believe what they tell me) that'll be the last.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

Re: Back from the latest surgery.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 09:57:49 PM »

JCZ

Glad you getting close!
Wish you best of luck
Mine and Nancy's thought's will be on your continual recovery!

HD2003 & SE06 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And small tidbit, I know where you can get a trailer,,,,CHEEP! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:12:15 PM »

JC, wondered why you hadn't been around for a few days [smiley=nixweiss.gif] (no posts got deleted, [smiley=lolk.gif]), now I  know why.  I guess what you're saying is good news, though it sounds very painful.  You'll be in my prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BTW,  [smiley=2vrolijk_06.gif] !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »

A ride report of sorts, I suppose.  Number 9 is down and one to go.

Had a bunch of the hardware removed from my pelvis, Friday afternoon.  Besides being very, very sore, very bruised and stapled up, everything came out well.  I have one more to go, in about a month (artificial hip......both ball and socket).  Then hopefully (if I can believe what they tell me) that'll be the last.

Now it won't be any fun anymore to be around JC with one of those big truck mounted construction/demolition/recycling electromagnets  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .

Well frack, if there's no swinging you from the rafters than you know its Godspeed and wishes for fair winds as you finish up  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 10:28:22 AM »

I am new here and have not had the chance to me you but I sincerely wish you the best for your continued recovery and, God willing, hope to meet you on the road as soon as possible.  JP [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 12:48:48 PM »

JCZ, this is the best news. I am so sorry you are still enduring so much pain and suffering, may the Drs be right in their assessment that you have only one more surgery to go. Any surgery is too much for me.  We have truly missed you here. I was thinking about you a lot, glad you have limped back up to the computer. Speedy recovery wishes. and so sorry we missed your birthday!   [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:30:11 PM »

i dont know why but this jumped into my head as i was reading this......

JCZ. CVO Owner. A man barely alive.
Gentlemen We can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic biker.
JCZ will be that man
Better than he was.  Better.  Stronger.  Faster.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 01:39:41 PM »

Get well soon![He ride's a cvo seeg ,does it get any faster than that???]
hdnut

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 02:12:40 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ,
 Glad you're back and doing well, Brother!  The pain you're experiencing now is a cake-walk compared to the other kind.  Right, Brother?  Hang in There!  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:50:39 PM »

We have the technology.
JCZ will be that man

Better smelling?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 03:59:49 PM »

We have the technology.
JCZ will be that man

And if all fails, we can start a collection for him a trailer! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:37:08 PM »

JCZ

And small tidbit, I know where you can get a trailer,,,,CHEEP! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Sorry Chip but  it just won't happen.  If I'm able to ride, it'll be ridden.  

The biggest patch on my vest says it clearly "It's the journey........not the destination"  all the rest of my patchs say "Rode Mine.....Milwaukee 03", "Rode Mine....Sturgis 02", "Rode Mine......Street Vibrations xx", "Rode Mine.....xxxxxxxxxx", "Rode Mine......XXXXXX".  Hey brother, I have a reputation to live up to........ [smiley=laugh.gif]

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes and prayers.  It hasn't kept me down.......as a matter of fact, I'm thinking I should try to get on it tomorrow.  200 stapels in my gut and I still gotta ride........it's in the blood. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 04:39:36 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 05:05:14 PM »

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes and prayers.  It hasn't kept me down.......as a matter of fact, I'm thinking I should try to get on it tomorrow.  200 stapels in my gut and I still gotta ride........it's in the blood. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JC, this is gonna be gross but given your post above it just has to be shared.  My dad, God love him, in the last several years before he passed had a whole host of medical issues.  And he just kept right on plugging along.  

There was this one spring where some of his plumbing had to be re-routed.  Had to get a colostomy.  The doc did the work.  Discharged him from the hospital a couple of days later.  And sent a note of all the things not to do.  

Well now Dad, being Dad, took it literally.  If the note didn't mention something he wanted to do and he'd decided he wanted to do it than you can damn well bet he was going to be out there doing.  The note didn't mention  not riding the bumpy old riding mower over the not completely smooth two acre yard.  And Dad decided he wanted to mow.

Of course there was a problem.  Things kind of bounced loose a bit.  Some work had to be redone.  Doc asked "what happened."  Dad responded "I was mowing the f***ing yard!  It wasn't on the list gawda**it!!"

I laughed.  Doc just shook his head.

I miss my Dad.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 02:17:11 PM »

I sure after all you've been thru..if your not down yet you ain't every gonna be down...
Good luck and hope to try and see you in Holister..if my plans don't get changed  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 09:58:14 PM »

I sure after all you've been thru..if your not down yet you ain't every gonna be down...
Good luck and hope to try and see you in Holister..if my plans don't get changed  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Cabo, haven't saw you on here for awhile.  Yea, when it gets closer I'll shoot you me cell phone.  Andy (AK) and a few others that were on here a year or so ago, will be there.  Andy has a condo in Santa Cruz, right on the beach, and plans a big bar-b-que on one of those nights.  He mentioned that he'd like to invite you, too.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.