Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Back from the latest surgery.  (Read 7689 times)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Back from the latest surgery.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 09:31:13 AM »

Hey JC...glad to hear your done with that one...doesn't surprise me your thinking about riding already...stop by the shop when you feel better..take care

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 05:53:32 PM »

Hey JC...glad to hear your done with that one...doesn't surprise me your thinking about riding already...stop by the shop when you feel better..take care

Been by there several times in the past week.......all day Wed and Thurs.  Had four buddys all buy new bikes this week from Sac HD, so I was spending a lot of time down there.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 09:12:49 PM »

Been by there several times in the past week.......all day Wed and Thurs.  Had four buddys all buy new bikes this week from Sac HD, so I was spending a lot of time down there.

My days off...sorry I missed you. We had a yellow SEEG on the floor waiting for owner Saturday...Beautiful...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 03:25:27 PM »

Some of you may find this a little interesting.  Here's a photo of the hardware that they  removed from my pelvis.  Normally, they don't remove it once it's in however, this stuff was in the way of the artificial hip (ball and socket both) that they're sceduled to put in, in a couple weeks.  You'll also notice a small piece of the larger plate that they had to cut out (it's stainless steel) to get to the screw underneath it.  Truely bionic.  There is still much hardware left in my pelvis, arm, leg and jaw.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 03:26:48 PM »

Woaaa......not sure how to shrink that photo down.  It startled me when I saw it.  [smiley=nervous.gif]

West Coast GTG   

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 04:13:26 PM »

Sure hope you are finding ways to manage the pain. It will be so great to have the next surgery done and the healing started from that one.  I suspect that it is going to be a long summer for you JCZ. One just never knows what can happen when you walk out your door one day and some event turns your world up on it's ear.  You have been so good to share with us, thank you. I am sure we are all wishing you a very speedy recovery.    [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 06:20:49 PM »

Woaaa......not sure how to shrink that photo down.  It startled me when I saw it.  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Wow, when JC says he got screwed that boy really means it [smiley=shocked2.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 11:09:37 PM »

The next surgery is scheduled for next Thurs. May 2.  I'll be down for a little bit, after this one.

West Coast GTG   

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 11:50:17 PM »

The next surgery is scheduled for next Thurs. May 2.  I'll be down for a little bit, after this one.

JC;
Best of luck!! I hope you have a speedy recovery so we can take another run to the mountains soon!!! Anything you need let me know!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 11:50:28 PM »

Is it the hip this time JC?  What's the rehab time after something that big?  Good luck man, will be having good thoughts going west.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2005, 03:33:41 PM »

Had the surgery Thurs. night and I just got home.  Feels kind of strange, for the past year my left leg has been shorter than my right, due to the accident.  Now it' the same length, due to the artificial hip and now I think I have to learn to walk all over, again.

I'm in bed, on the lap top and still have a recovery period of at least a month and probably longer........before I can ride again.......but I'm sure lookin forward to it.  Just for the record, it will not be in a trailer and it will not be for ice cream. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 03:39:23 PM »

JC, great to know the surgery went well and that you're back home already!  Do what the Dr.'s say during your recovery and you'll be back on two wheels and feeling great in no time! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 04:45:26 PM »

Had the surgery Thurs. night and I just got home.  Feels kind of strange, for the past year my left leg has been shorter than my right, due to the accident.  Now it' the same length, due to the artificial hip and now I think I have to learn to walk all over, again.

I'm in bed, on the lap top and still have a recovery period of at least a month and probably longer........before I can ride again.......but I'm sure lookin forward to it.  Just for the record, it will not be in a trailer and it will not be for ice cream. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

So what's gonna happen is that the wife will be riding in front and JC will be riding in back (for ice cream)  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .  Maybe she'll get him a sidecar  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Ok, seriously for a moment, glad your home man.  Learn to use the new parts and get any rough machinings worn smooth so you can hit the road at speed  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 06:07:36 PM »

Glad your home JC!

Good luck on your recovery!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ,
 I'm Happy you are home, Brother!  Before you're surgery, you would have walked normal in West (By GOD) Virginny!  Everybody's got one leg shorter than the other here!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.