Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Re: What made you buy your CVO?  (Read 5827 times)

mfgreen

Re: What made you buy your CVO?
« on: July 01, 2003, 07:19:58 AM »

Here's an interesting one...  What made you buy your CVO?  was it the paint, the limited number, the engine.  

For me, the bike just spoke to me - you know what I mean...

The "Bike" had a certain mystique about it.  It is a factory "hot rod" with a good pedigree and an attitude.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 08:42:50 AM »

i went with a CVO because my other ride is a complete frame up custom, powered by a 113" S&S motor [smiley=7.gif]. we were looking for a road king for a touring bike, but after i sat on one i was reminded why my softail is a custom, the basic black road king bored the chit out of me :(. plus i felt i might feel like somethin was missing going down to an 88" motor. i was trying to decide what i should do, even considered having another custom built but based around a touring bike, when a friend of mine was contemplating gettting a harley. i took a look at www.h-d.com and saw the teaser for the FLHRSEI and after reading the spec sheet i knew this was the kind of "factory" bike i was looking for [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]. i have done very few mods to the bike, and i love the little details on the bike  like the wires being internal to the handle bars, all the little chrome bolt covers, and the paint job looked damn good too. the fact that there are only a small number of the is a plus too. thats why i went CVO
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

ashcraft

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 03:56:50 PM »

Actually went in to buy a V-rod at MSRP. The dealer said "I've got this bike that a guy turned down." Went home and talked to my wife, and she asked which one would be better for her to ride on. Had a 2000 Fatboy at the time, so a dresser is bound to be better, she can now carry actual 'stuff' with her! Went back and bought the SERK.
ITS THE FLAMES, MAN.
Bought a 2k3 Firefighter Electra-Glide for ALL the stuff!
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

IndySE

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 01:10:44 AM »

First thought about a Fat Boy - but wanted/needed bags.  Friend had a Road King Classic - nice, but wanted something a bit different.  When I saw the paint job, custom wheels, handle bars ... on and on...  I knew I would have to spend hours and hours working on modifying an "off the rack" harley to have something that was unique.  I've tweeked my FLHRSEI in several ways but the basic bike was a great start and a look that really grew on me.  

I'm really happy with the bike, I've seen two or three around a bigger events - but each is a bit different with our own individual tweeks that it still doesn't seem like you have one of many.  I have never seen a red one - so those that have the red - good for you!  I think you really have a great and unique ride.   8)

TURK

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 10:12:17 AM »

During a business trip to South Bay area, decided to stop at a Hona/Suzuki dealer to see if I could sped a couple of grand to buy a small bike hoping to get my 17 year old son interested in motorcycles.
Didn't even know the dealership was a Harley dealership as well.
I walk into the showroom crowded with all sorts of bikes, and there I saw the Dyna Wide Glide 2!!

Forgot my son's name, forgot I had a son, forgot everything and remembered the last Harley I used to own many years ago.

That's all she wrote. Went home with it.

TURK

KSims1868

• Pearl FXR3 - lovin it!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 10:27:51 PM »

I didn't go out looking for a CVO bike.  I just knew I HAD to get rid of my Road King and get on something more "me".  I always felt like I was wrestling with the Road King instead of riding it.  
Well...I met a guy that was interested in my Road King because he and his wife decided they wanted more 2-up long distance riding.  
He happened to have a '99 FXR3 that he let me ride.  HOLY CRAP...I was hooked.  Sold my Road King in 2 days and went to buy his FXR3.  That was last Friday and I couldn't be happier.  I'll get some pics as soon as this d@mned rain quits!  
I bought the CVO model because of ALL the little details that make this bike the special model that it is.  It is literally dripping in chrome, it is absolutely the best handling HD I've ever ridden (FXR trait apparently) and the price was right.  I sold my '98 Police Road King and went and picked up this FXR3 with no out of pocket cash...basically it was a straight up trade.  Can't get any better than THAT.
Life's a garden...dig it!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 08:07:55 PM »

I also did not intend on getting the CVO (Deuce). I mean I liked the bike but didn't warm up to the color choices as viewed from the Harley website. I wanted a basic black bike. Well, once in the showroom I kinda liked the color (Cobalt Blue/Black). And when you sit on the bike, all you see is black. So from my perspective I've got a black bike and everyone else gets to see some color!

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 09:32:22 AM »

HAVE A 1992 FLSTF (FATBOY, AND DID HAVE A 2000 FLHRCI. WHEN I BOUGHT THE FLHRCI (ROAD KING) I WANTED A GLIDE AND MY WIFE THOUGHT IT LOOKED LIKE A GRANDPA'S BIKE. IN 2001 MY 16 YEAR OLD SON AND I WERE RIDING BACK FROM A TRIP TO YELLOWSTONE VIA STURGIS, (ATTACHED ONE OF THE PHOTOS TAKEN WITH MY DIGITAL CAMERA THAT I TOOK VIDEO WITH ON THE TRIP. HAD IT MOUNTED TO THE FRONT FORK ON THE BIKE FOR THE TRIP, GREAT TO LOOK AT IN THE WINTER!) PUT IN A 650 MILE DAY AND LOOKED OVER AT A GUY AT THE HOTEL ON A FLTRSEI, CVO ROAD GLIDE AND SAID, MY NEXT BIKE WILL BE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. WELL, NOW TWO YEARS LATER I HAVE  ANOTHER DUAGHTER AND A GRAND DAUGHTER, SO I AM A GRANDPA NOW AND WHEN I SAW THE FLHTCSE I JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE. PUT A DEPOSIT AT TWO DEALERS THE MORNIING I SAW IT IN THE ENTHUSIAST. FIRST ONE IN WINS. SO MAYBE MY WIFE WAS RIGHT, IT IS THE PERFECT BIKE FOR THE GRANDPA THAT IS 42 AND FEELS LIKE HE'S 21!

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 01:44:16 PM »

rugby,
nice photo....bad enough we have to deal with idiots that don't care about motorcycles and dogs running out in front of us....but bison the size of an SUV are a little unpredictible.  I was wondering how you got those photos...thanks for clearing that up for us.  Speaking of clearing things...did you need to stop and clean the shorts after that?  Good idea though.
J
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 03:09:35 PM »

I bought my CVO FLHTCSE cuz when I saw it at sturgis it over stimulated me (a nice way of saying something else). Three month later I felt the same way so when the started shipping, like a good little boy in a red light district I got out my wallet and satified myself.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 01:01:56 AM »

I bought the SE Electra Glide because I had been looking at Harleys for awhile but had not seen anything that caught my eye as "different".  After returning from Biketober Fest in October I looked on the HD web site and by chance cliked on CVO and up popped one of the most beautiful (facotry) bikes I had seen in a while.  I immediately set out to get more information including hanging around this site and had very much made up my mind to buy the bike.  Only one slight problem - when I went to the local dealers they all told me the same thing "Sold Out".  One day sat by the phone and bingo on the 16th call found one at a dealer a couple of hundred miles away.  She now sits in my garage with a little more than 1,000 miles!

Bottom line, was looking for something unique, with a little more power (than stock HD), that stood out and was somewhat different.  I think I found it!!

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 07:16:53 AM »

Didn't even know about the CVO. Walked in my Dealer for a dinner ride and there she was. a 2002 purple screaming Eagle. I told my wife I had just looked at the best looking bike I ever saw. Next day my soft tail was sold and the eagle was mine.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 10:17:02 AM »

I had wrote to HD and talk to them and Willie G at all the events that I saw them at........I kept asking "when are you guys going to come out with a Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic?"  Well, the SEEG (Screamin Eagle Electra Glide) is as close as it got.  I expected it to come out in 2003 for the 100th but they surprised me.

I originally ordered the Orange and Black.  Then I rode out to Milwaukee for the 100th and saw the Cobalt Blue and Black and changed my order.  It's supposed to be here in Feb.....Cobalt Blue and Black.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 11:01:16 AM »

After shopping around for weeks, and looking at dozens of bikes I saw this yellow fxr4. My first thought was...no I don't think so. I had made up my mind to buy this 2000 fxdwg, and it was black! How could I go wrong? After several trips to the shop I found myself becoming more interested in the fxr4. I just hadn't ever saw anything quite like it, and that is what finally sold me....and you've got to love it when people give it a look and say, "what is that?"........O yeah, my new tag says....FXR4....cool!

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 11:15:03 AM »

My favorite color is yellow. When I first saw a picture of the the yellow FXR4 I wanted one but couldn't find one. In 2002 I found one with 2500 miles on her and the fellow liked what I was riding so we worked out a trade. The best choice I've made motorcycle wise in my opinion. Have had more fun on this bike than any of the others. :)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.